Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Bristol City have been linked previously to Hugill who was rumoured at 9m at the time so maybe they could turn their attentions to Martin? Seems like they could afford him

If it was up to me I wouldnt sell Martin at all unless he wanted to leave

Totally agree, think Coldplay could still have a big part to play this season, especially if we pick up a couple of injuries/suspensions....

12 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Bristol City have been linked previously to Hugill who was rumoured at 9m at the time so maybe they could turn their attentions to Martin? Seems like they could afford him

If it was up to me I wouldnt sell Martin at all unless he wanted to leave

I don't want to see him go but BristolCty would be the perfect team for him the way they play The fee wouldn't be a problem they have very very rich owners 

16 hours ago, Papahet said:

Cant see him leaving, nobody has the money bar Wolves. Imagine he'd be on a fortune after the contract renewal.

Boro maybe, Pulis likes a big target man although I think theyve got Gestede in that mould anyway.

And Martin’s not even six foot…

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

The link to Reading is an interesting one. They need a goalscorer and Martin's style of play suits theirs...but I don't see them paying what I assume we'd want.

Reading paid 7.5million for aluko in the summer, you'd say anything like that for Martin would be pretty good going 

Reading are a possession team under Staam so that makes sense - and I always had an incline that Fulham might come back for him as he did okay there, and he himself claimed he liked the place. The club was more annoyed at us (the peeps that tried to lure him back early) then Martin per se. We are no doubt dangling him out there and it looks like Sunderland have bitten too. If the connections are true he will play no part v Man U one would think 

6 hours ago, Kernow said:

Chris Coleman has said he will only be signing players on loan as he doesn't have money to spend. Suspect this link at least is lazy journalism.

Would be shocked and disappointed if we loaned him out again.

I notice Sunderland have just sent Grabban back though. So have a vacancy...

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Would you go as well when he goes and continue the Martin hate elsewhere?:D

No. No. And No.

:wub: You’re stuck with me baby. Your pseudo appreciation for Martin is a bit surprising since you’re a football man, GR.

Archived