Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You have no clue how long he had

It for and how it messes with your head mentle illness wise. 

Think you're overplaying it a bit as it wouldn't have affected his ability to put a decent ball into a box or positioning. If anything playing football would have been good for escapism speaking from experience. 

Horrible news to hear without a doubt and my thoughts are with him and his family but if he felt it was affecting him, he would have asked the boss if he could sit a few games out to regather his head mentally. 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Rowett on Wisdom which sounds like he will mainly play RB that will put Christie as 3rd choice

That means that Wisdom is gone in a year too. How to diss off your players. Rowett's beginning to sound like Pearson, unfortunately. Does being a Derby manager give you a Theresa May Hubris?

15 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

That means that Wisdom is gone in a year too. How to diss off your players. Rowett's beginning to sound like Pearson, unfortunately. Does being a Derby manager give you a Theresa May Hubris?

I think it's more likely that we're going to lose more bodies across the back division possibly three players from the RB & CB positions.  Something like;

Shackell to MLS

Pearce to Bristol

Christie to Reading

4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I think it's more likely that we're going to lose more bodies across the back division possibly three players from the RB & CB positions.  Something like;

Shackell to MLS

Pearce to Bristol

Christie to Reading

Maybe not too far off the mark. The combined fees from those 3 would struggle to reach £5m but there's some substantial salaries to be saved and re-invested to strengthen other positions.

8 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Maybe not too far off the mark. The combined fees from those 3 would struggle to reach £5m but there's some substantial salaries to be saved and re-invested to strengthen other positions.

I'd be gobsmacked if we got £3m for those three combined.

On 6/24/2017 at 02:34, Anag Ram said:

It's his decision making which lets him down.

He's a great athlete but it's no good running beautifully with the ball unless you know what you're going to do next.

I wish the lad well but he is one of those who comes under the category 'mentally weak'. 

We want defenders who snuff out danger and offensive players who run, pass and shoot instinctively.

Better to be quick of mind than fleet of foot (unless you're being chased by a rhino).

Weak of mind? Only an athlete? He's great with the ball at his feet. Is he the finished article? No, but who is in this division? 

Actually, don't agree with any of this but the rhino thing was very entertaining. 

I guess I'm probably one of the few that would like to see him stay but I suppose if Wisdom is to play RB, then Cyrus would struggle to get regular football. I guess this means Baird's services will be still be required and after a good last season for us, that's probably fair enough.

It's a shame to see the squad being broken up but it's the nature of things and we needed to ring the changes. Still trying to get my head round the £8 mill fee for Highes though :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Interesting and probably a silly low offer, now if we are serious about promotion we should not be selling international players to our direct competitors in the league unless it is for a ridiculous high amount that we can use constructively even if Christie is in the last year of his contract- pay proper money Middlesbrough! 

Bet the offer was sub £500k as well. Baird will cover that position along with Anya. Christie has been poor, a shadow of what he was bombing down that wing with an overlap.... maybe got sussed out and no plan B for Cyrus.... the Derby Way ?

Just now, Redcar said:

Bet the offer was sub £500k as well. Baird will cover that position along with Anya. Christie has been poor, a shadow of what he was bombing down that wing with an overlap.... maybe got sussed out and no plan B for Cyrus.... the Derby Way ?

Lots of other teams fans seem to rate Christie and maybe what they need, 

On 21/06/2017 at 11:55, cheron85 said:

Worth noting for our Christie detractors that he's being linked with two probable promotion contenders and a new Premier League side...

This is not a player leaving because he's not good enough for a team of our ambitions

How much game time does anyone think Cyrus will get next season? He wasn't getting a game in front of Baird so he may well be 3rd choice....we need to cut our numbers so this makes perfect sense to me....for some reason Christie has not pushed on and it makes sense all round to move on for both player and club....I agree the fee needs to be right and if gets into an auction we can push the price up...but if like Hughes and Ince only one club shows genuine interest then the price will reflect that ....I wish him well if he goes and think he's one that might come good at another club which is why I'd prefer him to go to a prem team ....

1 hour ago, Saity said:

How much game time does anyone think Cyrus will get next season? He wasn't getting a game in front of Baird so he may well be 3rd choice....we need to cut our numbers so this makes perfect sense to me....for some reason Christie has not pushed on and it makes sense all round to move on for both player and club....I agree the fee needs to be right and if gets into an auction we can push the price up...but if like Hughes and Ince only one club shows genuine interest then the price will reflect that ....I wish him well if he goes and think he's one that might come good at another club which is why I'd prefer him to go to a prem team ....

Oh, I don't pretend he's going to get a start ahead of Wisdom

However he is also far from being a bad player - As evidenced by the clubs he's been linked with

Archived