Name and shame yourself

Day

I do remember when we signed Marco Reich I had never heard of him but after his first game I walked away saying you can see why he has won a full cap for Germany. Thought he was going to be a brilliant signing but he was no better than average for the rest of his time with us.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-5-18 at 19:24, LeedsCityRam said:

Remember watching Conor Sammon score a goal for Wigan (vs West Ham I think) & thought he looked very powerful, quick & worked hard. Was very pleased when we signed him but just didn't work out.

Was you not concerned that that was his whole career YouTube highlights?

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 09:04, rustylee said:

I do remember when we signed Marco Reich I had never heard of him but after his first game I walked away saying you can see why he has won a full cap for Germany. Thought he was going to be a brilliant signing but he was no better than average for the rest of his time with us.

The only thing you're guilty of is getting slightly carried away. Reich was hugely important in keeping us in the league that season and he made a useful contribution in the play off season. I was annoyed when we got rid. There was a huge amount of talent there if someone could motivate and utilise him correctly. Having said that and considering we appointed Phil Brown as manager we might as well have got rid of Reich.

On 2017-5-18 at 20:33, Alex W said:

For me it was Jamie Ward. I failed to see anything other than a little dick of a workhorse who scored the odd goal. Never been more wrong. He was OUR little **** of a workhorse who had tricks and goals in him. Great little player to have.

I think rowett would have liked ward in the side...his sort of player

Tommy Smith. I was fuming when we signed him, remember ranting at my dad about how he was faking a living and wouldn't get near our squad. Within a month he'd become one of my favourite players, worked his socks off and gave us an edge we didn't have.

The other side of this was Alberto Bueno. The second he made his debut I was sold on him. He oozed class and looked far beyond our level. Then he went missing. Gutted.

Was really pleased about Steve Howard. Knew him when he played for Luton. Simple, brave, effective. .... that's the good news 

thought Earnshaw was just what we needed ... oh dear ... seriously embarrassing! 

Connor Sammon. Scored a deflected belter from about 30 yards after outmuscling a centre half, against leeds maybe?

I thought we'd got one. And in a sad and unfortunate way in no way related to my intention, I was right

2 minutes ago, needles said:

Connor Sammon. Scored a deflected belter from about 30 yards after outmuscling a centre half, against leeds maybe?

I thought we'd got one. And in a sad and unfortunate way in no way related to my intention, I was right

Yes it was against Leeds. 

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

This thread  may have some priceless moments in the coming season if Chris Martin does some unexpectedly poor things (self included)

Or if he does some unexpectedly excellent things... CM and the Nuge good partners, Shirley?

Archived