v Macclesfield Town Match Thread

Day

Impressed with Elsnick, looked very calm in possession and read the game well.

Thought the first half team were playing in porridge. Much better pace and fluidity in the second half. When I saw that tall centre half come on I said I bet Chrissy wardrobes him, and he did, but ignored by the ref, lol. Lovely goal by Mason, well taken. Mason had another good game and was probably MoM.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

See above. I'd probably start a team like this against Sunderland

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies  Forsyth

Huddlestone  Johnson

New signing   Nugent    Weimann

Martin

I'm not a fan of Olsson but he's played better than Forsyth so far in pre season.Forsyth will need time to get back to his best. His passing looks crisp but to me, he looks a bit hesitant to use his athleticism.    

Honestly, Olsson doesn't fill me with confidence and playing first team will only make Fozzy get better and better.

Like the look of that team though ?

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That's certainly not the team I'd start against Sunderland but the players who have performed the best so far in pre season.

Pre season means nothing in terms of performance it's all about getting fit 

mason could have 5 man of the matches and he will be lucky to make the bench at Sunderland 

5 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Pre season means nothing in terms of performance it's all about getting fit 

mason could have 5 man of the matches and he will be lucky to make the bench at Sunderland 

You may well be correct about Bennett but I hope we can find room for at least 2 of our academy lads on the bench each week

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

We look miles better than we did pre season last year.

I'm starting to get excited,give me George Thorne,Keogh,Huddlestone and our promised world beating Ince replacement and it's looking very nice,thank you very much Mr Rowett.

Very true, about pre season last year, we opened the season with Blackman and bent up front this year I expect Martin and Nugent to start 

That second half was more like it. Much more intent and better quick passing throughout. Baird, Elsnik, Martin and Bennett were key in that. Bennett, Elsnik and Johnson for getting a foot on the ball and breaking up Macclesfield's play. 

Hanson played better in the second half too with the calm Baird on his right. 

Weimann is a willing runner but doesn't always make best use of the space he gets. Anya some good dribbles and both he and Bennett getting in behind the defence much more easily than the first half. I'm sure Macclesfield's constant stream of substitutions helped too.

What a prat that player was that took on Bradley! Was he sent off or did he just throw in towel (and his shirt?)

Cracking shot from Bradley to make up for his poor free kick but was more pleased that Bennett scored. A well-deserved goal to top off his MOTM performance on his 21st birthday! Magic!

He came over to hug his family at the end of the game and he was literally dripping wet with the effort he had put in. That's how I want all my Derby players to finish the game. Leaving it all out there on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Very true, about pre season last year, we opened the season with Blackman and bent up front this year I expect Martin and Nugent to start 

Yep,Martin and Nuge then so far take your pick from Bennet,Blackman,Weizmann maybe Anya,very tidy going forward.

Bloody hell we've missed Wardrobe bringing the other attackers into play.

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

Yep,Martin and Nuge then so far take your pick from Bennet,Blackman,Weizmann maybe Anya,very tidy going forward.

Bloody hell we've missed Wardrobe bringing the other attackers into play.

You've got it absolutely spot on, with Bent up front we just completely lost that link between the forward line and the rest of the midfield. Glad he's back

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

What a prat that player was that took on Bradley! Was he sent off or did he just throw in towel (and his shirt?)

Commo said the ref suggested they take him off, so he was subbed, fair enough as it was a bit of something and nothing it seemed.

Another good workout and hopefully all players finished injury free. I'm not going to be overly critical but would just say that I think Nugent and the attacking midfielders would be happier playing with Martin in the side rather than Bent and that Bennet could be a big player this season if he carries on working hard. 

Archived