( and a Leicester shirt)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Really?!?

p.s. I hated seeing bobby davison in a Leeds shirt

( and a Leicester shirt)

Not in reality but they refused to play him when they were going into freefall which would have meant we kept getting chunks of money every so many games so we never got the quoted fee ( possibly similar to what we are doing with Anya ?)

54 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Really?!?

p.s. I hated seeing bobby davison in a Leeds shirt

( and a Leicester shirt)

If he's not appreciated by rowett here or by some of the fan base (less of a concern to him,I'm sure) then I'm pretty sure he's liable to go for any competitor who pays him well and gives him a regular start....Leeds included.

Jamie ward bloody hated forest but still went there after we ditched him.....most footballers just want to play football and get a decent wage after all.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Hasta La Vista ! baby. :D

Imagine how you are going to feel when he signs for leeds and scores the winner in the play off final against us, wheeling away kissing the badge.

30 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Imagine how you are going to feel when he signs for leeds and scores the winner in the play off final against us, wheeling away kissing the badge.

Hahaha ... you been having mares? He ain’t scoring squat.

Leeds get the handbag - an established champ level chump - we get the moolah ... 

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think its the Mrs Ninos in a Leeds shirt that'll really sting.

I tend to find very few if any men who hide  behind a keyboard, spewing vitriol and hatred towards Players, actually have a Mrs

It is possibly not a bad time to sell Chris Martin provided Sheffield Wednesday don't have a recall clause on Sam Winnall. Clearly Chris isn't Rowett's cup of tea otherwise he would start more games. At 29 he has some transfer value and probably doesn't have sufficient pace to play in the Premier League-at least not in the current formation.

11 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I tend to find very few if any men who hide  behind a keyboard, spewing vitriol and hatred towards Players, actually have a Mrs

or a life.

4 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It is possibly not a bad time to sell Chris Martin provided Sheffield Wednesday don't have a recall clause on Sam Winnall. Clearly Chris isn't Rowett's cup of tea otherwise he would start more games. At 29 he has some transfer value and probably doesn't have sufficient pace to play in the Premier League-at least not in the current formation.

I think you're right. I have nothing against Martin. He is a clever and skilled footballer at this level and has scored a sackfull of goals for us. He doesn't seem to fit with GR's plans/style but as that has got us to 2nd place then GR is the man calling the shots. It might be different if we were struggling. I really dislike the aggressive  for / against Martin vibe on here, its so pointless and unconstructive. 

I think there is something odd contractually as someone else has said but I will say that pro or anti CM on the rare occasions he has been on the pitch has got stuck in like a real pro. If he stays then fine by me, a useful player in our squad, if he goes then good luck and I hope we get some dosh and use it well.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think from a hard nosed point of view Rowett and the team needs a younger upgrade from David Nugent. If that means Chris Martin moving on then so be it. Some on here are too emotional. 

Not sure there are many on here who are too emotional to be honest. If he doesn't fit into Rowetts' plans long term then it makes sense, if a decent offer comes in, to let him go - he's far too good a player, in the right set-up, to continually be sitting on the bench but with very little actual game time.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

I think you're right. I have nothing against Martin. He is a clever and skilled footballer at this level and has scored a sackfull of goals for us. He doesn't seem to fit with GR's plans/style but as that has got us to 2nd place then GR is the man calling the shots. It might be different if we were struggling. I really dislike the aggressive  for / against Martin vibe on here, its so pointless and unconstructive. 

I think there is something odd contractually as someone else has said but I will say that pro or anti CM on the rare occasions he has been on the pitch has got stuck in like a real pro. If he stays then fine by me, a useful player in our squad, if he goes then good luck and I hope we get some dosh and use it well.

I like Chris Martin as a player. However with Nugent, Winnall, and Bent to return to fitness it appears we have enough strikers. Martin is an asset who could be sold for a decent fee and be replaced by someone with more future potential. Alternatively the money could be spent on a central midfield player.

I can understand that Chris Martin could find another club that will have a system that suits him better, where he'd be first choice, and we'd get a decent fee we could use to bolster our new way of playing. But to slag him off, or claim he's a "champ level chump" and such like is nonsense. Ninos is rightly under siege because he's been spouting this drivel for the last 3 years or so... even when Martin was scoring for fun and the focal point of the team.... theres been a few managers in between those days mind. and a just a handful of other factors. theres honestly nothing more boring than reading the same thing over and over again from someone who obviously holds a grudge

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can understand that Chris Martin could find another club that will have a system that suits him better, where he'd be first choice, and we'd get a decent fee we could use to bolster our new way of playing. But to slag him off, or claim he's a "champ level chump" and such like is nonsense. Ninos is rightly under siege because he's been spouting this drivel for the last 3 years or so... even when Martin was scoring for fun and the focal point of the team.... theres been a few managers in between those days mind. and a just a handful of other factors. theres honestly nothing more boring than reading the same thing over and over again from someone who obviously holds a grudge

I would prefer to see Chris Martin playing for us. However Rowett is in a position due to the stupidity of previous managers that he has to sell to buy. Bent is out of contract at the end of the season, Winnall isn't our player and Nugent is commanding a first team place. Hence Martin is an under-used asset who may be use to other clubs such as Leeds or Fulham. Every player has a limited shelf life.

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I would prefer to see Chris Martin playing for us. However Rowett is in a position due to the stupidity of previous managers that he has to sell to buy. Bent is out of contract at the end of the season, Winnall isn't our player and Nugent is commanding a first team place. Hence Martin is an under-used asset who may be use to other clubs such as Leeds or Fulham. Every player has a limited shelf life.

so you agree then

He was a 20+ goal a season player for 3 seasons, not many can say that, and he deserves

to be able to play regularly. Hope someone comes in for him with a good bid, and wish him

all the best. Prefer the system we have now, and hopefully it will get us to the promised land.

Archived