Nick Blackman - joined Maccabi on a season-long-loan

DEL

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County are waiting on Nick Blackman's decision on a loan move to Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Gary Rowett confirmed that Blackman is in Israel to discuss a possible transfer.

And Rowett says there are two or three other players in the squad who need to go out and play games.

"They might not fit the way we want to play or they might not have the opportunities to play, and they need to go and do that," Rowett added.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/latest-derby-county-striker-nick-332299

Not sure of the quality out in Israel but i think this could be a great confidence building loan for Blackman. He is pretty much guaranteed game time, you would imagine he would do quite well there and the challenge of playing in a different league and in a country with a different culture could really get him going again.

59 minutes ago, Timdcfc said:

Didn't or does Maccabi Tel Aviv play champions league or europa league football? That would be quite good for Blackman...

Playing in Europa League (they're playing Altach tomorrow) 

Getting first team football is important for a footballer's development

Playing in Europe must be an exciting prospect

He can reinvigorate his faltering career

Young men should expand their horizon

Learning new languages is fun

Lots of sun and shekels

Just do it

18 minutes ago, archied said:

B4 has put ad in paper for a donkey and three wise men to help in a courier mission

We still have Shackell in the squad - And I'm sure if we asked nicely Bucko would help out with a couple of his mates...

(Bit unfair but couldn't think of anyone else more donkey-worthy than The Shack)

I think Nick and Maccabi are quite keen to see if something can be done, so it’s just a case of ironing out the details,” said Rowett.

“He came back and trained the other day . It’s been a frustrating time for him and he just needs to go and play football.

“He’s a talented player and he’s been really good around the place. I’ve had no issues with him.”

From this morning's pre-Bolton press conference.

Archived