33 ex-Derby players who are worse than Nick Blackman

cheron85

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

But did any of those players cost as much as Nick Blackman has in fees and wages??

Doesn't matter - The point was he's not that dreadful in the grand scheme of some of the players we've had over the last 10-15 years, never mind ever

And at least one on that list - Claude Davis - £3m - Premier League wages

24 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Doesn't matter - The point was he's not that dreadful in the grand scheme of some of the players we've had over the last 10-15 years, never mind ever

And at least one on that list - Claude Davis - £3m - Premier League wages

So change the thread title. 

1 player worse than Nick Blackman. 

He's one in 21, and he's a striker. Some defenders on your list have a better strike record than that. Especially if you're counting '(for us)'. In general, Blackman was alright for reading and is probably a perfectly respectable player. But for us he's been utter *****. 

Wages, fee and strike rate should all factor into this. Find strikers who cost more and scored less, or players who cost more and did their job worse, like Claude Davis.

So far you've found one. Just 32 to go.

Actually haven't really seen him play and he hasn't been given a chance so far for various reasons. So if you don't mind I will reserve my expertise and my review for when the lad gets a good run and a chance to prove himself (if he ever does) before I slate him

10 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Wages, fee and strike rate should all factor into this. Find strikers who cost more and scored less, or players who cost more and did their job worse, like Claude Davis

They don't

You want to make a different thread in which you make the rules and you can factor in whatever you want - Feel free - Don't complain about the specifications of a thread don't fit what you want it to... Like walking into McDonalds and complaining when they won't serve you a pizza...

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Actually haven't really seen him play and he hasn't been given a chance so far for various reasons. So if you don't mind I will reserve my expertise and my review for when the lad gets a good run and a chance to prove himself (if he ever does) before I slate him

This argument is always weird. He's not had a run in the team because he hasn't shown anything to lead us to believe he deserves one.

I might make a perfectly good CEO of the company I work for. How do you know I wouldn't be until I try it?

I mean jesus, the jury is still out on whether or not I'd make a good rocket scientist. I might have failed all my science GCSEs but who knows what I could do with a good run at it?

Life doesn't work like that. You don't just hand out random chances to people who haven't earned them.

3 hours ago, superzak said:

Yakka banovic Kenny Burns John Barton Bobby Campbell John Mcalle Calvin Plummer Ian Dalziel Mick brolly

Im not having Yakka Banovic on the list, now way.....he was amazing just for his name..!....and Mick Brolly wasn't that bad either.

The whole thread is nonsense... Nick Blackman is an expensive £3 million flop who has produced nothing and shown nothing since he has been here and exactly the type of player we should move on.. 

I am sure he is a lovely guy (and I mean no offence) but so is Gandhi and I wouldn't want to see him play for Derby either.. 

So, in conclusion there may be a billion players worse than NB but that doesn't mean he is good enough for Derby..

Archived