New kit revealed 7th July

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ok, nice enough, a bit of a boring training kit. Much preferred last year's, with a proper collar.

Perhaps instead of spending gazillions on making flashy videos of everything - do we really need "behind the scenes" which actually isn't behind the scenes at all - and pumping loads of emails counting down the days, they could have invested a bit more in creating something better.

But then I'm over 40 so wouldn't buy it anyway.

What I would buy is the £20 blue and yellow training top, which is lovely.

32 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

It's ok, nice enough, a bit of a boring training kit. Much preferred last year's, with a proper collar.

Perhaps instead of spending gazillions on making flashy videos of everything - do we really need "behind the scenes" which actually isn't behind the scenes at all - and pumping loads of emails counting down the days, they could have invested a bit more in creating something better.

But then I'm over 40 so wouldn't buy it anyway.

What I would buy is the £20 blue and yellow training top, which is lovely.

You make it sound like we're spaffing money everywhere. I can guarantee DCFC have their own marketing team which includes a social media manager, someone who creates the videos and graphics, and a CRM manager who looks after an automated emailing system. All that stuff you've pointed out is just a marketing team doing (part of) their job. We're talking a few thousand in annual salaries, were not exactly breaking the bank. 

The media team/strategy have come under some odd critisicm on here lately. I happen to think they're doing an excellent job. They've managed to adapt over the last few years in response to how (and what) content is consumed, and from over here it looks like a pretty modern and professional outfit. 

Much, much nicer than last year's kit. The sponsor makes a world of difference. It wasn't the red of JustEat it was just the way it jumped off the shirt, it was the main attention of the kit. I suppose if you're a sponsor, that's what you want. If you're a fan, you don't.

Nowhere near as nice as some of the designs on the forum. I'll never know how year upon year fans can design kits better than the expert designers who are probably paid a fair wedge.

TobyWanKenobi

Nice kit. Glad we've changed the sponsor. Not because I didn't like it, but because the dunderheads complaining about it were starting to do my head in.

Love the Umbro detail on the shorts. It's a classy kit.... Just Eat has gone.... for me the best Umbro kit yet.... will also look better with league badge on the sleeve. Looking forward to the away kit now.

21 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You make it sound like we're spaffing money everywhere. I can guarantee DCFC have their own marketing team which includes a social media manager, someone who creates the videos and graphics, and a CRM manager who looks after an automated emailing system. All that stuff you've pointed out is just a marketing team doing (part of) their job. We're talking a few thousand in annual salaries, were not exactly breaking the bank. 

The media team/strategy have come under some odd critisicm on here lately. I happen to think they're doing an excellent job. They've managed to adapt over the last few years in response to how (and what) content is consumed, and from over here it looks like a pretty modern and professional outfit. 

Mate,people would find something to moan about if God himself turned up,cured cancer and handed them a million quid in used notes plus an evenings free entertainment with the super model of their choice.

I think the sponsor does definitely look better; I've heard people complaining simply because of the presence of red on the shirt which is just stupid in my mind, I just think it looks cleaner with the new sponsor than it did with Just Eat because there's nowhere near as much attention drawn to the sponsor.

Probably my favourite kit that I've seen us have.

Not sure what I'm expecting from a new kit, but this is so very very dull. I thought we might get something a bit more bespoke, but its just a bog standard Umbro kit with an iron on logo.  Nothing really makes it ours or makes it unusual; we can't even boast a funky colour scheme. Hate round necks too. Dull, dull, dull.

Glad we have a decent sponsor again and haven't resorted to dodgy betting/finance website.  Just Eat was fine in that respect too.

Moot point in many ways as I rarely buy a new kit (not at those prices). Grumble grumble.

52 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yes, apologies, I was aware of all that and in hindsight it was a bit unnecessary. The point I was making, badly probably, is that they spent a lot of time building up to be something akin to the second coming when in reality it's a new shirt, and not a particularly interesting one at that. It wasn't the money I was having an insincere pop at, it was the hype. 

And just for the record, I think the media team do a great job. I should know, I work with them on stuff!

Was expecting something a little more unique given the drawn out promotion. Maybe a reference to one of the blasts from the past rather than the stock template.

Largely going down so well because we had such a hideous sponsor last year.

25 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I like it. To be fair the standard was so low from last year's effort, that a white potato sack with splashes of black would have been an improvement but this is genuinely a nice kit.

Hopefully get some diamonds on the sleeves next year.

There are diamonds on the sleeve this year..:huh:

11 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Yes, apologies, I was aware of all that and in hindsight it was a bit unnecessary. The point I was making, badly probably, is that they spent a lot of time building up to be something akin to the second coming when in reality it's a new shirt, and not a particularly interesting one at that. It wasn't the money I was having an insincere pop at, it was the hype. 

And just for the record, I think the media team do a great job. I should know, I work with them on stuff!

I see your point. There was a big buildup to something that's not particularly groundbreaking. Guess there's not a lot else to focus on during the break though. The sooner the football starts the better, eh!

Archived