Worst ever Derby County XI - Suggestions?

RamsPolls

44 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I remember we had Duke but had completely forgotten the linkages. 

I commend you sir, on the depth of your knowledge and recall. :thumbsup:

Remembered most parts but had double check on a couple of things, didn't think Duke made the bench at all.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Patrick Foletti ought to be considered for worst goalie, if we had won that game against Everton we would have had a good chance of staying up that season.

I remember we was pressing them all game, (which might have been Moyes first one in charge) but every time they had an attack they went and scored, think we was behind most of the game despite having most of the possession and two worldie goals from Strupar and a cracking goal from Morris. Think the win took them above us and we went down the drain from looking like we might stay up...

So for that reason he's my worst goalie for the Rams

1. Patrick Foletti.

My Derby Country Worst Ever 11 suggestion would be:

Claude Davis

Claude Davis           Claude Davis             Claude Davis         Claude Davis

Claude Davis             Claude Davis         Claude Davis

I can't really see how anything could be worse than that.

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Claude Davis

Claude Davis           Claude Davis             Claude Davis         Claude Davis

Eddie 'Fu***n' Lewis at left back???

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Claude Davis

That image is going to give me nightmares.

Tom Naylor for right back surely. I've never seen one player cause an entire team to collapse when they were 4-1 up, then Mr Naylor arrived on the scene. 

Disclaimer: not to say he's a bad footballer now, he's pretty decent in the right position

Claude Davis will always be forgiven because of that backpass to Shefki Kuqi.. everyone next to me was laughing that much we missed his swan dive ? you couldn't write it! Worth every penny of 3 million quid for that 

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 14:25, Scooter said:

I think Patrick Foletti ought to be considered for worst goalie, if we had won that game against Everton we would have had a good chance of staying up that season.

I remember we was pressing them all game, (which might have been Moyes first one in charge) but every time they had an attack they went and scored, think we was behind most of the game despite having most of the possession and two worldie goals from Strupar and a cracking goal from Morris. Think the win took them above us and we went down the drain from looking like we might stay up...

So for that reason he's my worst goalie for the Rams

1. Patrick Foletti.

You obviously didn't see George Hunter play.....

23 hours ago, 86 points said:

Claude Davis

Mick Coop          Claude Davis             Claude Davis         Claude Davis

FTFY

PistoldPete2

Dave Mackellar in goal, mick coop right back Roy greenwood on the wing. Clod in defence. Barry Powell. Eddie Lewis. Con blatsis. Some were so bad I've forgotten, but some you sadly can't forget.. Clod Davis will forever be part of the hall of shame. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Dave Mackellar in goal, mick coop right back Roy greenwood on the wing. Clod in defence. Barry Powell. Eddie Lewis. Con blatsis. Some were so bad I've forgotten, but some you sadly can't forget.. Clod Davis will forever be part of the hall of shame. 

can't have Dave without Vic Moreland in midfield. Thanks Tommy Doc!

Mikkel Beck would start up front. Mick Brolly, Mick Coop, Conor Doyle, Nick Pickering, Mark Pembridge, David Holdsworth, Blatsis, Greenwood, Camara, Liam Dickinson. Dave McKellar or Steve Cherry in goal. 

I reckon we'd finish 92nd with this lot. 

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Mikkel Beck would start up front. Mick Brolly, Mick Coop, Conor Doyle, Nick Pickering, Mark Pembridge, David Holdsworth, Blatsis, Greenwood, Camara, Liam Dickinson. Dave McKellar or Steve Cherry in goal. 

I reckon we'd finish 92nd with this lot. 

Pickering, Pembridge and Cherry may not have been world class, but in an all-time worst XI? Really?

On 17/06/2017 at 10:58, PistoldPete2 said:

I love the fact that when the guys who really know their history and older players get involved, and with over 100 years of players to choose from, old 50p head always comes top of the list. 

I was never around to see Steve Bloomer, wasn't even around to see Clough's teams. But at least I was around to the worst player in our history. 

Archived