Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

29 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

It's worth mentioning that Ipswich & Villa don't constantly refer to their previous achievements in Europe, despite winning them more recently than your lot...   It appears to be a solely Gump phenomena...

This is the thing, your fans bring them up far more than we do.

It's your obsession with our club!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

This is the thing, your fans bring them up far more than we do.

It's your obsession with our club!

If they were so inclined, 'm sure someone with no social life/family, could dig through all manner of forum posts and conclude that's bull***t.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people.  I'll just have to take your word for it...

Sith Happens
37 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If they were so inclined, 'm sure someone with no social life/family, could dig through all manner of forum posts and conclude that's bull***t.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people.  I'll just have to take your word for it...

You mean like them claiming they never said they were the man city of the midlands? :)

10 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Yes they got 14 mil but, 

A - It'll be interesting to see if Stavros lets Warburton invest all of the money.

B - If Warburton can spend it wisely.  When he was unbridled from Brentford's 'moneyball' recruitment, he didn't buy very well at Rangers.

Absolutely your point B.

Lost his lustre for me at rangers. Hiring joey Barton etc and not really reproducing anything like what he created at Brentford. 

7 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

We are though.

That's like saying you are not ex Division 1 champions. it was yonks ago, but it did happen. 

We're s**t atm, but that's abit of a silly statement.

Perhaps it's technically true, but you wouldn't describe a sparrow as an ex-dinosaur, or the planet earth as an ex-cloud of hydrogen gas. There's a point at which recent history becomes ancient history, and you are remembered and referred to, by your recent history. 

6 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Yet Your fans always sing "Champions of Europe - you'll never sing that" everytime they come to Pride Park.

I think it was originally aimed at the Leeds fans and their stupid WACCOE chant..

True for your lot too :p 

The current incarnation of the gumps was 20 April 1982, therefore the history starts there.

A previous incarnation of notts won some cups, but that entity is long dead and buried. This version has a couple of league cups and decades if decline.

16 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Yet Your fans always sing "Champions of Europe - you'll never sing that" everytime they come to Pride Park.

I get the idea that Forest sing it at most grounds they visit (except at grounds of other sides who've won the European cup/CL of course)

As they sang it at the Riverside too. Till Boro fans responded with "You'll never sing this, you'll never sing this; Brian Clough...he's one of our own."

12 hours ago, McRamFan said:

The current incarnation of the gumps was 20 April 1982, therefore the history starts there.

A previous incarnation of notts won some cups, but that entity is long dead and buried. This version has a couple of league cups and decades if decline.

Nice work fella, this should be the party line from here on in.

15 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Have bid £2m for 34yr old Daryl Murphy and also prepared to pay £6m for Cameron Jerome according to The Sun. 

I am sure they could con us by offering 2-3 million for Nick Blackman who would probably do well for them?

Archived