Mel interview

Day

12 hours ago, ramblur said:

Not that  you could begin to accuse the previous owners of that,I hasten to add! They clearly wanted to make a profit,and overall they  probably would have deserved to (don't ask me if they did,because I've no intention of looking into it,as I won't be downloading Sevco accounts).

My feeling s also , the previous owners appeared to want to build up the club ( a little too slowly for some ?) and make a profit whilst leaving the club in a healthier state than when they bought it .

thats one way ,another is the owners who come in and flood it with masses of money and want to move extremely fast tontheir goal , Blackburn , Chelsea , Man City style ,Mel appears to be somewhere in the middle of these two , yes Compared to the investment in Derby for a long time he is lumping in but by the same token it's not on those massive obscene scales of some but that kind of investment is a bit more risky as if it doesn't come off and the investor walks away it can leave the club up the creek .

the truth is it's easy for us fans to sit and pick holes in mel and his methods but it's not a simple job and there are no guarantees so for me I have to make my judgement on whether he is investing and trying to make us better or is he selling assets and not replacing them , scamming money to the point where you think here's a decent sized club with good gate money ,not spending just selling but debts growing rapidly as we have seen with us in the past and plenty of other clubs ,, Coventry springs to mind ,    As such I'm prepared to cut mel some slack in terms of crucifying him for any perceived mistakes

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'll cut Mel slack for getting stuff wrong...

...cos his hearts in the right place. It bleeds black & white! :)

He is like a stick of rock, Derby County through and through.

It is nice to have a wealthy owner who is actually a fan of the club, because there are not many out there.

1 hour ago, archied said:

My feeling s also , the previous owners appeared to want to build up the club ( a little too slowly for some ?) and make a profit whilst leaving the club in a healthier state than when they bought it .

thats one way ,another is the owners who come in and flood it with masses of money and want to move extremely fast tontheir goal , Blackburn , Chelsea , Man City style ,Mel appears to be somewhere in the middle of these two , yes Compared to the investment in Derby for a long time he is lumping in but by the same token it's not on those massive obscene scales of some but that kind of investment is a bit more risky as if it doesn't come off and the investor walks away it can leave the club up the creek .

the truth is it's easy for us fans to sit and pick holes in mel and his methods but it's not a simple job and there are no guarantees so for me I have to make my judgement on whether he is investing and trying to make us better or is he selling assets and not replacing them , scamming money to the point where you think here's a decent sized club with good gate money ,not spending just selling but debts growing rapidly as we have seen with us in the past and plenty of other clubs ,, Coventry springs to mind ,    As such I'm prepared to cut mel some slack in terms of crucifying him for any perceived mistakes

Exactly.

The fans who are ripping Mel apart and even want him to go never criticise signings, club decisions etc at the time, they use hindsight and limited knowledge to tell him what he should have done.

I would love to see us go up next year and a grin on Mel's face from ear to ear.

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'll cut Mel slack for getting stuff wrong...

...cos his hearts in the right place. It bleeds black & white! :)

Interesting - would your opinion be a lot different if his name was Massimo Mellino and he had no attachment to the club whatsoever? 

53 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Interesting - would your opinion be a lot different if his name was Massimo Mellino and he had no attachment to the club whatsoever? 

No. That's what I said. Mel is attempting to do what he feels is best for our club, he is a Ram! What is Massimo up to?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yes of course it would ,, why would nt it ? We don't have an owner who really knows nothing about the club ,it's supporters , the area ,it's history , we don't have an owner new to English football and indeed championship football , we don't have an owner who will disappear off into the sunset , he's a local man/ fan who has attended games for years and shared our ups and downs and I'm certain will be doing just that when/ if he is no longer owner ,

the worst we can say about mel is that he may be guilty of making over passionate impatient decisions because he is such a big fan of Derby but before we run off with that idea let's give it some time , with Sam rush looking like being moved on ?? It could well be that what some are seeing as negative qualities in mel may well given time turn out to be the best qualities in him for Derby , he inherited rush and yes was glowing about him at the start but he may well have become less and less impressed by him and his way of doing things and wants things done his way ,,, it's beyond doubt that Mel has strong views on the club and his expectations are high and if north met in his eyes he gets rid quick smart ,,, rather than a negative this may well turn out to be the strength that gets Derby where he wants them to be ,, only time will tell ,

one thing I'm sure off is that he will not stand for anybody ,player/ manager / employee / efl taking the pxxs out of Derby 

On 2017-5-2 at 07:51, David said:

Fixed the spaces for you, felt like I aged a couple years whilst scrolling down it all

I apologise ! 

Isn't the net all about communication tho ? 

So if my grammar sucks .. but you understand ..ect ect ect .... 

I'm just sensing a bit of SPACISM here ! lol 

Hey I love DCFC too ya know ! 

I don't think that Mel has done anything wrong (apart from the dressing room incident) He's

obviously aware that he is not a football professional, and so has employed  Advisors/Managers

to make the ultimate decisions on formations, tactics, and new players - and obviously doesn't feel

that some of the decisions made, have been in the sole interest of Derby County Football club. If I

was Mel that would be my absolute minimum requirement for any position!  100% loyalty.

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I really enjoy making them, as I'm sure @reveldevil does. However, I'm fairly certain that @wixman1884 would wipe the floor with us. We're just amateurs whose attempts are comically bad:p.

In fairness, he ain't winning Oscars by using PhotoHacker on a Samsung S5.

I think the diy approach has its own charm!

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

It's 3 dots... not 2.. not 4....

And it's etc.

Does an ellipses have to have three dots?

And even when it has three dots, can it be followed by a full stop?

And can I start my sentence with 'and'?

ect ....

Archived