Grant Hanley - Signed for Norwich

Day

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't hear much anymore. 

But the from what I've heard today. I'd be amazed if we signed Hanley. 

Wisdom a lot more likely. 

Why would you be so amazed if Hanley signed? No worries if you cannot divulge any further.

Wisdom would be just the ticket for us, our defence would be solid.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why would you be so amazed if Hanley signed? No worries if you cannot divulge any further.

Wisdom would be just the ticket for us, our defence would be solid.

Fee and wages plus the fact we've got Davies now. 

Also Wisdom can play CB and RB equally as well and a RB is more of a priority. 

If you sign Davies and Wisdom, sell Christie and Pearce (least votes on poll). Not only would you be in profit (guesstimates) but be a stronger team for it.

Forsyth, Lowe, Davies, Keogh, Shackell, Wisdom, Baird should be enough. We're told Rowett wants to operate on a small squad. 

2 hours ago, Cardifframs said:

Hanley is one of brysons best mates

He has been in derby,but might be to do with brysons wedding

Hopefully its to sign for us

Pretty sure the wedding is in middle of the month in Scotland? Bryson mentioned about going to Scotland + wedding in his interview. 

Or it does make people thinks we're interested in them and ended signing someone else by surprise like Curtis Davies stuff. Which is Gary Rowett and MM actually very clever in this transfer market. 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I gather we're not signing Hanley, but what about wisdom, are we still interested? Is it even possible? Will we just have to wait and see? If only someone could give us the answers!

I suspect that the sagacious Rowett is indeed interested in Wisdom, but having bagged Davies, there may be issues around relative priorities and the need to keep spending and income balanced. GR talked yesterday about patience so Wisdom may take a little while yet. Important to avoid a bidding frenzy...Cyrus Christie may need to be offloaded. Rowett is aiming for a squad of 23...what size is it now with Weimann back and Davies just in...something like 33?:mellow:

34 minutes ago, David said:

Yes but this guy said there's a chance 

How do you know FalconRam is a guy? He could be a wild bird. I am picking you up before Stive lectures you on subconscious sexism. Really glad it was not CrowRam posting.

It sounds like Wisdom was our number 1 target, he made noises to suggest he was signing for Salzburg so we switched our attention to Hanley.

Maybe Wisdom changed his mind, hence his brothers tweet and we were aware of Davies availability for 500k.

4 million for Hanley or 4 million for Wisdom, I know which I'd rather have!

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

How do you know FalconRam is a guy? He could be a wild bird. I am picking you up before Stive lectures you on subconscious sexism. Really glad it was not CrowRam posting.

As we are talking about prejudice and stereotypes, please use the right term benevolent sexism. :p

Archived