Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

That's a bit harsh on Camara, what's he ever done to you, except play for DCFC

It isn't personal just judging what he has done when he has played for Derby. Which is very little.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How about excenlt free kick against wba and lecester city and nick blackman should have gone before him.

The one against Leicester took a massive deflection. Blackman is a much better footballer than Camara will ever be and I'm not the biggest Blackman fan.

I can't believe anyone is bemoaning the loss of Camara. He was a bit of a fan favourite because he was something that's quite rare at Derby - a foreign signing who had an aura of mystery about him when he arrived. No-one in the club knew how good he really was and then he had a number of niggly injuries on top of that. Later in the season he was given a fair chance and that's when we discovered that, yep, he was one of Derby's worst players in recent memory.

We should have seen it coming really. His highlights reel contained one good goal and one of the 'highlights' was of him tripping over and some awful Ligue 1 defender flailing around like he'd just performed a rainbow flick.

Blackman actually flatters to deceive as an actual footballer when you watch him, that said WBA fans said Camara looked decent after our cup game so it shows how easily you can be fooled. Blackman looks like he has it all until you see his shooting or final decision making, all build up but no finish. Like turning up at a swingers party but your big dick doesn't work.

32 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How about excenlt free kick against wba and lecester city and nick blackman should have gone before him.

The excellent free kick against WBA that was taken by Ince you mean?

Or the one against Leicester that was deflected in?

That added another 50p to his value, which made him worth about 49p.

3 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Just asked an Ipswich mate of mine and he rated Lawrence, he said that without him they would've been fighting relegation.

He's got to be an improvement on Camara!

Obviously he is getting glowing reports but it could just be a case of standing out in an a poor team. 

I would have said the same thing about Jamie Ward in a couple of our seasons under NC to be fair.

14 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

That lad can play.

Absolutely, I live up here (in laws are ST holders) and they absolutely raved about him.  The sort of player that, whilst 10m looks steep, could easily go for 15-20m in a couple of years. 

Archived