v Macclesfield Town Match Thread

Day

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No mate 

I saw it happen mate with a friend of mine when that happened we went further up terraceing to get out of the way.

Must been 1500 derby fans today top class turn out.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, David said:

When I see stories like this I always find it hard to believe it was "just" that.

Please could you open the gate as I would like to get a drink and Barry here needs the toilet.

*Punch*

What was that for?....

Although there is no smoke without fire. Sometimes stewards can be a bit heavy handed and power freaks. I wasn't there today so I can't comment but I have been there when they have been in the wrong.

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

Although there is no smoke without fire. Sometimes stewards can be a bit heavy handed and power freaks. I wasn't there today so I can't comment but I have been there when they have been in the wrong.

I knew something kicked off because one bloke was giving it some in front of a copper. Couldn't see from where I was standing though.

There were about 200 of us came in through the social club entrance and had a drink and food with Macclesfield fans pre-game.  Most of us eventually filtered through to the Derby area but we would have all been counted as 'Macclesfield supporters' as there would have been no way for the guys taking the money off us to separate those fans. 

There were visibly less Macclesfield fans than claimed around the ground; the above explains why. 

18 hours ago, McLovin said:

I don't know why people only criticise Butterfield for his "lack of forward passing" whilst Bryson completely gets away with doing the same. In fact the stats from last season show that a higher % of Bryson's passes were backwards or sideways than Butterfield's.

Yeah, I've always said this. Passes the way he's facing. That's why he's only good when running onto the ball in attack. Running around a lot has saved him from getting the Butterfield treatment. Hes been like this for years

30 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, I've always said this. Passes the way he's facing. That's why he's only good when running onto the ball in attack. Running around a lot has saved him from getting the Butterfield treatment. Hes been like this for years

I posted the same in Bris' thread but as far as I'm concerned, we should either play Bryson in a midfield 3 where he can join with the attacks or not at all. For me, he's useless in a midfield 2. Or maybe our managers are seeing something that I'm not because Pearson, McClaren and Rowett have all played Bryson in a midfield 2. I find it baffling to be honest and I don't see what he offers there, maybe it's because as you said he runs around a lot which give them the false impression that he is good defensively.

3 hours ago, Waffle said:

Got to say it. I'm really impressed with Curtis Davies' character. 

Agreed. Brilliant interview during the half-time, nice story about the shirts and gloryhunting! It surely is refreshing to hear footballer like him.

Archived