Worst ever Derby County XI - Suggestions?

RamsPolls

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

A left midfielder that tactical genius Jewell thought would be good at left back for some reason. 

Wasn't it his old mate King Bill-eh who played him at left back???

Just typing that sentence made my head hurt, and my heart sink...

On 2017-6-16 at 00:00, 86 points said:

My Derby Country Worst Ever 11 suggestion would be:

Claude Davis

Claude Davis           Claude Davis             Claude Davis         Claude Davis

Claude Davis             Claude Davis         Claude Davis

Claude Davis             Claude Davis         Claude Davis

I can't really see how anything could be worse than that.

And cost £33 million

From my own personal experience:

Brad Jones

Andy Griffin,   Claude Davis,         Raul Albentosa,      Eddie Lewis

Conor Doyle,           Paul Thirlwell,       Bob Malcolm,           Laurent Robert

Stern John,                   Kwame Thomas

Now, that's a team! Griffin and Lewis offered nothing going forward, nor could they defend at all. Claude and Raul would run in circles, playing the ball 80 yards up in the air with no intention of hitting a player. Conor Doyle was extraordinarily bad, especially when played out on the wide right (thanks, Clough). Laurent Robert's legs had gone well before we tried to offer him a second life line. Thirlwell and Malcolm both offered a sideways path, both equally struggled with that. I have to give Malcolm his dues, mind, he did play well in one game. Stern John was a podgy little thing, cumbersome and clumsy in equal balance. Thomas, although it's not nice to pick on younger players, was outstandingly bad. He didn't have a first touch, he was clumsy and never seemed to hit a ball plush, always a scuff shot. Brad Jones, now we know he was going through some tough times, I'd like to give him a break, but he was woeful for us. No hard feelings. 

On 6/19/2017 at 09:56, RamsPolls said:

Here's the final result for anyone who's interested. 

I don't know how Sterjovski can even be considered. He was okay, which in our team meant superstar, in the Premier League. He did seem to lose interest after that. I don't know how he can be considered worst that Conor Doyle, for example. 

Also, two of those never even played - Dickinson & Weale. Pereplotkins also had a blinder in one of his very few appearances, against some team in the cup. I think it was his debut. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I don't know how Sterjovski can even be considered. He was okay, which in our team meant superstar, in the Premier League. He did seem to lose interest after that. I don't know how he can be considered worst that Conor Doyle, for example. 

Also, two of those never even played - Dickinson & Weale. Pereplotkins also had a blinder in one of his very few appearances, against some team in the cup. I think it was his debut. 

Pereplotkins' good game was in our friendly when he was on trial.

Archived