33 ex-Derby players who are worse than Nick Blackman

cheron85

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tombo said:

This argument is always weird. He's not had a run in the team because he hasn't shown anything to lead us to believe he deserves one.

I might make a perfectly good CEO of the company I work for. How do you know I wouldn't be until I try it?

I mean jesus, the jury is still out on whether or not I'd make a good rocket scientist. I might have failed all my science GCSEs but who knows what I could do with a good run at it?

Life doesn't work like that. You don't just hand out random chances to people who haven't earned them.

The point is he hasn't had a chance

35 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

The point is he hasn't had a chance

He's made 21 appearances for us. That's 21 chances to make an impact in any way shape or form and he has produced literally nothing. I don't care wether it's 5 minutes at the end or playing from the start you've got to make an impact or you're not going to play in the next game. That's how it works.

15 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

He's made 21 appearances for us. That's 21 chances to make an impact in any way shape or form and he has produced literally nothing. I don't care wether it's 5 minutes at the end or playing from the start you've got to make an impact or you're not going to play in the next game. That's how it works.

We're stuck with this ordinary rubbish and are gonna lose Hughes.

PistoldPete2
7 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Taking this out of the Ince thread for @Doodle

GK - Chris Weale, Roy Carroll (for us), Kevin Poole (sorry Kev!), Lewis Price

RB - Ryan Shotton (or anywhere else he played), Francois Grenet, James O'Connor, Lewis Hunt

CB - Claude Davis, Bjorn Otto Bragstad, Pablo Mills, Mo Konjic, Valentin Gjokaj (swap him and Shotton if you like?), Con Blatsis

LB - Mo Camara, Michael Hoganson, Jay McEveley, Jamie Vincent

RM - Darren Currie, Gary Teale (there is some love for him though), Craig Fagan, Ryan Smith

CM - Jonathan Hunt, Bob Malcom, Paul Thirlwell, Blessing Kaku, Ben Pringle (for us), Benny Feilhaber, Adam Murray, Brian O'Neil

LM - Eddie Lewis, Michael McIndoe, Dave Martin

ST - Noel Whelan, Stern John, Mikkel Beck, Marvin Robinson, Callum Ball (sorry), Nick Chadwick - I think this list goes on for a while actually -  Chris Maguire, Luke Varney (for us), John Macken, Junior, Izale McLeod, Gianfranco Labarthe Tome, Manel, 

Anyone got any more to add?

I've got many to add, but just a few to subtract as well. Manel had a few moments I believe for us... Didn't we beat Preston 4-0. Junior was good. Izzy McLeod had his moments. Callum ball had some good games too. And Michael Mcindoe and Gary teale too. Can't believe Adam Murray is in your list. 

But... Razz a  camara was worse than Blackman by a long way. 

Going further back there are many players from the Tommy doc/ Addison/ Newman / Peter Taylor era who were far worse.

then there's conor Doyle... And Connor sammon. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I've got many to add, but just a few to subtract as well. Manel had a few moments I believe for us... Didn't we beat Preston 4-0. Junior was good. Izzy McLeod had his moments. Callum ball had some good games too. And Michael Mcindoe and Gary teale too. Can't believe Adam Murray is in your list. 

But... Razz a  camara was worse than Blackman by a long way. 

Going further back there are many players from the Tommy doc/ Addison/ Newman / Peter Taylor era who were far worse.

then there's conor Doyle... And Connor sammon. 

Manel was incredible in that Preston game if I remember correctly!

I would take Conor Sammon over Nick Blackman every day of the week. From what I have personally seen Sammon could offer this team far more than NB.

2 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I would take Conor Sammon over Nick Blackman every day of the week. From what I have personally seen Sammon could offer this team far more than NB.

Blackman's offered nothing. He's earnt no regard. He's taken plenty from us.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Blackman's offered nothing. 

That's how I see it in Derby shirt(my OPINION BY THE WAY) and I laughed at some Derby fans on here/social media that NB will score 20+ goals because he scored a penalty against Sheffield United last summer before the season started. 

