Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

wum

acronym meaning Wind-Up Merchant. 

It refers to someone who posts on message boards and newsgroups with the intention to cause as much disruption as possible by goading others.

He's a WUM, just ignore his posts.

#troll#flamer#wind-up merchant#flame bait#beerweed

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

Fair enough but i think it is him who will always be remembered as a muppet who sold Will Hughes for £4,500,000.

If you believe that, I have a very nice bridge you may be interested in buying. ;)

9 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

wum

acronym meaning Wind-Up Merchant. 

It refers to someone who posts on message boards and newsgroups with the intention to cause as much disruption as possible by goading others.

He's a WUM, just ignore his posts.

#troll#flamer#wind-up merchant#flame bait#beerweed

A bit harsh. I am just not hiding from the fact we sold our best player for fockin peanuts and going to overspend on some other teams guy. Again.

1 hour ago, MovableRam said:

Tell this to Mr. Rowett who sold Will Hughes to the bloated premier  league club for £4,500,000 (with 3(!!!) years remaining on his contract). 

Like how you picked the lowest possible figure quoted. Yet highest quoted for a player were interested in. Move on.

13 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

A bit harsh. I am just not hiding from the fact we sold our best player for fockin peanuts and going to overspend on some other teams guy. Again.

I have said it before. As an 18 year old and playing the way he did, everyone took Will to their hearts and probably built him up higher than his actual status. Yes he was good. Unfortunately since his injury he has not hit the form he had.

Is it that he is scared of further injury? Is it that he has reached his peek? Or is it that he was in amongst an average team and couldn't be bothered?

I don't really know, but I do know that given his elevated status around Derby and the fans that Rowett will not have made the decision to sell him lightly.

Maybe just Maybe Will wanted a move and it will do him the world of good.

Good luck to the lad now let's look to the FUTURE 

17 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

Best player hahahahahahaha. Hughes was no where near our best player. Think you need to reevaluate how football works. 

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Best player hahahahahahaha. Hughes was no where near our best player. Think you need to reevaluate how football works. 

I also never believed Hughes was our best player, yes he shows flashes of inspiration, but honestly he just doesn't contribute enough.

Why some Derby fans elevate him to some cult like status amazes me, please don't assume I didn't like him as a player for the Rams.

He was neat and tidy, linked play well, but wasn't great in the tackle, was not good at assists and even worse goal scoring record, so who was plain daft to think he was worth 10 million +

16 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I know this is all to do with my age, but there was a time when I knew everything about anyone linked with any British club - the position they played, where they came from, how good they were and how much they were worth.

In this list I only know of players 8 and 9 and have no idea how good they actually are. I do know that both will sell for obscene amounts of money.

The world moves on.......

In my world, Mike Pejic plays for Stoke, Steve Highway looks like a traffic cop who plays for Liverpool, and Keith Weller is a decent winger who plays for Leicester, and for some bizarre reason, wears "tights" when it's a tad frosty. If I need to know anything about any other players, I will consult the cards from my bubble gum collection. I've not heard of any of those players, apart from Lawrence, due to our link with him....football is just not the same anymore. The most difficult name to pronounce in my world is Colin Viljoen who is a South African plying his trade at Ipswich. :mellow:  

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

In my world, Mike Pejic plays for Stoke, Steve Highway looks like a traffic cop who plays for Liverpool, and Keith Weller is a decent winger who plays for Leicester, and for some bizarre reason, wears "tights" when it's a tad frosty. If I need to know anything about any other players, I will consult the cards from my bubble gum collection. I've not heard of any of those players, apart from Lawrence, due to our link with him....football is just not the same anymore. The most difficult name to pronounce in my world is Colin Viljoen who is a South African plying his trade at Ipswich. :mellow:  

Loved it when we played Stoke and chanted 'half-nose' at Pejic.

28 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

To put a bit of perspective on this seasons transfer dealings thus far......if someone/anyone told me that we would basically swap Will Hughes for Tom Huddleston and around six million pounds in our favour I'd have said they were the muppets.

And I stand firm in the opinion that big Tim is a far better player currently than Will Hughes.

Our incomings have been of a really good standard thus far.

And we have no where near overpaid.

1 hour ago, MovableRam said:

Should some piss poor newspaper called DET know it was £8m or £10m not £5m rising to £9m? I thought they are writing about Derby County?

whats your problem , whether it was 4, 8 or 10 million Hughes wanted to go , GR got him his wish , God i wish some Rams fans would get over it

32 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

Not fact!!! Haven't you learnt from the Chris Martin thread?

29 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Possibly one of the strangest reactions to an opinion I've seen on the forum this year.

49 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

Do you have a source which factually states what the transfer fee was? I also thought it was low but upon reading in to it further that doesn't seem to be the case.

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

jt5e82.jpg

Just for you eddie. :mellow:

I was on the Popside  Derby were playing Stoke ,Pejic was taking a throw in and some wag [different meaning the those days] shouts out take that f ing mask off Pejic you're scaring my kids.

Archived