New kit revealed 7th July

15 minutes ago, treble said:

Yes, black shoulders including the bit which comes down a tad. Avon Tyres logo is in their company colours, so mainly black with an accent of red.

Keeper kit is very similar colour to Hull's keeper kit from last season.

So a solid white kit, with a slightly wider black band down the centre of the arms, presumably with the Umbro retro stripes?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

So a solid white kit, with a slightly wider black band down the centre of the arms, presumably with the Umbro retro stripes?

Exactly, the black line widens at the shoulder slightly; so it almost looks like an arrow (take a look at the PSV 17/18 Away shirt, where that's yellow we are black) . The Umbro Retro stripes are very subtle, as you'll have seen in the teaser clips put out already.

I wouldn't say it's particularly retro. Most of the Umbro kits this year look to be on the same template, so what I will say is there's nothing what I'd regard as 'Derby' about it. Keeper kit is same template as PSV Away template too although same colours as Hull's last year.

42 minutes ago, treble said:

Yes, black shoulders including the bit which comes down a tad. Avon Tyres logo is in their company colours, so mainly black with an accent of red.

Keeper kit is very similar colour to Hull's keeper kit from last season.

Sounds a little boring. 

So were does all this 'icons' stuff come into it if all we've got is one of the Umbro identikit kits? Bit disappointing if its a variation on the Hull kit, not a fan of the awkward shoulder design (I like the umbro tape, but the black shapes look wrong to me).  

12 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Is that a house or an arrow saying the Rams are going up?

The house is to remind the owners of utilita of how close they came to spending time in the "big house" when they got fined over half a million pounds last year for stopping their customers switching to other suppliers of gas and electricity.:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Where's the Umbro diamonds down the arm??? Bet it looks crap, Avon Tyres is tinpot

What if it isn't crap?

3 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Not sure if it's been said, but looking at the Utilitia picture, if that is the shirt then there looks to be no collar ?

Happy days ?

Yeah no collar. 

8 hours ago, treble said:

Exactly, the black line widens at the shoulder slightly; so it almost looks like an arrow (take a look at the PSV 17/18 Away shirt, where that's yellow we are black) . The Umbro Retro stripes are very subtle, as you'll have seen in the teaser clips put out already.

I wouldn't say it's particularly retro. Most of the Umbro kits this year look to be on the same template, so what I will say is there's nothing what I'd regard as 'Derby' about it. Keeper kit is same template as PSV Away template too although same colours as Hull's last year.

It's black and white........ = Derby ?

Archived