Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

15 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Plus I truly believe we have a far better defender ready to fill that right back berth.

Wisdom is a great signing and if he can get on the over lap every now and then like Forsyth he he could be one of great full backs such as  Phil Neal or Kenny Sansom.

What the...?

I can only assume you didn't see him play last time.

His cross against Barnsley was pretty much his only attacking contribution of the season. He's a defensive brute, an old fashioned player. Nothing wrong with that, but don't expect regular overlaps if indeed he does play wide.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Well its 2.5million for a player who never really had a run of consistently good performances.

Would do something excellent and within a minute get caught out by poor play.

If he does find long term good form he'll be an asset to whichever team he plays for.

So think its safe to say that most fans are happy with this piece of business.

Plus I truly believe we have a far better defender ready to fill that right back berth.

Wisdom is a great signing and if he can get on the over lap every now and then like Forsyth he he could be one of great full backs such as  Phil Neal or Kenny Sansom.

Good luck to Cyrus Christie and thank you for your not inconsiderable efforts.

Derby county forever.

Phil Neil, well that would be nice and rather over optimistic but boy could we do with a full back who can smash in all the penalties we are given just like Phil Neil

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

In my view (which people can feel free to disregard!) we can't be assuming that the sell on fee and 'potential' add on fees are going to amount to much. They might, but at this point in time we can only really account for what is going in the kitty. Based on the figures above best case scenario we will have £21.8 million.

We have already spent £2 million on Wisdom with another £2 million in likely add on's and 500k on Davies. So assuming we are spending all funds raised on new signings (which I reckon is unlikely) we have £17.3 million to spend. Should be plenty to replace Ince :)

You can't ignore one and count the other ;)

Regardless, we do now have a decent war chest for Gaz to play with.

Thanks Cyrus for the everything you've done for DCFC and all the best of luck at Boro. Go and do your thing. I bet he'll score the screamer front of South Stand. 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Thanks Cyrus for the everything you've done for DCFC and all the best of luck at Boro. Go and do your thing. I bet he'll score the screamer front of South Stand. 

I kind of hope he does then shoves his middle finger up to some, he's given a lot good luck to him, some fans on twitter rinsing him for no reason, bet he's glad he's leaving Derby 

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

I kind of hope he does then shoves his middle finger up to some, he's given a lot good luck to him, some fans on twitter rinsing him for no reason, bet he's glad he's leaving Derby 

As sad as it is there's probably idiot fans at every club. Why people feel the need to go on social media sites and especially players Twitter accounts etc berating them is beyond me.

I think we would be pleased to sign a full back with those stats and a full international for an average international team who is very quick generally available and still young but very experienced and for less than £5 million 

Archived