Grant Hanley - Signed for Norwich

Day

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

You'd think so. There always seems to be some silly buggers around though. Us for the last 2 seasons. Villa last year. Might we see someone else emerge this year?

My bet are on Wolves and Hull. Of course latter needs the manager first.

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

My bet are on Wolves and Hull. Of course latter needs the manager first.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Both need a manager at the minute.

Think with this been the case, We will be much further infront of any other club. Clubs without a manager will be asking about him but the player himself will want reassurance that he will be used next year when a new manager comes in. 

PistoldPete2

Well either they need to give him away or else he needs to take a big pay cut.or both... Or hope a premier team comes in for him which seems unlikely as he didn't play much for newcastle in the championship.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

People want change for that to happen we need to spend.

Spending is what got us in the mess we're in now. The best (in my humble opinion) squad of the new derby era was one that cost very little to put together. 

Its clear spending big won't work, spending smart will. That's not to say we shouldn't buy anyone expensive, but rather to look around other markets also.

On 2017-5-30 at 20:06, B4ev6is said:

I am not saying spend that amount on one player but over 3 or 4 players.

What? Spend £4m over 4 players? I'd love to know what players you can coup at £1m a player... We'd be able to buy league 2 standard players at best. 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

What? Spend £4m over 4 players? I'd love to know what players you can coup at £1m a player... We'd be able to buy league 2 standard players at best. 

Not saying we could do it but it's definitely possible. You just wouldn't go for the bloody obvious players like BJ and JB that we've signed in the past. 

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Not saying we could do it but it's definitely possible. You just wouldn't go for the bloody obvious players like BJ and JB that we've signed in the past. 

I know what you mean, but realistically we wouldn't be able to sign 4 players who would be able to step up in a team like ours for £1m each...

Just now, RamsPolls said:

I know what you mean, but realistically we wouldn't be able to sign 4 players who would be able to step up in a team like ours for £1m each...

??? Err but lots of our 'team' cost less than a Barker and the ones that look most lost are the ones that cost lots...

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Ah but football is so easy. All those £1mill players would be like a bryson or a Barker and be superb signings and mainstay of the club. None of them might flop and be a waste of money. Simple isn't it?

Didn't you get the memo from "scouting 101. A fans handbook"

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

??? Err but lots of our 'team' cost less than a Barker and the ones that look most lost are the ones that cost lots...

3 minutes ago, KBB said:

Ah but football is so easy. All those £1mill players would be like a bryson or a Barker and be superb signings and mainstay of the club. None of them might flop and be a waste of money. Simple isn't it?

Didn't you get the memo from "scouting 101. A fans handbook"

You will not get a player who can improve a team to push on for promotion for less than £1m... Not even the Scottish leagues will cost you less nowadays. Camara cost us £1.25m, so why is he a flop like everyone is saying? People say that these sort of signings are risk free and it doesn't matter if they flop or play superb, so why is Camara any different!! 

The market is hugely inflated due to TV money nowadays and clubs don't need to sell anymore... They don't need to sell players to balance the books. There's no way you could find a player who will improve this team for less than £1m...

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Camara cost us £1.25m, so why is he a flop like everyone is saying? People say that these sort of signings are risk free and it doesn't matter if they flop or play superb, so why is Camara any different!! 

He's a flop because he's not good enough. But we'll maybe be able to get a good amount back if we sell him, like with Albentosa.

How much do you think we'd get back on Vydra, Blackman, Butterfield and Johnson?

Edit: anyway the point was/is do they fit, will they be good enough? Not how much they cost. Not convinced we need to spend silly sums on players & their wages at this stage. We need to get a team together.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's a flop because he's not good enough. But we'll maybe be able to get a good amount back if we sell him, like with Albentosa.

How much do you think we'd get back on Vydra, Blackman, Butterfield and Johnson?

So why would any player who cost less than Camara be any better? 

Vydra & Johnson are very important to this team. Vydra has a very very intelligent football brain and once he starts scoring regularly he won't stop. Johnson has been very impressive last season and I don't get anyone who says that he hasn't been worth the money we paid for him. 

Blackman HASN'T been given a chance in this team, he's barely played for us. I wouldn't be against him being sold as I didn't want us to sign him anyway because he has a horrendous scoring record in this league but I would also like to see him given a chance. 

Butterfield is a weird one, he has shown moments of brilliance in his first season, but his second season he didn't do anything really... I would be looking to offload him this summer to a promoted team, we'd probably be able to get around £3m for him.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We do if they don't fit in with GRs plans. ;)

Also Vydra is in GR's plans. He said this before. Not too sure on Blackman & Butterfield tho... 

Archived