Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What we play now.

Winning football, great goal difference do not concede and score plenty, score some excellent goals, defeated I think twice in sixteen or seventeen games, 2nd with 20 games to play, I think we are playing the game very well. But some people just love to moan, moan, moan, I for one am enjoying how the season is going.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Almost every time. Clement? Rowett didn't have a mess, he had lots of choice.

Really? He was ******* by financial fair play, had to sell our two best players and had to resolve the balance of our midfield while working around an aging squad. And he’s got us in second place. Yet you still give him no credit?

1 hour ago, archied said:

Your wasting your time , Roy doesn’t accept rowett and never will , he wanted to keep mac and that’s that ,, it’s his right to hold that opinion and never change it , once you get your head round that it’s easier to just accept that’s his view and no point trying to debate or reason with him over it 

You know your subject very well. Where did you study Proctology?

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Really? He was ******* by financial fair play, had to sell our two best players and had to resolve the balance of our midfield while working around an aging squad. And he’s got us in second place. Yet you still give him no credit?

Aging squad?

I think he ain't that worried about it as he sold Hughes, 22, Ince, 25 and Christie, 24 while bringing in Davies, Huddlestone, and Ledley.

6 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Aging squad?

I think he ain't that worried about it as he sold Hughes, 22, Ince, 25 and Christie, 24 while bringing in Davies, Huddlestone, and Ledley.

You could also say 

Sold Ince 25, bought Lawrence 23
Sold Christie 24, bought Wisdom 24
Sold Hughes 22, bought Kieftenbeld 27 Ledley 30

Shackell 34 out the picture, Davies 32 in
Anya 29 out the picture, Huddlestone 30 in

9 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

Just to put the record straight, we didn’t have incredibly bad luck at Wembley. McLaren’s team had half an hour playing against 10 men and didn’t come close to scoring

Are you for real or just not sober 

48 minutes ago, David said:

You could also say 

Sold Ince 25, bought Lawrence 23
Sold Christie 24, bought Wisdom 24
Sold Hughes 22, bought Kieftenbeld 27 Ledley 30

Shackell 34 out the picture, Davies 32 in
Anya 29 out the picture, Huddlestone 30 in

Yeah you could. Still doesn't look like him being worried about the age of the squad.

BTW I don't mind about it either. I actually prefer experienced goalkeeper and centrebacks.

I just find it sad that we're 2nd in the table and Chris Martin lack of game time appears to the the motivation behind the criticism of Rowett who is thrown into this weird McClaren death bowl match up.

Steve McClaren was a very good head coach for Derby, he took us 90 minutes away from the main target. Should he have been sacked/reappointed/sacked or not you can argue that until the end of time, fact is he was and no longer the Derby head coach. Chances of him returning to Derby are pretty much zero, it really is time to move on.

Gary Rowett is a very good manager, took a poor Birmingham City team to the brink of the play offs and now Derby into 2nd, those that cannot give him any credit for the job and look to downplay or snipe at every decision and word spoke are quite simply embarrassing themselves.

It's ok not to enjoy a style of football, football can be played in many ways, there is no right or wrongs, but to not give credit where credit is due comes down to pride which when you really stop to think about it, it's ridiculous, sat behind a keyboard, a username and a photo pulled from Google Images.

The bloke is on for 2 manager of the month awards already this season, poor, ****, crap, whatever you want to call it managers do not win those regardless of the players at their disposal ask Nigel Pearson how many he won..

Chris Martin, quality striker at this level that is proven in games played and goals scored, scored one in every 218 minutes across his career, 1 in 2.5 games. Many different types of strikers, poachers or those that cover more miles than Mo Farah, each will fit a style that you enjoy to watch and that's fine, it's football, but to discredit him as a footballer and go around berating him like some kind of donkey is only making you look just as foolish as those discrediting Rowett.

We have had some absolute woeful footballers and managers walk through the doors at Pride Park, McClaren, Rowett and Martin are not 3 of those, in fact all 3 of those have played a part in taking this club from scrapping the drop to realistic return to the Premier League and in time, when internet trolling and male pride wear off, will all be remembered fondly and rightly so.

Finally, to state the bleeding obvious there was a Derby County long before these 3 and there will still be a Derby County long after they have gone, players, managers comes and go, if you find it hard to say goodbye maybe football isn't the sport for you as it's brutal out there. 

Also, I think we'll see Martin more often in the second half of this season if he doesn't leave this month.

