Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

15 minutes ago, David said:

Go look at the replies on twitter, theres a few fruity ones that's best not shared on here, reckon the Police will be knocking on one chaps door.

Just seen them and yes you're right. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Great deal for Forest. How have they got more from a Championship team for an injury prone striker than we got from a Premier League team for Ince?

I can't even go there ?

12 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Great deal for Forest. How have they got more from a Championship team for an injury prone striker than we got from a Premier League team for Ince?

Don't forget Peterborough got sell on fee. 

He carried forest last season without him they would have gone down. 

They have a young replacement in Brereton as well who looks pretty dangerous.

Other than that they have got their work cut out there are a lot of very average players in there. 

8 hours ago, MovableRam said:

Britt Assombalonga = £15,000,000. Will Hughes + Tom Ince = £12,500,000. It is so cute.

Strikers are more expensive than wingers and midfielders. Particularly quick ones that excite the likes @EliteMartial and @SimplyGriezmann from twitter when they play their video game.

It's a great deal for Forest, but surely highlights just how poor we have been with regards to player sales and valuations. 

Assombalonga's best season at this level is 15 goals. I know it's been down to injuries and other factors, but surely that comes into play when you're looking at signing a striker. 

I think he's a great finisher, don't get me wrong, but when all things considered it's a poor signing by Boro at the money they've paid. It's not like he's got a whole host of traits to his game for the matches he doesn't score in. I guess you could liken him to Darren Bent; a younger Darren Bent, sure, but a player that will never get close to his record or career. 

£14 million for Assombalonga?

Hats off to Forest. Who would have imagined Burke and Assombalonga (£27m) would generate more than the sales of Ince and Hughes (£19.5 million)?

They'll miss his goals but if they reinvest wisely, e.g. if they add more quality in defence and midfield, I could see them being a dark horse for the play-offs with Warburton overseeing things.

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

£14 million for Assombalonga?

Hats off to Forest. Who would have imagined Burke and Assombalonga (£27m) would generate more than the sales of Ince and Hughes (£19.5 million)?

They'll miss his goals but if they reinvest wisely, e.g. if they add more quality in defence and midfield, I could see them being a dark horse for the play-offs with Warburton overseeing things.

Yep, that was my first thought. Ridiculous.

Not a bad business..

Can't quite believe Forest have managed to pull this off £14 million for a player with his recent injury record is really, I mean really good business.

On paper they have had Morgans pants down, but then they have money to burn and struggled to score last season, so understandably it's a good punt at this level if Britt stays injury free.

Does make our sale of Hughes look poor in my eyes by comparison but then a fit Britt would score you more goals, so maybe that's the key valuation difference.

Fair play to Forest, once they get over the loss, most should realise they can evolve a team out of this and given time, I see Warburton making a good fist of doing exactly what he did with youth at Brentford, with a sprinkling of star quality around it, with the money spent wisely.

Forest's statement says Boro triggered the buyout clause in his contract. So rather than negotiate the deal, they've held firm and just rejected everything they could.

Hats off for including the buyout clause mind you

Yes they got 14 mil but, 

A - It'll be interesting to see if Stavros lets Warburton invest all of the money.

B - If Warburton can spend it wisely.  When he was unbridled from Brentford's 'moneyball' recruitment, he didn't buy very well at Rangers.

From a Boro perspective I think this is a bit mad. I don't think they've lost many players (yet), so its unlikely to be the end of the world for them, but he's never worth £14m. And 60k a week is just eyewatering. A fully fit Assombalonga is a £10m player imo, and I don't think he's ever been that.

From a Forest perspective this is an excellent deal for them. If the 40% to Peterborough is accurate they're still getting the best part of £10m for a player they paid a high wage to and who was injured for more than half a season. Need to spend it well though, not safety strong currently imo.

Forest fans on twitter are just completely bizarre though. I know there's always banter between fans calling them delusional when one set of fans think they'll win the league or one of their home grown players is worth a huge amount of money; but some of the Forest replies to the news is some of the most genuine delusion I've seen, and it's quite worrying.

People describing moving from Forest to Boro as a "sideways step at best". Calling him a snake, moneygrabber etc.

Apparently Forest showed him loyalty during his injuries and this isn't how he should go about repaying that. What was the show of loyalty? Not cancelling his contract?

Currently, Forest to Boro is unequivocally a step-up. And anyone complaining about someone not declining 60k a week at this level, while constantly burdened by injury, is having a laugh. 

36 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

From a Boro perspective I think this is a bit mad. I don't think they've lost many players (yet), so its unlikely to be the end of the world for them, but he's never worth £14m. And 60k a week is just eyewatering. A fully fit Assombalonga is a £10m player imo, and I don't think he's ever been that.

From a Forest perspective this is an excellent deal for them. If the 40% to Peterborough is accurate they're still getting the best part of £10m for a player they paid a high wage to and who was injured for more than half a season. Need to spend it well though, not safety strong currently imo.

Forest fans on twitter are just completely bizarre though. I know there's always banter between fans calling them delusional when one set of fans think they'll win the league or one of their home grown players is worth a huge amount of money; but some of the Forest replies to the news is some of the most genuine delusion I've seen, and it's quite worrying.

People describing moving from Forest to Boro as a "sideways step at best". Calling him a snake, moneygrabber etc.

Apparently Forest showed him loyalty during his injuries and this isn't how he should go about repaying that. What was the show of loyalty? Not cancelling his contract?

Currently, Forest to Boro is unequivocally a step-up. And anyone complaining about someone not declining 60k a week at this level, while constantly burdened by injury, is having a laugh. 

Also, I think he replayed any faith they showed in him by pretty much single handedly keeping them up in the games he did play. 

And if he's the money grabber, then theyvshiuld really give that £15m back. 

Archived