Grant Hanley - Signed for Norwich

Day

5 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Seen somewhere that Barnsley want £5m but could be bs though. I rate Roberts too. ? 

Thought we'd be more interested in Roberts with Rowett saying at awards night he followed him when he was in lower leagues 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More of this Keogh plays better when he's not captain nonsense. I direct you back to what was said in the Aiden Flint thread:

"The whole captaincy issue is so overrated. Keogh doesn't play worse when he has the armband, he plays worse when his defensive partner's form drops or when the defence is constantly being chopped and changed. It's the same for every defender in the country.

"Besides, being captain doesn't really mean that much. All they really do i lead the team out, take photos with the kids and speak to the press more often than the other players. Doesn't stop other players from leading on the pitch. Someone rightly pointed out that we have loads of captains in our squad; Pearce (Reading), Bryson (Kilmarnock), Shackell (Burnley), Johnson (Norwich), Baird (Fulham/West Brom I think). Them not having the armband shouldn't stop them exerting their influence." 

6 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

"Besides, being captain doesn't really mean that much. All they really do i lead the team out, take photos with the kids and speak to the press more often than the other players. Doesn't stop other players from leading on the pitch. Someone rightly pointed out that we have loads of captains in our squad; Pearce (Reading), Bryson (Kilmarnock), Shackell (Burnley), Johnson (Norwich), Baird (Fulham/West Brom I think). Them not having the armband shouldn't stop them exerting their influence." 

Sometimes you have too many chiefs and not enough Indians! One captain is needed to instil the team ethic into the players. If being captain doesn't mean that much why not just take it in turns?

13 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I thought we'd offered £4 mil but Newcastle we hoping for the £5.5 mil they paid last year

Was it £6m they paid for the donkey? Pretty sure it was though. 

39 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Was it ever cleared up about us having a £4m bid accepted? 

Don't think it's been accepted yet, it's the only bid in atm but they're holding out for 5.5 mil, if they don't get a bid in this week tho theyll accept ours as they need the money for their other centre back move

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Don't think it's been accepted yet, it's the only bid in atm but they're holding out for 5.5 mil, if they don't get a bid in this week tho theyll accept ours as they need the money for their other centre back move

I doubt they need the money after being promoted. Isn't it worth somewhere in the region of £200 million when you get promoted?

10 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I doubt they need the money after being promoted. Isn't it worth somewhere in the region of £200 million when you get promoted?

Only saying what that article said mate, you'd think so wouldn't you?! Suppose they want to keep track of FFP maybe who knows 

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

£85 million for going up(each team gets that from Sky TV)-then add on finishing position money(£24 million for first and drops to £2m for bottom side)-plus £84 million in parachute payments if relegated! 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rowett says he is pleased with what we've got in the building (his defenders).

Seemingly the end of the Hanley interest? 

Hopefully, would cement a quality right back first without being hampered by not having the funds due to signing hanley

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

We can hope so.

RB I'd expect to come in only if we sell Christie, not before.

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Seen on Facebook he is having a medical as we speak, however trying to find a "reliable source"  

Could signing Davies possibly lower the price we pay for Hanley? 

I personally think we could still be in for Hanley especially if another CB is sold, but now that we have signed Davies and Newcastle will want Hanley off their books, if no other teams comes in for him like it is currently being reported maybe we are in a position to lower our bid or at least lower the upfront payment and hold Newcastle to ransom rather than them holding us to ransom.

10 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Which building?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastles-grant-hanley-slammed-ex-12161237

Plot thickens. We can't sign Hanley if we are seriously after Boyd? What is Boyd's opinion about our other Scottish players? Does he like Jäger? Is Bryson gonna go? Will he replace Ince so we could have all Scottish attackline Russell-Martin-Boyd with Anya as a back up?

Ps. I just need to fill my footballing drama quota.

Archived