Grant Hanley - Signed for Norwich

Day

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/grant-hanley-newcastle-derby-transfer-13148852

Newcastle United defender Grant Hanley's move to Derby County now in doubt

Magpies want to off-load Grant Hanley but arrival of Curtis Davies at Pride Park Stadium means Rams may pull out of deal

Grant Hanley’s move to Derby County now seems in jeopardy after the Rams signed Curtis Davies from Hull City.

The Scotland international has been told he can leave Newcastle United and Derby expressed an interest in the ex-Blackburn Rovers captain after he was offered to them last month.

But Davies’ arrival has resulted in major doubts that Derby can afford to accommodate both defenders.

Hanley is keen to search fo regular first team football and knows his days on Tyneside could be numbered as Newcastle look to sign two new centre-backs this summer.

After signing for Gary Rowett’s Derby, Davies said: “I believe that, at my age, people start thinking that you want to wind down and look for a bit of security but that is not the case with me; if I’d have wanted that, I would have stayed at Hull.

“This is an opportunity for me to reinvigorate myself.

“I’ve enjoyed my time at Hull and there are a lot of people that I’m going to miss but I want to do the best for my career and I believe that is with Derby County.”

Hanley still looks likely to be heading for the exit door at United along with Henri Saivet, Massadio Haidara, Achraf Lazaar and Emmanuel Riviere.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Appently having a medical done today should be signed by end of the week.

If you're on about that account on twitter, Take everything with a pinch of salt. They got lucky with the Davies post. Other than that I won't believe it until it's confirmed.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well he been spotted in derby already and no other reason why he is here.

Not really spotted in Derby b4. 

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't hear much anymore. 

But the from what I've heard today. I'd be amazed if we signed Hanley. 

Wisdom a lot more likely. 

Itd make more sense to sign wisdom for the same price as he can play right back and centre half

56 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastles-grant-hanley-slammed-ex-12161237

Plot thickens. We can't sign Hanley if we are seriously after Boyd? What is Boyd's opinion about our other Scottish players? Does he like Jäger? Is Bryson gonna go? Will he replace Ince so we could have all Scottish attackline Russell-Martin-Boyd with Anya as a back up?

Ps. I just need to fill my footballing drama quota.

Different Boyd ha ha 

2 minutes ago, archram said:

Maybe this is the way we're going to do signings, look as if we're interested in someone like Hanley and then sign someone different we didn't know about?

Which is very clever from Gary and MM. 

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

If you're on about that account on twitter, Take everything with a pinch of salt. They got lucky with the Davies post. Other than that I won't believe it until it's confirmed.

They didn't post it until after the Hull account, saw you got corrected on this earlier on Twitter. 

Raises my suspicions that maybe your account :whistle:

Archived