Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still managed 14 in 32 last season, and when he's fit his goals to games ratio is very good. The type of player that if they can keep him fit will hit the ground running, score 20+ this season and maybe make the step up with them.

Forest got lucky with heavily bankrolled teams fancying their players (even we got a decent fee for Christie) but if they expect to improve they need to spend it all. 2 tin pot Scottish players doesn't even fill the gap left by last year's departing loanees.

Personally I'm hoping they spunk most of it on McCormack.

Someone embarrassing crap on Twitter, but no worse than some of the meltdown there and on here when Hughes/Ince left. I guess we got a good price, but I would have wanted more given the insane market and the fact Boro have parachute payments..

Bit concerning that we seem to sell our most investable player every single season, although the difference being the new ownership. If we invest in some quality young players then it'll be a good decision. Keep the money and stick with a few more Lica/Dimitru type loans then we'll sink. 

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

70% of the Forest fans in a nutshell...

** Disclaimer - 70% is a VERY conservative estimate **

It's like a charicature of a forest fan. Only it isn't. 

I was trying to think of s good analogy. Like Preston players are gutted when they leave the two time champions of England. 

But a first fan would say, 'not the same as champions of Europe though is it.'

the really sad thing is, I can't think of any of European champion, let alone two time European champion, that has fallen so far from grace, that you could use it as a suitable analogy. Not even villa  

The fact is, it was all so long ago, it's completely irrelevant. 

Forest are not 'ex-European champions'. They are a recent league 1 club with ambitions of one day making the step up to the premier league. Leaving forest would be no more difficult for a player than leaving Burton. 

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Someone embarrassing crap on Twitter, but no worse than some of the meltdown there and on here when Hughes/Ince left. I guess we got a good price, but I would have wanted more given the insane market and the fact Boro have parachute payments..

Bit concerning that we seem to sell our most investable player every single season, although the difference being the new ownership. If we invest in some quality young players then it'll be a good decision. Keep the money and stick with a few more Lica/Dimitru type loans then we'll sink. 

You get them unfortunately, people talking about loyalty etc but I dont understand why fans expect footballers to be loyal. From what I understand rightly or wrongly his weekly wage is being more then doubled, how many fans would turn around and decline such an offer themselves out of loyalty? Not many.

This is a serious question, will any of the money have to go to Fawaz? I know there was a considerable debt owing to him, but was it paid off by the new owners, or written off or what?

I cant say I have seen anywhere the details of the buy out including financials.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

70% of the Forest fans in a nutshell...

** Disclaimer - 70% is a VERY conservative estimate **

Like that matters to any player playing now, its like Hughes moving to Watford but being concerned that Watford have never won the league but Derby have...stupid comment.

Had to giggle at this comment from a Forest fan on their forum on Britt-Ass departure...

"The one thing I liked about Britt bar his goals was that he played football with a smile on his face something you don't see very much these days,good luck to the lad.If he scores against us and smiles he can get f****d."

:lol:

25 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Had to giggle at this comment from a Forest fan on their forum on Britt-Ass departure...

"The one thing I liked about Britt bar his goals was that he played football with a smile on his face something you don't see very much these days,good luck to the lad.If he scores against us and smiles he can get f****d."

:lol:

If he were to do that, I'd love him...

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Forest are not 'ex-European champions'. 

We are though.

That's like saying you are not ex Division 1 champions. it was yonks ago, but it did happen. 

We're s**t atm, but that's abit of a silly statement.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

You get them unfortunately, people talking about loyalty etc but I dont understand why fans expect footballers to be loyal. From what I understand rightly or wrongly his weekly wage is being more then doubled, how many fans would turn around and decline such an offer themselves out of loyalty? Not many.

This is a serious question, will any of the money have to go to Fawaz? I know there was a considerable debt owing to him, but was it paid off by the new owners, or written off or what?

I cant say I have seen anywhere the details of the buy out including financials.

Hard to disagree.

I would say that I'm surprised he went to Boro though, apparently his family including child are in London. Why would you want to move to some even further North? Perhaps he was given no choice given Boro met his buy out clause.

Sith Happens
16 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Hard to disagree.

I would say that I'm surprised he went to Boro though, apparently his family including child are in London. Why would you want to move to some even further North? Perhaps he was given no choice given Boro met his buy out clause.

Certainly hasnt gone for the views in Boro, one of the most awful places I have ever visited.

I suppose he is as close to home as he is here, he can probably jump on a plane from teeside airport and be there in a couple of hours.

I cant imagine he had no choice, i think with any clause all parties still need to agree.

Archived