Nick Blackman - joined Maccabi on a season-long-loan

DEL

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I took my 7 year old lad to meet a few players on the morning of a match and get his photo taken with them, my thoughts were cemented that Nick Blackman was a nice bloke.

He was the only one that actually took time to chat to my lad and ask him some questions rather than just do the minimum that was asked of him - e.g. dip down, have his photo and and move on.  (Which is understandable)

10 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

When I took my 7 year old lad to meet a few players on the morning of a match and get his photo taken with them, my thoughts were cemented that Nick Blackman was a nice bloke.

He was the only one that actually took time to chat to my lad and ask him some questions rather than just do the minimum that was asked of him - e.g. dip down, have his photo and and move on.  (Which is understandable)

I love that. When one of the players genuinely makes the effort.

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

He's already had 21 chances playing for Derby and he's been absolutely woeful in every single one of them. What makes you think chance 22 or 23 is going to be any different? 

The eternal optimism of us Rams Fans dictates this (fingers crossed pray to who or whatever for the best turn out) seasonal practice. 

Its what makes being a Ram so great and so frustrating!

UP THE RAMS ? ????

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Sorry Roy but what a load of crap that is. 

Have a gander at his twitter, he's put plenty of stuff out there which is of akin to what buzz sentence you want to hear. Why do you need to hear that from his mouth anyway!?

We hear plenty from RamsTV, they've interviewed everyone from the manager to the tealady - I haven't seen his twitter feed since he did his charity shirt bit, what's he said? Normally the official club twitter feed retweet owt of interest.

He needs to be playing football, but I can't see anyone matching our deal. Why hasn't he asked to leave, Lawrence has (according to tweets)?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why should we? He's done nothing. He's not even come out with 'wanting to prove what he can do' to a new manager. He's not bothered and is happy to sit on the treatment table - can't say bench as he's not gonna get there!

The positive tweets, instagram pictures and raising money for underprivileged children in Barbados not enough for you, Roy? 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

The positive tweets, instagram pictures and raising money for underprivileged children in Barbados not enough for you, Roy? 

Wasting your minutes mate, he's hardly played due to injury had a few bad games and shouldn't ever play again yet Russell plays bad most games but should stay! Feel for players like Blackman no wonder we go nowhere 

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Wasting your minutes mate, he's hardly played due to injury had a few bad games and shouldn't ever play again yet Russell plays bad most games but should stay! Feel for players like Blackman no wonder we go nowhere 

Well Rowett has suggested he go, out on loan. He should be busting a gut to prove his worth. I hear Reading have an injury crisis already...

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We hear plenty from RamsTV, they've interviewed everyone from the manager to the tealady - I haven't seen his twitter feed since he did his charity shirt bit, what's he said? Normally the official club twitter feed retweet owt of interest.

He needs to be playing football, but I can't see anyone matching our deal. Why hasn't he asked to leave, Lawrence has (according to tweets)?

You seem to put a lot of credibility on stuff found on Twitter.

WOW!

3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I love that. When one of the players genuinely makes the effort.

3 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Sammon was the same .  Honestly - he really was.  Goes to show that some of the nicest blokes have been our poorest players.  

I worry that if we actually did let NB have a game, he'd be criticised mercilessly by a lot of fans from his first touch of the ball - in fact some would boo when the team sheet's read out.  Doubt it would do him or the team any good.  

21 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Pretty sure he's been heavily involved with our community outreach programmes too - Guy has no affiliation to the area and has had a rocky time with the club so far - But has been out and about with the community scheme - And he does that 'Nick's Kits' thing for people in Barbados

Archived