Worst ever Derby County XI - Suggestions?

RamsPolls

As the tweet says. Doing a set of polls to decide the worst ever players to grace the home of the mighty rams. 

Either tweet me or post in here suggestions for all the positions. Will start doing it later on tonight. 

Change of plan... Richard on twitter has already started it... 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems a bit of an odd poll. Weale didn't ever turn out for the first team did he? Deeny I only remember seeing play briefly against reading as a cut price replacement for bywater. Jones was a loan and I never saw Ian feuer at all.

None of them "bad" in the sense of wasting huge sums of money or falling below what we're very low expectations.

I thought Roy Carroll was worse- had played at a really high level but looked washed up,  disinterested and pretty useless for us.

Playing behind THAT defence wouldn't have helped tho.....

The 4 goalkeepers mentioned only ever made 12 appearances between them.

Don't remember Feuer being bad.

Brad Jones was awful.

Deeney only made 3 appearances, although was sent off in 1.

Weale never made an appearance, how could he possibly be rated as our worst goalkeeper ever?

Could Roy Carroll be a candidate? Excellent shot stopper in the 6 yard box but consistently beaten from distance, the day Petrov lobbed him from the half way line was an all time low.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Brad Jones was awful.

Weale never made an appearance, how could he possibly be rated as our worst goalkeeper ever?

Saw Jones v leeds. Wasn't brilliant but didn't think he was awful. 

And wasn't he going through some tough stuff with one of his kids when he was with us that affected him mentally? 

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Brad Jones was awful.

I never saw Brad Jones make a save he was so awful it was unbelievable!

17 minutes ago, cannable said:

The whole Bywater farce and we didn't realise Fielding's loan would run out (somehow).

Ahhhh......fits with when I remember seeing him. I don't think in those circumstances I would class him as our worst keeper then. I'm sticking with Carroll - we actually chose him as a permanent.

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

The whole Bywater farce and we didn't realise Fielding's loan would run out (somehow).

Emergency loans were for 93 days only, the club probably didn't realise that it meant for the whole season. They claimed they knew and got Matt Duke in but he was recalled by Hull after 16 days, and 1 game on the bench. We then got Jones in as a last minute replacement.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Emergency loans were for 93 days only, the club probably didn't realise that it meant for the whole season. They claimed they knew and got Matt Duke in but he was recalled by Hull after 16 days, and 1 game on the bench. We then got Jones in as a last minute replacement.

I remember we had Duke but had completely forgotten the linkages. 

I commend you sir, on the depth of your knowledge and recall. :thumbsup:

Archived