Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

18 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

Tell this to Mr. Rowett who sold Will Hughes to the bloated premier  league club for £4,500,000 (with 3(!!!) years remaining on his contract). 

£10m* not £4.5m. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

Tell this to Mr. Rowett who sold Will Hughes to the bloated premier  league club for £4,500,000 (with 3(!!!) years remaining on his contract). 

That fee is too low I think almost everyone agrees on that. I will however defend Rowett on balance so far in this window as he has managed to bring in Davies, Huddlestone and Wisdom for a combined total of about £6.5 million. If we get a good replacement for Ince I would say on balance this window has been a good one.

20 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

And i think Mr Rowett would tell you, as a Derby fan you should know it was 8 mill not 4!!

22 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

or the premier club exercised the option in the contract 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I get the impression it will only ever bee that high if all add on milestones are hit (no guarantee) and we get a decent sell on fee in the future?

John Percy & Owen Bradley both stated that it is £8m initially rising to £10m.

Even Sky Sports now say £8m on their list of transfers on SSNHQ, and they were the only feckers who were claiming it was £4.5m in the first place!

15 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Foxes bringing Iheanacho in then let Lawrence to us?

Leicester signing Iheanacho today? If so then I think it won't be too long for Lawrence to join mighty Rams then.

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

And i think Mr Rowett would tell you, as a Derby fan you should know it was 8 mill not 4!!

Should some piss poor newspaper called DET know it was £8m or £10m not £5m rising to £9m? I thought they are writing about Derby County?

5 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

John Percy & Owen Bradley both stated that it is £8m initially rising to £10m.

Even Sky Sports now say £8m on their list of transfers on SSNHQ, and they were the only feckers who were claiming it was £4.5m in the first place!

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of that! I had a feeling we would lose one or both this summer anyway, it's just the way it goes. Given some of the daft money being spent in this division we have got really good value for money on incoming players. We just need to replace Ince and anything beyond that is a bonus.

2 minutes ago, MovableRam said:

Should some piss poor newspaper called DET know it was £8m or £10m not £5m rising to £9m? I thought they are writing about Derby County?

I think it has been well established for a good while now that the DET is in fact a piss poor paper that mostly regurgitates rubbish it finds on social media. It is fairly evident they have no unique sources in the club and go off the likes of the BBC and Sky to fill their paper.

I'd say spending 25% of the money we've received for Ince and Hughes on Wisdom, Huddlestone and Davies is good enough business to make a fee for Lawrence up to £8m pretty palatable. 

Archived