Grant Hanley - Signed for Norwich

Day

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously?

I'm being deadly serious... You're saying that players from lower leagues who would cost around the same, are "Risk free". So if they're risk free and it doesn't matter if they flop or play unreal, Why doesn't Camara get that treatment if he only cost us £1.25m... 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

I'm being deadly serious... You're saying that players from lower leagues who would cost around the same, are "Risk free". So if they're risk free and it doesn't matter if they flop or play unreal, Why doesn't Camara get that treatment if he only cost us £1.25m... 

What treatment?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What treatment?

"he's not good enough" "He needs to leave the club" "Hopefully he never plays again" 

That's what people say about him, I'm not saying that I wouldn't be against him being sold. But people keep saying that we should be looking at cheap players to try and bring through to improve the squad for less than £1m. But they aren't patient enough to let a player develop. 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

"he's not good enough" "He needs to leave the club" "Hopefully he never plays again" 

That's what people say about him, I'm not saying that I wouldn't be against him being sold. But people keep saying that we should be looking at cheap players to try and bring through to improve the squad for less than £1m. But they aren't patient enough to let a player develop. 

The players who have come in with a 'reputation' and a big(gish) price tag are gonna get more stick if they fail than cheaper buys. Camara has had opportunity to prove himself, he's not gonna make it with us. If he was 5 years younger you might give him longer to develop, but he's not.

16 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

So why would any player who cost less than Camara be any better? 

Because price doesn't always dictate quality, circumstances dictate the price. You can have a good quality player in a lower league, but if they're in their final year of their contract, or out of contract they will be cheap, and may be a good quality player. There are many players in the lower leagues capable of making a step up if you take a punt on them, and many would cost less than Camara. Top players don't necessary cost the most. I.e Leicester and N'Golo Kante, Spurs and Dele Alli, Eric Dier. 

We've been playing over the odds for some ***** in previous windows, and we certainly could and should have made better, cheaper signings in lower leagues, instead of buying 'proven championship quality' which tends to be the same mediocre players recycled around clubs.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The players who have come in with a 'reputation' and a big(gish) price tag are gonna get more stick if they fail than cheaper buys. Camara has had opportunity to prove himself, he's not gonna make it with us. If he was 5 years younger you might give him longer to develop, but he's not.

I don't disagree. I would like to see Camara moved on and someone new brought in to replace him. 

11 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I'd imagine Huddersfield fans would suggest that Kachunga and Quaner were both more effective than Camara and both, oddly, cheaper.  Hefele was a free transfer.

Two players that I see fans saying we should buy in the shape of Barnsley's Roberts and Yiadom were also both free transfers.

Nigel Clough unearthed Jackson Irvine for £500k.

To suggest that you can't pick up a player who won't do a job for you for less than the fee is being wilfully naive.

13 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

The criticism is after he has played and had a chance, most on here were willing to give him that chance when he signed, same as if someone from lower leagues were signed, and we took a low cost gamble on them. If they were not good enough, after they have had an opportunity, then they would have the same things said about them as Camara is now.

11 hours ago, maydrakin said:

I'd imagine Huddersfield fans would suggest that Kachunga and Quaner were both more effective than Camara and both, oddly, cheaper.  Hefele was a free transfer.

Two players that I see fans saying we should buy in the shape of Barnsley's Roberts and Yiadom were also both free transfers.

Nigel Clough unearthed Jackson Irvine for £500k.

To suggest that you can't pick up a player who won't do a job for you for less than the fee is being wilfully naive.

Valid point... However i'm sure Huddersfield have some scouts within the German leagues popping around unearthing these players... There's a reason why we haven't had much success in the foreign leagues...

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Derby County are so far the only club to have tabled an offer for Hanley – at around £4m - and Newcastle will allow the ex-Blackburn Rovers man to talk to the Rams should no further offers be received this week.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-agree-87million-deal-sign-10553659

Didn't we sign a strapping centre half from Eibar once?:ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Topram said:

It's in the Mirror no need to worry mate 

Lol I know mate I just don't want him here and same goes for Flint. 

Roberts Kalas Bartley and maybe that defender from Preston forgot his name ? (Found his name and it's Boyle who I was on about by the way) These players are realistic ones IMO

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

FFS stay away from this donkey. 

Relax DEL.

If Rowett, as a former defender, fancies he can do a job for us, let's give the guy our full backing.

£4m for an international defender at peak age isn't that much.

If he signs, does this mean the end of any interest for Dumic or are we looking to offload one or two?

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Relax DEL.

If Rowett, as a former defender, fancies he can do a job for us, let's give the guy our full backing.

£4m for an international defender at peak age isn't that much.

If he signs, does this mean the end of any interest for Dumic or are we looking to offload one or two?

But Rowett said Wisdom £4m is too much means that's the same for this one right?  I don't rate Hanley sorry. 

18 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Lol I know mate I just don't want him here and same goes for Flint. 

Roberts Kalas Bartley and maybe that defender from Preston forgot his name ? (Found his name and it's Boyle who I was on about by the way) These players are realistic ones IMO

Those three would be top of my list, all worth making a few calls over for sure! 

On 30/05/2017 at 08:54, Gaspode said:

That suggestion is a little cheesy....

Oh for the days when we had kinkladze,, easily up to the quality of chelsea s players , I would go as far as saying he was the Georgian zola 

Archived