Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

Deal may have not been done but the player will have to fly back to have a medical etc once fee been agreed etc. Relax.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The £6mil Jota fee would surprise me. I imagine there would be a very long queue of teams if he was available at that price.

But if we managed to get Jota and Lawrence for around £13mil then I think that'd be very good business.

Taking the prices from the more credible sources, we'd have this season received around £16-17 million for Hughes, Christie and Ince and paid £16 million for Wisdom, Davies, Jota and Lawrence. We'd be much stronger on paper in my opinion too.

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Deal may have not been done but the player will have to fly back to have a medical etc once fee been agreed etc. Relax.

To be fair though, we left Ince behind because a deal was close and he didn't officially sign for Huddersfield until two days after we left for Tenerife. If it was as close as Nixon suggests, why would they take him as he would surely be on his way back tomorrow anyway.

20 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The £6mil Jota fee would surprise me. I imagine there would be a very long queue of teams if he was available at that price.

But if we managed to get Jota and Lawrence for around £13mil then I think that'd be very good business.

Taking the prices from the more credible sources, we'd have this season received around £16-17 million for Hughes, Christie and Ince and paid £16 million for Wisdom, Davies, Jota and Lawrence. We'd be much stronger on paper in my opinion too.

See, I'd have thought the same but after Hughes and Ince appeared to only attract the interest of 1 team for what I believe is a very reasonable price for players of their calibre, £6 mil for a player who's in the last year of his contract might put teams off.

Same goes for Lawrence. He's into the last year of his contract, no way near being first choice in his position for Leicester, had a very good season but it's the first of his career and it's looking like he'll cost £7 million. We only got a small portion more than that for Ince who's not much older, had 2 years left on his deal, has performed consistently well for multiple seasons throughout his career and was the star player for us.

Just goes to show how poor our recruitment team have been in terms of fees we get for our players and fees we pay out for other team's players.

44 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Would show Nixon is wrong on this one. If a deals close surely you wouldn't have him on the plane.

Unless Rowett and the financial posse have flew in to Austria Albentosa-style with the parchment and ink ready to hand...

reece.JPG

17 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

See, I'd have thought the same but after Hughes and Ince appeared to only attract the interest of 1 team for what I believe is a very reasonable price for players of their calibre, £6 mil for a player who's in the last year of his contract might put teams off.

Same goes for Lawrence. He's into the last year of his contract, no way near being first choice in his position for Leicester, had a very good season but it's the first of his career and it's looking like he'll cost £7 million. We only got a small portion more than that for Ince who's not much older, had 2 years left on his deal, has performed consistently well for multiple seasons throughout his career and was the star player for us.

Just goes to show how poor our recruitment team have been in terms of fees we get for our players and fees we pay out for other team's players.

For me, the Jota fee is definitely reasonable despite having only a year left. We paid half that for Blackman with six months left and Jota is far and above a better, more proven player at this level. English clubs would only be able to take advantage of Jota's contract situation within a month of it expiring, foreign clubs can sign him on a pre-contract from the start of January. Therefore if an English club wants Jota, they'll have to buy him during this window. Jota is worth more than £6m in terms of quality, so I'm sure there would be a lot of teams interested still.

Lawrence at £7mil is overpriced in my opinion. In the same contract situation to Jota, I'm not sure how he can be valued higher. However if you told me we could get both for a combined fee of £13mil without telling me the individual fees, I'd definitely take that.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

For me, the Jota fee is definitely reasonable despite having only a year left. We paid half that for Blackman with six months left and Jota is far and above a better, more proven player at this level. English clubs would only be able to take advantage of Jota's contract situation within a month of it expiring, foreign clubs can sign him on a pre-contract from the start of January. Therefore if an English club wants Jota, they'll have to buy him during this window. Jota is worth more than £6m in terms of quality, so I'm sure there would be a lot of teams interested still.

Lawrence at £7mil is overpriced in my opinion. In the same contract situation to Jota, I'm not sure how he can be valued higher. However if you told me we could get both for a combined fee of £13mil without telling me the individual fees, I'd definitely take that.

Oh yeah I'd definitely take the both of them for £13 million combined. My worry is that we're going to get into a habit of letting our key players leave for what would probably be their market value, but then pay similar fees for players who have little left of their contracts and some of which aren't even first team for the selling club. Similar happened last season when we nearly lost Martin for around £7-8 million and then replaced him with an out of form striker who would struggle to make his team's bench for even more. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/08/odds-update-sunderland-41-newcastle-51-to-sign-tom-lawrence-cham/

Derby County are leading the race to sign the Leicester City man, according to the bookies, followed by Sunderlandand Newcastle United.

Popular bookmakers BETVICTOR have installed the Rams as the new favourites in the race to sign Foxes versatile attacker Tom Lawrence, ahead of north-east rivals Sunderland and Newcastle.

The 23-year-old was sensational whilst on loan in the Championship with Ipswich Town last season, chipping in with nine goals and nine assists in 34 outings for the Tractor Boys.

Lawrence's stock within the game has risen so much so that Leicester have slapped a £10 million price-tag on him, according to the Burton Mail.

And BETVICTOR believe that he could very well be plying his trade away from the King Power Stadium on a regular basis next term. They list Derby as 3/1 favourites for his signature, followed by the Black Cats at 4/1 and the Magpies at 5/1. 

The Foxes youngster showcased his incredible talent at Portman Road last season, whilst demonstrating his amazing versatility, operating in a variety of different roles including centre-forward, left wing, right wing, and pretty much every position in midfield.

Despite the price-tag of £10 million seeming fairly hefty on the face of it, in today's market, that amount actually represents fantastic value for someone with Lawrence's talent.

And whichever club eventually wins the race to sign him will have one heck of a player on their hands.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

3 years younger and potential competition driving the price up? Talking specifically value though, if Jonathan Kodjia is worth £15 million, if we were to get both Jota and Lawrence combined for around that price, I'd consider that good business

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

3 years younger and potential competition driving the price up? Talking specifically value though, if Jonathan Kodjia is worth £15 million, if we were to get both Jota and Lawrence combined for around that price, I'd consider that good business

But having sold ince and hughes for £15 million or less, it would be very poor business. 

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It's well worth watching the video on YouTube. He looks to have a bit of strength, so not as lightweight as first thought, and moves the ball very quickly. 

Talented lad. 

I hope you're right because some people are now putting a £6m or £7m price tag on his head based on that highlights reel. 

It's almost as if the Abdoul Camara signing never happened.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I hope you're right because some people are now putting a £6m or £7m price tag on his head based on that highlights reel. 

It's almost as if the Abdoul Camara signing never happened.

In fairness the Camara thing was a bit more ridiculous. That was basically one goal.

Archived