The 2017/18 Academy Thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McAllister was there watching today. Wanted to ask him how he was but not quite brave enough. 

Didn't think that the 3-0 scoreline was a true reflection be honest.  Great finishing by their number nine but our young lads kept battling to the end. Lewis Walker challenged well alone up front and Babos ran himself into the ground. Jono Mitchell made some good saves so could have been worse. Louis Sibley looked good when he came on - after getting booked for his very first tackle on their number two he got to grips with the game and was very effective both defensively and in attack. What's the youngest left back we've ever played? ?

Just now, tinman said:

Kyron Stabana’s gone on trial to Crystal Palace. 

Yep, also had a trial with Barnsley apparently:

www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-man-features-trial-palace-1427391

I guess the rise of Bogle has made Stabana surplus to requirements!

50 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I assume Spurs training centre doesnt have appropriate TV access for this not to be on Rams TV...

Looks like another super young team selected, hoped we'd go stronger today with this being a "6-pointer".

I don't think we've got any between all the loans and Gary keeping the best in the first team squad.

Sunderland U23 have beaten Leicester U23 by 4-1 today meaning the young Rams slip into the relegation zone.

3 points tomorrow against West Ham are crucial. Kick off is 3pm (WTF?!) so i guess I'll be knocking off work early tomorrow then :whistle:

Please get Hanson & Thomas back in the team to give our youngsters half a chance... maybe we should give Keogh & Forsyth a run out too...

34 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Sunderland U23 have beaten Leicester U23 by 4-1 today meaning the young Rams slip into the relegation zone.

3 points tomorrow against West Ham are crucial. Kick off is 3pm (WTF?!) so i guess I'll be knocking off work early tomorrow then :whistle:

Please get Hanson & Thomas back in the team to give our youngsters half a chance... maybe we should give Keogh & Forsyth a run out too...

They have moved the game from Pride Park to Moor Farm so fans won't be able to attend. Maybe it will be on RamsTV? 

Frankly , I will be more pissed off if we lose our PL2 status than if our first team fail to make the play offs. I can't understand why we jeopardised all the hard work in getting them there in the first place by sending so many of them out on loan.

At least Bogle, Hanson and Thomas should be able to play tomorrow as they didn’t feature for the first team yesterday. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

They have moved the game from Pride Park to Moor Farm so fans won't be able to attend. Maybe it will be on RamsTV? 

Frankly , I will be more pissed off if we lose our PL2 status than if our first team fail to make the play offs. I can't understand why we jeopardised all the hard work in getting them there in the first place by sending so many of them out on loan.

At least Bogle and Thomas should be able to play tomorrow as they didn’t feature for the first team yesterday. 

It was advertised as being on rams tv on the preview show on Friday... as you say we've basically sabotaged our own season by loaning out so many. Elsnik & Gordon made sense at the time and I can stomach Guy going out as he's played regular league 1 football.... but to lose the likes of Lowe, Bennett, Vernam & Zanzala for them to not gain much first team football if any seems such a waste of our PL2 div 1 status.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Aaron Eyoma starting, along with Keogh, and Hanson captaining the side.

Lee Buchanan not ringing any bells - another trialist?

Buchanan has played the last couple of games, I think he's from the U18's.

Pleased to see Keogh given a run out as I suggested yesterday.

Come on Derby let's have this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived