33 ex-Derby players who are worse than Nick Blackman

cheron85

Taking this out of the Ince thread for @Doodle

GK - Chris Weale, Roy Carroll (for us), Kevin Poole (sorry Kev!), Lewis Price

RB - Ryan Shotton (or anywhere else he played), Francois Grenet, James O'Connor, Lewis Hunt

CB - Claude Davis, Bjorn Otto Bragstad, Pablo Mills, Mo Konjic, Valentin Gjokaj (swap him and Shotton if you like?), Con Blatsis

LB - Mo Camara, Michael Hoganson, Jay McEveley, Jamie Vincent

RM - Darren Currie, Gary Teale (there is some love for him though), Craig Fagan, Ryan Smith

CM - Jonathan Hunt, Bob Malcom, Paul Thirlwell, Blessing Kaku, Ben Pringle (for us), Benny Feilhaber, Adam Murray, Brian O'Neil

LM - Eddie Lewis, Michael McIndoe, Dave Martin

ST - Noel Whelan, Stern John, Mikkel Beck, Marvin Robinson, Callum Ball (sorry), Nick Chadwick - I think this list goes on for a while actually -  Chris Maguire, Luke Varney (for us), John Macken, Junior, Izale McLeod, Gianfranco Labarthe Tome, Manel, 

Anyone got any more to add?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hucknall Ram said:

Where is Saul Deeney?

Was doing it off the top of my head - Really need to go back and check some actual squads

In general I would say that Blackman is better than 50% of the players we had under Jewell, Davies, Brown, Gregory and Todd... And even arguably a lot of the dross we had under Clough (and maybe even Burley?)

CB - Dave Walton

CM - Ruben Zadkovic

LM - Laurent Robert

Remove Tealinho from your list you cheeky sod. I'm also tempted to say remove Manel. At least he scored a few goals.

Edit - Can't believe you put Vincent on your list either. He was a perfectly adequate full back.

1 minute ago, Hucknall Ram said:

Tell you what @cheron85, this might be the most edited title in the forum's history if we keep adding names lol

Nah it's fine - the challenge was that I said I could name a starting line up, a backing line up AND a team for them to play against - Hence 3 teams of 11 :D

I just then went a bit OTT

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Darren Bent

No cookies for you

Just now, Anon said:

CB - Dave Walton

CM - Ruben Zadkovic

LM - Laurent Robert

Remove Tealinho from your list you cheeky sod. I'm also tempted to say remove Manel. At least he scored a few goals.

Zadkovic was the name I was reaching for and couldn't remember!

Teale I have much love for but he was bad - Like Bucko when he first came to us - Except Bucko then improved

Manel got 3 in 16 games... Hardly sensational...

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Manel got 3 in 16 games... Hardly sensational...

Blackman has 1 in 21.

Blackman cost several million, Manel cost nowt.

Blackman has played in a team challenging at the top end or at least in the top half of the division, Manel played for a relegation threatened team.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

Blackman has 1 in 21.

Blackman cost several million, Manel cost nowt.

Blackman has played in a team challenging at the top end or at least in the top half of the division, Manel played for a relegation threatened team.

Cost is not a factor - It's "are they worse"

IMO Manel fits in there

And they are very different players so it isn't a direct comparison

8 minutes ago, superzak said:

Yakka banovic Kenny Burns John Barton Bobby Campbell John Mcalle Calvin Plummer Ian Dalziel Mick brolly

I won't have Ian Dalziel on that list, scored a screamer vs Rotherham in 1982, it's a goal I've always remembered. 40 yards out and near the touchline. (I was 11, he was probably on the edge of the area)

Archived