Nick Blackman - joined Maccabi on a season-long-loan

DEL

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Watch a lot of Israeli football, do you?

I would say not, as that is why @rammieib is questioning if that is the standard. He isn't wrong, tbf, if thatbis the standard of defending I would back myself to score goals over there (if I had my old fitness levels :lol:)

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

I would say not, as that is why @rammieib is questioning if that is the standard. He isn't wrong, tbf, if thatbis the standard of defending I would back myself to score goals over there (if I had my old fitness levels :lol:)

Maybe I'm just touchy, but I just find the reaction of -  Oh he scored, the defending must be terrible in that league then - to be a bit irritating. The guy can't catch a break a lot of the time :lol:

49 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Maybe I'm just touchy, but I just find the reaction of -  Oh he scored, the defending must be terrible in that league then - to be a bit irritating. The guy can't catch a break a lot of the time :lol:

The defending was terrible, if it was put without any knowledge of how he scored then I would agree but both goals so far had bad defending that has contributed to the goal. That isn't to take anything away from Blackman, the first was a great strike but he had all the time in the world to line that shot up. The one from the weekend I haven't seen marking that bad since Bent's "marking" from corners.

30 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

On the other hand let's not pretend the Championship is a high standard... plenty of dross to go with the glimpses of quality. 

Space is normally at a premium in in the Championship. Mistakes happen yes but rarely do you find people in the middle of the goal on the 6-yard line at a corner with no defender 2 metres from you.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Space is normally at a premium in in the Championship. Mistakes happen yes but rarely do you find people in the middle of the goal on the 6-yard line at a corner with no defender 2 metres from you.

I feel like I've seen a few examples of that this season - Davies' goal against Hull spring out at me for some reason? (can't exactly remember)

Also seem to think I've seen it happen on multiple occasions on MOTD this year - The pundits keep pulling it out as so many teams up there are trying to play zonal marking at corners and leaving someone totally free by accident

On 04/10/2017 at 12:56, rammieib said:

Unless you were playing Derby last season where they gave you free reign in the box at every corner and free kick! ?

Archived