v Northampton Town Match Thread

Day

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Nothing great but it did highlight a few negative aspects again

Yep, in case we were getting too carried away with GR's ability to turn sow's ear into silk purse. The players failings haven't gone away, we're still an unbalanced squad and now we lack any real sparkle too!

Yeah, I do wonder when a manager spouts the "I was pleased with some aspects" kind of rhetoric, is he trying to give his players positives or is he trying to convince Mel he has indeed got a plan in place.

I don't expect him to come out and say well that was sh1te but call a spade a spade man. I had hoped lacklustre displays were a thing of the past but who knows, he might have played some guys in a last chance saloon situation and he's got confirmation of who's not got a future at the club.

It's amazing how much people can read into a Tuesday preseason game against Northampton. There is barely anything to look at. Players don't want to get injured, hence they don't go all out, so some don't look that great. To be honest the 'x player needs ridding' brigade just comes across as 'I don't like this player so don't want him here'. Managers/players or whoever always say judge us after 10 games, some of you have given them -2.

The only interesting part of all this is Bennett been given a lot of game time and him trying to grasp it. The rest just need to keep building match fitness. You can't even take all the positives out of it because even though Huddlestone is looking a great player, you have to remember that he's currently allowed a lot of time on the ball. That will change next Friday.

It's just a friendly a fitness building exercise yet listening to the interview, Gary said something i don't like to hear.  We dominated the game.  No we did not, we lost the game and it's okay that we lost the game, but that's what we did, we did not dominate anything

I think part of the probleam last night was we were being a bit to clever trying pass a ball that was not on. But also air conation about not picking up injuries but also jet lag but i think masion bennet played well again and tried make things happen he made some good run into the box. He took on players but were was his support.

I think david nugent was struggling a bit last night he trying

To hard last night to impress instead of dropping back a bit to recevise the ball so he can turn and run at northamption. I do think tom huddlestone improved it

In the 2nd half he opened up play a bit more opening one or two more caps. He nearly scored until chris martin got in the way of it. Trying to force the ball home.

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think part of the probleam last night was we were being a bit to clever trying pass a ball that was not on. But also air conation about not picking up injuries but also jet lag but i think masion bennet played well again and tried make things happen he made some good run into the box. He took on players but were was his support.

To hard last night to impress instead of dropping back a bit to recevise the ball so he can turn and run at northamption. I do think tom huddlestone improved it

In the 2nd half he opened up play a bit more opening one or two more caps. He nearly scored until chris martin got in the way of it. Trying to force the ball home.

Jet lag? Which way did they come back from Germany ?? 

25 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Jet lag!! They went to Germany not China.

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Having been in aviation for most of my career. I can honestly say you will not be jet lagged having flown approximately 1 hour into Europe for a couple of days.

The jet lag comes from being well out of your home time zone for a good period of time. Your body clock slowly adjusts to the new time zone.

For example if you are on the west coast of the USA which is -8 hours behind the UK. You would be eating your dinner at a time you would normally be in bed at home. Your body adjusts to this. You then fly home in less than a day and your body takes time to re-adjust.

So saying that they were jet lagged is preposterous.

Out of interest, you get less jet lagged by going one way than the other, I can't remember if it is West or East.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How do you they did not suffer from it

Because they would be probably the first human beings in existance to be jet lagged from a flight that is quicker than many peoples commute to work.

53 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

O heck! Poor B4, I knew the flood gates would open with the jet lag comment!!! This thread may get moved soon now!! :ph34r:

Archived