v Macclesfield Town Match Thread

Day

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only managed to catch the 2nd half. Carson hasn't had anything to do.

Few observations. Bennett and Weimann look the only ones capable of running with the ball.

Crosses have been generally disappointing.

Martin hasn't been great, but his presence allows us to play straight forward balls to feet. I've missed that!

Great strike from BJ. Woeful free-kick but made up for it. Surprised Martin didn't fancy a direct strike at goal from there. He's IMO our best free-kick taker.

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Nope,a very accurate statement.

Early days yet but Wisdom doesn't seem to have improved from last time he was here. Plays himself into a bit of trouble but, thanks to his strength, manages to dig himself out. I'm sure under Rowett he'll improve to become a great player. 

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

Bennet has been our best player and must surely start,well played lad!

Plenty of games between now and the start of the season. He's been great but lets not get over excited lol

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Only managed to catch the 2nd half. Carson hasn't had anything to do.

Few observations. Bennett and Weimann look the only ones capable of running with the ball.

Crosses have been generally disappointing.

Martin hasn't been great, but his presence allows us to play straight forward balls to feet. I've missed that!

Great strike from BJ. Woeful free-kick but made up for it. Surprised Martin didn't fancy a direct strike at goal from there. He's IMO our best free-kick taker.

It's a good job you did miss the first half!! The likes of Bryson, Hanson, Bent, Russell and Wisdom were poor. I was very disappointed particularly with Russell because he's got no excuses now that he is able to play in his favoured right mid role. Surpringly, Blackman was probably our best player in the first half alongside Davies.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Early days yet but Wisdom doesn't seem to have improved from last time he was here. Plays himself into a bit of trouble but, thanks to his strength, manages to dig himself out. I'm sure under Rowett he'll improve to become a great player. 

It was the Wisdom/Hanson partnership.

That's not the way forward.

Archived