Keogh

TroyDyer

3 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I don't know... majority of our fans seem to have a dig at anyone and everyone... I just about remember Igor, after that CB has been pretty average throughout! I really rate Keogh, I don't think he's amazing but I rate him. Some fans need a reality check, we are derby county! As much as we hate it we are now an established championship team! Keogh is probably one of the best championship defenders there is! I'll support every player that puts on the shirt regardless, they're lucky enough to do what I dreamt of doing as a kid. I've never really understood the grief Keogh gets and if he leaves I think a lot of the people having a go will realise what a decent player he actually is.

No chance, the people who take shots at Keogh will be glad to see him gone, and will find another scapegoat to fill his shoes.

For the record, I like him but if we could get £5m for him I'd wish him all the best in his new endeavours. 

A ball playing centre half doesn't seem that high on GR's wishlist. 

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett wants players that give their all and if Keogh is anything he's that! I quite like him but wouldn't be overly upset if he left... I'd think he would need replacing though and there's not a lot better that we could get in my opinion. So for me it would be a no sale because whatever we got would have to be reinvested anyway just to break even let alone somebody better.

42 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Your wrong. I was in there and so were they. Back of the restaurant part of the white hart

Again, just my understanding. McClarens agent does look a lot like Rush. Is it possible you missaw (is that the right word)? Why would they meet in a pub, when Morris has a lot of offices in the city where they could meet? 

Have to say if the two deals (Ince/Keogh) go through, with the Hughes deal, that's 3 very big decisions the manager has made if we're to believe he's as hands on with transfers as reported.

Either we're going to be hailing him as a genius come May time or he'll be coaching the under 18s at Burton come Christmas.

Top scorer, captain, fan favourite....all gone in one window. Brave if nothing else.

8 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Have to say if the two deals (Ince/Keogh) go through, with the Hughes deal, that's 3 very big decisions the manager has made if we're to believe he's as hands on with transfers as reported.

Either we're going to be hailing him as a genius come May time or he'll be coaching the under 18s at Burton come Christmas.

Top scorer, captain, fan favourite....all gone in one window. Brave if nothing else.

My thoughts too. 

He can take solace in the fact he's bought in Davies who could replace Keogh. He's got Thorne coming back, who could replace Hughes. I guess it would just be a case of finding a 15-goal a season winger that barely misses a game - which you've got to take into account as wingers seem to spend half their time in the physio room. 

I wouldn't do it if I was in his position. The Hughes sale is going to hang over him until the day he gets sacked, whether that's in four months or forty months, I don't think it matters. If Hughes does well and gets in the England team, even if we're top of the league, it will still be a viable complaint due to the poor money received. 

16 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Fortune favours the brave ???

17 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Makes you wonder if Rowett met with Pearson before signing for the Rams, he is clearly working from the Nigel Pearsons 'Rip it up cock it up' hand book.

Just hope Rowett replaces the outgoings well.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

My thoughts too. 

He can take solace in the fact he's bought in Davies who could replace Keogh. He's got Thorne coming back, who could replace Hughes. I guess it would just be a case of finding a 15-goal a season winger that barely misses a game - which you've got to take into account as wingers seem to spend half their time in the physio room. 

I wouldn't do it if I was in his position. The Hughes sale is going to hang over him until the day he gets sacked, whether that's in four months or forty months, I don't think it matters. If Hughes does well and gets in the England team, even if we're top of the league, it will still be a viable complaint due to the poor money received. 

Viable complaint maybe but if he has total conviction in his belief his changes will get us promoted (and they do), he will be the next Arthur Cox, Jim Smith etc.

Football fans are so fickle, success will decide whether Hughes sale hangs over him. 

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Makes you wonder if Rowett met with Pearson before signing for the Rams, he is clearly working from the Nigel Pearsons 'Rip it up cock it up' hand book.

Only Pearson did zero transfers until last week of August

Hate to see Keogh go but I'd back Rowett to get the best out of someone like Caulker. 

Keogh is the definitive Derby player of this era. He's easily been the best servant to the club I've seen in my 20 years as a Derby fan. Really psssionate and committed as well as being a really talented CB. I think you'll struggle to find better at this level, I really do. Good with his feet, good in the air, fairly quick and very good a last second blocks. Wednesday are getting a hell of a player of this is true, I hope we're getting a very tidy fee for him because we're selling a player in their prime to a close rival.

I think of Keogh finds the right CB to play alongside him he'd been a decent enough PL player.

But I really back Rowett with Caulker. Simply looking at him as a transfer commodity Caulker's still young at 25, he's athletic but also got the height you'd want at 6'3. He's got a lot of potential, a lot to learn still but a lot of potential. I think he's a similar type of CB to Shotton, who Rowett made look way better than he ever looked at Derby.

Different as a bloke. He's clearly had a lot of issues and the article that came out today was a real eye opener. Looks like he was close to being one of footballs horror stories but it seems like he's really trying to turn it around. I back Rowett as a good enough man manager and Curtis Davies, someone who by all accounts has been a fantastic pro throughout his career, as a good older brother figure to get him on track on and off the field.

The fact he's come out and made his issues public speaks volumes to me. If they say the hardest part is admitting you have a problem the telling the entire country that you've got a problem must be pretty f*****g difficult. If he's willing to do that I'd say he's willing to work hard at the club that give him a chance. Bring him into a new environment and give him a fresh challenge with good characters around him.

He's clearly got PL potential, I'd love it if we could be the club to get it out of him. 

Disappointing to see Keogh leaving, if indeed he is. Twice POTY and always committed to cause, the lad's had endless unwarranted flak from some sections of the fans. It'll probably be a breath of fresh air for him if he does leave and a significant loss for us. In fact, the only upside I can see, unless a wholly disproportionate fee is involved, is that I won't have to read the countless posts on here blaming him for every bloody goal we concede.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I guess it's already been said, but no sign of Keogh today at all - I just double checked. 

We're truly going to be a hoofball side next season, aren't we :ermm:

He might be gone, but

Richard Keogh, Alex Pearce, Cyrus Christie, Ikechi Anya and Jonathan Mitchell have yet to return to training.

All have been given an extra few days off having been on international duty during the summer.

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-who-trained-today-at-moor-farm-and-who-didn-t/story-30416399-detail/story.html#gkLgsSo5gUf2dIOK.99

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Viable complaint maybe but if he has total conviction in his belief his changes will get us promoted (and they do), he will be the next Arthur Cox, Jim Smith etc.

Football fans are so fickle, success will decide whether Hughes sale hangs over him. 

If they don't he'll be the next Pearson or Docherty. 

Its 50/50 at the moment. I hope for Gary's sake we get off to a good start in the league.

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I guess it's already been said, but no sign of Keogh today at all - I just double checked. 

We're truly going to be a hoofball side next season, aren't we :ermm:

I'd like to just call it more direct. I must admit I'm fed up of the 55 passes along the back line every time the keeper gets the ball. I personally thinks it gives the opposition time to get back and find their shape.

I'm sure we'll still make some passes just not 500 unnecessary ones across the back line.

Archived