Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I hope you're right because some people are now putting a £6m or £7m price tag on his head based on that highlights reel. 

It's almost as if the Abdoul Camara signing never happened.

Obviously you can't base an opinion on a player solely on a highlights video. Having said that what shown in that video was produced in 34 games at the level we currently play at. Could any of the players in our team have a highlights video as good as that from last season alone? Perhaps Ince (who we want him to replace) but certainly nobody else would be close.

Camara had a similar video built up from appearances across a number of seasons and some of which were in a lower league, and even then a lot of the highlights on that video were dribbles with no end product at the end, so I wouldn't compare the 2.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I hope you're right because some people are now putting a £6m or £7m price tag on his head based on that highlights reel. 

It's almost as if the Abdoul Camara signing never happened.

I don't think Leicester will be looking at "some people's" valuations! If we can get a Premiership player who's 23,quick and scores goals at our level for £7m I'll be more than happy.We have to pay the going rate and the good news for him would be that he doesn't even have to move house!?

1 minute ago, rcarso1 said:

I don't think Leicester will be looking at "some people's" valuations! If we can get a Premiership player who's 23,quick and scores goals at our level for £7m I'll be more than happy.We have to pay the going rate and the good news for him would be that he doesn't even have to move house!?

Totally agree ??....I see you on the DET forums sometimes rcarso1 ( take it you're the same person ) out of interest do you know if  beaufort come on these boards ?

Hmmm I must admit GR saying that we might have to be patient because prem players are currently on tour so might have to wait until they get back....why???

surely a lot of business is conducted through agents and it didn't stop Christie being pulled from our tour ....I'm not criticising by the way ...just bit confused with that statement ...I take it he means Lawrence when he's referring to prem players being on tour 

45 minutes ago, Saity said:

Totally agree ??....I see you on the DET forums sometimes rcarso1 ( take it you're the same person ) out of interest do you know if  beaufort come on these boards ?

I am that person !! If he/she does it'll be under another name methinks!

52 minutes ago, Saity said:

6 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I am that person !! If he/she does it'll be under another name methinks!

I am rcarso1 !

:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The same source that said we'd signed Jota? :lol:

He also mentioned Liam Palmer £1m bid in summer transfer suggestion thread. ?

16 minutes ago, JG400 said:

I am rcarso1 !

:ph34r:

lol yes I kinda knew that ...my question was does Beaufort ( who's on the DET boards come on here ? I thought you might've known him as I think maybe a lot know each other on here but I'm a Londoner so am a long distance supporter and don't know many from Derby area 

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

lol yes I kinda knew that ...my question was does Beaufort ( who's on the DET boards come on here ? I thought you might've known him as I think maybe a lot know each other on here but I'm a Londoner so am a long distance supporter and don't know many from Derby area 

Now I'm confused. Who is rcarso1?

6 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Now I'm confused. Who is rcarso1?

Haha look I go on the DET boards and have done for years an have been a member on here for a few years too but use the DET board but this forum is so much better..there is a character called Beaufort who ...lets just say ...is quite outspoken / opionated ...aren't we all ?? RCarso1 is someone I've seen on the DET and just wondered if he knew if Beaufort used this forum ...that's it really lol ...hope that's cleared it up !!! ?

Article in The Sun recently saying 'LEICESTER CITY’S forgotten man Tom Lawrence is a £7 million target for cash-rich Derby County boss Gary Rowett.' Yes, we have sold Ince / Hughes / Christie and got a decent return from it but is referring to Gary Rowett as 'cash-rich' going to increase the asking price for anyone we go in for? 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3981085/derby-tom-lawrence-for-7million-leicester/amp/

Spoken to a few neutrals this past week who all rate Lawrence higher than Ince. I've obviously seen a lot more of Ince so cant really judge but the fact they seem unanimous is interesting. 

Archived