Grant Hanley - Signed for Norwich

Day

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

How do you know FalconRam is a guy? He could be a wild bird. I am picking you up before Stive lectures you on subconscious sexism. Really glad it was not CrowRam posting.

I've been rumbled, what can I say :( 

In my defence his/her profile picture has a side parting, I just assumed, well y'know.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, David said:

They didn't post it until after the Hull account, saw you got corrected on this earlier on Twitter. 

Raises my suspicions that maybe your account :whistle:

Oh dear. I wish I had the time to bother with one of them accounts to be honest with you... 

The nibbles that i'd get would be worth it alone... But I can confirm, I am not @Fl92transfers :D 

"Landing defender Curtis Davies from Hull City is likely to see Derby County end their pursuit of Newcastle United's Grant Hanley, the Derby Telegraph understands.

Derby had bid around £4m bid for Hanley, who joined Newcastle from Blackburn Rovers in a £5.5m deal only a year ago."

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-end-interest-in-newcastle-united-defender-grant-hanley/story-30377703-detail/story.html#Js3RLvp0b6DOQ7K1.99

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I suspect that the sagacious Rowett is indeed interested in Wisdom, but having bagged Davies, there may be issues around relative priorities and the need to keep spending and income balanced. GR talked yesterday about patience so Wisdom may take a little while yet. Important to avoid a bidding frenzy...Cyrus Christie may need to be offloaded. Rowett is aiming for a squad of 23...what size is it now with Weimann back and Davies just in...something like 33?:mellow:

hey...

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/manager-gary-rowett-says-derby-county-will-look-to-bring-in-another-defender/story-30377734-detail/story.html

Just sayin' :mellow:

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It sounds like Wisdom was our number 1 target, he made noises to suggest he was signing for Salzburg so we switched our attention to Hanley.

Maybe Wisdom changed his mind, hence his brothers tweet and we were aware of Davies availability for 500k.

4 million for Hanley or 4 million for Wisdom, I know which I'd rather have!

Who would you rather have? Is it the guy who parks where he likes?:mellow:

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I flippin hope the next defender is Wisdom.

Interesting he says the exact position is irrelevant, either because the next signing will depend on who we sell, or he doesn't want to give the game away by saying RB.

Wisdom can play RFB but has just completed his Salzburg loan playing predominantly at CB, the position he prefers and where he has played outstandingly well. An issue for Wisdom himself may be whether he wants to become "a RFB" or a centre back. His advanced play (ie upfield), let's face it, is non too special and the pinpoint cross onto CM's bonce at Barnsley 3 seasons ago was the exception rather than the rule. 

So the issue for Wisdom is does he want to become labelled as a FB at Derby? Perhaps a retro-step for his career position-wise? So GR may have to dangle extra carrots to get him here? Like valet parking at Pride Park...or a driver-less company car? Or a better street map on his Porsche's sat nav? They are marginal gains when it comes to a contract. :mellow:  

Possible wisdom coming in as third centre half for three at the back ? Davies keough wisdom and Christie staying as wingback with fuzzy or Lowe on the left ,,,,, could play a high line pressing game with that line up  

4 minutes ago, archied said:

Possible wisdom coming in as third centre half for three at the back ? Davies keough wisdom and Christie staying as wingback with fuzzy or Lowe on the left ,,,,, could play a high line pressing game with that line up  

My main concerns with having Christie as a wing back remains the space he takes up behind Ince which limits Inces' effectiveness but more importantly the lack of quality on his final pass / cross (Patterson who's just signed for Cardiff) would have been ideal, with Fozzy taking the other wing back role.

• 2 months later...

Archived