Just to put little bit perspective to this one. I'm not sure about the figures, so statsaddos correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't Blackman score 11 goals for Reading before moving here? Eleven and it was only January? This season he would've been our second best goalscorer, just few behind Ince. Thing is, season usually doesn't end in January...

Use him correctly and he will deliver, I'm certain about it.

33 players worse than Blackman... This is just ********.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Just to put little bit perspective to this one. I'm not sure about the figures, so statsaddos correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't Blackman score 11 goals for Reading before moving here? Eleven and it was only January? This season he would've been our second best goalscorer, just few behind Ince. Thing is, season usually doesn't end in January...

That season for Reading was a blip on an extremely average career. We have seen nothing on the pitch to suggest a repeat is imminent or likely. Get rid!

6 hours ago, Dimmu said:

That's the thing, by the January we signed him he hadn't actually scored for 2 months, the dry spell was already well underway. Blackman has scored (using wiki) 45 goals in his entire 10 year career, he scored 25% (11) in the space 2-3 months before we signed him, the other 34 have taken more than 9 years amass! He is not a goal scorer he never has been and never will be, his career statistics show that.

So what exactly makes you think he's going to start regularly banging 10-15 goals now?!

19 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Taking this out of the Ince thread for @Doodle

GK - Chris Weale, Roy Carroll (for us), Kevin Poole (sorry Kev!), Lewis Price

RB - Ryan Shotton (or anywhere else he played), Francois Grenet, James O'Connor, Lewis Hunt

CB - Claude Davis, Bjorn Otto Bragstad, Pablo Mills, Mo Konjic, Valentin Gjokaj (swap him and Shotton if you like?), Con Blatsis

LB - Mo Camara, Michael Hoganson, Jay McEveley, Jamie Vincent

RM - Darren Currie, Gary Teale (there is some love for him though), Craig Fagan, Ryan Smith

CM - Jonathan Hunt, Bob Malcom, Paul Thirlwell, Blessing Kaku, Ben Pringle (for us), Benny Feilhaber, Adam Murray, Brian O'Neil

LM - Eddie Lewis, Michael McIndoe, Dave Martin

ST - Noel Whelan, Stern John, Mikkel Beck, Marvin Robinson, Callum Ball (sorry), Nick Chadwick - I think this list goes on for a while actually -  Chris Maguire, Luke Varney (for us), John Macken, Junior, Izale McLeod, Gianfranco Labarthe Tome, Manel, 

Anyone got any more to add?

Don't know what your judgement of Blackman is based on , but judging from Derby appearances Blackman has made a far worse contribution than many you list , both in terms of number of games played and how well they have performed e.g. Shotton ( makes mistakes but can also defend well ) , Gary Teale , Adam Murray .. 

Blackman has been useless in comparison and done nowt. After Camara, he should be first out.

15 hours ago, Tombo said:

This argument is always weird. He's not had a run in the team because he hasn't shown anything to lead us to believe he deserves one.

I might make a perfectly good CEO of the company I work for. How do you know I wouldn't be until I try it?

I mean jesus, the jury is still out on whether or not I'd make a good rocket scientist. I might have failed all my science GCSEs but who knows what I could do with a good run at it?

Life doesn't work like that. You don't just hand out random chances to people who haven't earned them.

Haven't a few managers come out and said how good he is in training?? 

14 hours ago, Gritters said:

Todd.

Andy not Colin. Colin was good/God. 

That diving header against Pompey in our first match of the dreaded prem season keeps him off the list for me... Majestic

27 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Haven't a few managers come out and said how good he is in training?? 

Says a lot that managers have to say that to try to boost his confidence. Ultimately, none of the managers he's worked for have thought he was good enough to give a run in the side to.

He needs to just find somewhere else at this stage. I'm sure he has something to contribute, somewhere, but it's not going to be here. Chalk it up as a bad one and move on ffs

Archived