v Macclesfield Town Match Thread

Day

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect on android tablet and chrome on my pc... shame about the game.

Davies, Nugent and Blackman doing pretty well, but maybe Blackman also making Forsyth's job a bit more difficult.

Looking at line ups/potential signings there's probably only Davies and Nugent, then Wisdom and Forsyth likely to be first choice anyway so not a real problem, the others would probably look better surrounded by better players/in a balanced formation.

Russell looking indifferent in preseason so far. We'll concede one second half with Hanson there.

Looking forward to watching TME.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Bright start but deteriorated as the half went on. Bryson and Butterfield do not play well together. Davies looks solid and Blackman bright. Russell struggling and Bent just disinterested. Nugent working hard but no support. 

Wisdom is a unit but over-committing at times leaving Hanson exposed. At least he was trying to get something going. 

Their players are pretty physical ( but fair) and we don't appear to like it! 

Fans causing trouble in away end (embarrassing .)

Looking forward to second half - bring on the Wardrobe. :)

Our fans being d*******s @angieram?

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Bright start but deteriorated as the half went on. Bryson and Butterfield do not play well together. Davies looks solid and Blackman bright. Russell struggling and Bent just disinterested. Nugent working hard but no support. 

Wisdom is a unit but over-committing at times leaving Hanson exposed. At least he was trying to get something going. 

Their players are pretty physical ( but fair) and we don't appear to like it! 

Fans causing trouble in away end (embarrassing .)

Looking forward to second half - bring on the Wardrobe. :)

Butterfield's passing forward is consistently inaccurate. 

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Really? I'd say Nugent, Wisdom, Davies and Forsyth are almost certain to start. And Russell and Bryson have a decent chance too. That's half the team.

I'd say 5/6 could yes, i was more getting at the fact that we'd have a much stronger 11 than what we put out. 

I don't know why people only criticise Butterfield for his "lack of forward passing" whilst Bryson completely gets away with doing the same. In fact the stats from last season show that a higher % of Bryson's passes were backwards or sideways than Butterfield's.

This group of attackers are far superior to the first half's imo 

Mason Bennett has come on leaps and bounds in recent months.

Weimann looking really sharp again.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don't know why people only criticise Butterfield for his "lack of forward passing" whilst Bryson completely gets away with doing the same. In fact the stats from last season show that a higher % of Bryson's passes were backwards or sideways than Butterfield's.

Bryson and Butterfield have different jobs in the team.  You want Bryson breaking beyond the forwards. If he's doing that, he's not going to be making forward passes, and if he's not making forward runs, the manager's doing it wrong.  Butterfield sits much deeper, so forward passes should be a much bigger part of his game.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

Bryson and Butterfield have different jobs in the team.  You want Bryson breaking beyond the forwards. If he's doing that, he's not going to be making forward passes, and if he's not making forward runs, the manager's doing it wrong.  Butterfield sits much deeper, so forward passes should be a much bigger part of his game.

Bryson hardly ever breaks into the box anymore, I watched it all season long last season. All he did last season was to stand right next to the centre back, retrieve the ball and then knock it sideways.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This group of attackers are far superior to the first half's imo 

Mason Bennett has come on leaps and bounds in recent months.

Weimann looking really sharp again.

Indeed. He's 21 today. Looks very mobile and sharp.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Bryson hardly ever breaks into the box anymore, I watched it all season long last season. All he did last season was to stand right next to the centre back, retrieve the ball and then knock it sideways.

Apart from when played in his proper position when he smashed it in against Leicester in the cup and against Ipswich away when he smashed it in ...?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Hence "the manager doing it wrong" - it was clearly a tactical decision from the Pearson and Rowett, not anything of Bsyon's choosing. When he came back into the team under McClaren he was back to his old self (the goal against Leicester being the obvious example).

Archived