Grant Hanley - Signed for Norwich

Day

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

The difference with Ince was a buyout clause, and the fact he'd proved his worth in a loan spell.

Ok, but I could go through hundreds of transfers across the leagues where as far as we know only one club bid for, doesn't mean they paid over the top.

Same as when no club bids for your player, doesn't mean he's ****.

If Ince is being valued at £10-15m now, why did no club match the bid? They will have seen his performances for us on loan. Same with Chris Martin.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

Ok, but I could go through hundreds of transfers across the leagues where as far as we know only one club bid for, doesn't mean they paid over the top.

Same as when no club bids for your player, doesn't mean he's ****.

If Ince is being valued at £10-15m now, why did no club match the bid? They will have seen his performances for us on loan. Same with Chris Martin.

I'd have thought Newcastle would be keen to get rid of a player who couldn't get in the team at Championship level.

Theyll be looking to upgrade all over, and maybe Hanley isn't in their plans.

Its early to say if either Martin or Ince are in Rowetts favour, if they weren't they'd soon be gone regardless of valuations.

all speculation anyway.

47 minutes ago, David said:

He had a buy out clause, not sure it was part of a loan agreement. Remember Bruce being pretty mad with it all, saying the club should have kept him

Could well be that, I have forgotten the specifics, I think at the time we had the advantage in that no premier league club wanted him, and he was used to Derby, either way we got him as part of a very good deal.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I'd have thought Newcastle would be keen to get rid of a player who couldn't get in the team at Championship level.

Theyll be looking to upgrade all over, and maybe Hanley isn't in their plans.

Its early to say if either Martin or Ince are in Rowetts favour, if they weren't they'd soon be gone regardless of valuations.

all speculation anyway.

If £4m is the fee, writing off what £2m on a player 12 months later would be showing they are keen to get rid. They won't give him away for a Curley Whirly.

If Derby are the only club to pay it, that could be for a number of reasons, other clubs are not looking to stregthen that area or accept they don't have the money to pay what he's worth.

A players valuation will differ with each club, you pay what he's worth to your club. If Hanley comes in and sorts out our defence, that's £4m well spent, regardless of who bids for him.

No club will go in at 500k, then keep raising it until all clubs back out, then lower it a bit again to get the player.

If Ince and Martin leave one thing is for sure, we will have made money which means we didn't over pay for them, unless where they go to are over paying as well.

If there is a lack of interest from other clubs for Hanley, don't see why we wouldn't try a loan with a view to a permanent, they sent a lot of players out on loan when they came down, maybe they would the other way. With Premier League squad sizes could find himself ineligible to play. 

Worth adding to this that it was only wolves and us interested in him in the first place, so with wolves faffing about with their new manager, that's probably why we're the only ones to have bid. Would imagine Newcastle are now waiting just in case wolves follow up there interest as they want more than the 4 mil, but if not then getting the cash in asap is probably the most appealing option.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Didn't we have a clause to buy in the loan agreement for Ince, so we exclusively could pay the price for Ince and they'd be forced to accept the bid?

1 hour ago, David said:

He had a buy out clause, not sure it was part of a loan agreement. Remember Bruce being pretty mad with it all, saying the club should have kept him

The buy out was part of the loan agreement according to all reports on the transfer.

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Grant Hanley would be a steal at £4m in todays market. He has the quality to lead a team as he proved at Blackburn. He is a significant improvement on Pearce. I would expect him to be club captain if he came in aswell. 

Take the "shackell" off keogh and bring in hanley.....

Keogh is a good team mate but not a captain, he has too much to worry about without leading the team. Great defender just signing hanley and having him captain instead will only be brilliant for us

"Yes, there is genuine interest, I understand, and it has been reported that Derby are in at £4m for the central defender, although Newcastle appear keen to recoup the £5.5m they spent on Hanley last summer.

"It has also been reported that Newcastle have made an £8.7m offer for Eibar centre-back Florian Lejeune which could lead to Hanley leaving."

Steve Nicholson

Please don't pish £4m up the wall on Hanley. 

Its just another in the series of over priced signings like Anya, Johnson, vydra, blackman, and butterfield. 

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Please don't pish £4m up the wall on Hanley. 

Rather spend on someone else than this donkey. 

55 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Keogh was a beast when he was not captain probley had best spell when he was not captain. He seems crack under preasure.

I haven't seen him crack under pressure- a damm good championship defender and the reason he has been captain for so many games is that his name is regularly on the team sheet and basically nobody else can say that ( goalkeepers make pudding captains before anyone mentions them)

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I haven't seen him crack under pressure- a damm good championship defender and the reason he has been captain for so many games is that his name is regularly on the team sheet and basically nobody else can say that ( goalkeepers make pudding captains before anyone mentions them)

He does have a tendency to 'crack' by attempting to do too much. I also think he's better without the captaincy.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He does have a tendency to 'crack' by attempting to do too much. I also think he's better without the captaincy.

I am not saying he isn't a better player without the responsibility but he basically has been the only regular available player and trying to do too much may well be a player trying to inspire his teammates to improve thier game

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am not saying he isn't a better player without the responsibility but he basically has been the only regular available player and trying to do too much may well be a player trying to inspire his teammates to improve thier game

Yes it may be. But that's not captaining in my book. I wouldn't mind if he stays but I'd like a new captain in.

1 minute ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Isn't Marc Roberts a similar price? Would be far better than Hanley imo. 

Seen somewhere that Barnsley want £5m but could be bs though. I rate Roberts too. ? 

Archived