When he came on against Sheff Utd, I saw him sprint to press a defender who was looking for a pass. Now I may well be mis-remembering, but it took me surprise, I couldn't think of a time I'd seen him do that before. That tells me he's putting effort in to get back into the team.

I reckon he'll get there.

If he does leave this month, or doesn't get back in the team. I wish him all the best. He's been a good servant of the club, has been the source of much merriment, and deserves nowt but credit for what he's done.

1 hour ago, David said:

I just find it sad that we're 2nd in the table and Chris Martin lack of game time appears to the the motivation behind the criticism of Rowett who is thrown into this weird McClaren death bowl match up.

Steve McClaren was a very good head coach for Derby, he took us 90 minutes away from the main target. Should he have been sacked/reappointed/sacked or not you can argue that until the end of time, fact is he was and no longer the Derby head coach. Chances of him returning to Derby are pretty much zero, it really is time to move on.

Gary Rowett is a very good manager, took a poor Birmingham City team to the brink of the play offs and now Derby into 2nd, those that cannot give him any credit for the job and look to downplay or snipe at every decision and word spoke are quite simply embarrassing themselves.

It's ok not to enjoy a style of football, football can be played in many ways, there is no right or wrongs, but to not give credit where credit is due comes down to pride which when you really stop to think about it, it's ridiculous, sat behind a keyboard, a username and a photo pulled from Google Images.

The bloke is on for 2 manager of the month awards already this season, poor, ****, crap, whatever you want to call it managers do not win those regardless of the players at their disposal ask Nigel Pearson how many he won..

Chris Martin, quality striker at this level that is proven in games played and goals scored, scored one in every 218 minutes across his career, 1 in 2.5 games. Many different types of strikers, poachers or those that cover more miles than Mo Farah, each will fit a style that you enjoy to watch and that's fine, it's football, but to discredit him as a footballer and go around berating him like some kind of donkey is only making you look just as foolish as those discrediting Rowett.

We have had some absolute woeful footballers and managers walk through the doors at Pride Park, McClaren, Rowett and Martin are not 3 of those, in fact all 3 of those have played a part in taking this club from scrapping the drop to realistic return to the Premier League and in time, when internet trolling and male pride wear off, will all be remembered fondly and rightly so.

Finally, to state the bleeding obvious there was a Derby County long before these 3 and there will still be a Derby County long after they have gone, players, managers comes and go, if you find it hard to say goodbye maybe football isn't the sport for you as it's brutal out there. 

To be honest I think some of the discrediting of Rowett is nothing more than setting a little bait in which people are very quick to bite to. It’s not really helpful to either side of the argument, neither is the constant comparisons to Mclarens team, or that he can only play one way (that’s not aimed at you, just in general).

Id much rather we were talking about Martin’s attributes and whether there is a place for him in this team now. I think it’s at least relevant considering what I’ve seen the last two home games, how people have talked about the Hull game and Nugent’s overall form in recent games. I think we are starting to need that hold up player or else the ball will keep coming back. Think we are slightly in danger of becoming a little one dimensional again (ie, only having a plan a)

To say that Martin hasn’t been given a fair crack is not strictly true.

when you look at his game time alone it would back up that statement but the reality is we have 3 very good centre forwards and when you get your chance you have to make it count and Nugent did and so has Winnall and the fact it hasn’t, quite happened for CM when he has played is why he,s not starting , that’s what healthy competition is all about .That doesn’t mean to say he won’t contribute more as the season goes on but at this moment in time he rightfully finds himself on the outside looking in, good player that he is.

some people just think he should get more game time when Nugent and Winnall have shown they produce better results so far....

i personally think Martin will have a spell where he shows what he is capable of doing and that will  hopefully only make Nugent and Winnall hungrier to win there place back and show they can make an impact from the bench something that unfortunately Martin has not done so far this season for me.

none the less many teams in this division would be quite envious of our options 

?? 

All this beating about the bush to make people happy is a bunch of junk designed to get likes. It’s pathetic frankly. Are people not watching the games or what ?

Martin is dead weight and needs shipping and any honest fan can see it on the pitch plain as day. He’s the least effective striker which is why he’s fourth choice and he’s only a choice at all because some believe he was effective years ago: he’s getting game time based on reputation and a desire to maintain his market value. He offers next to nothing currently.

Truth is this guy is to the forward line what Butterfield was to the midfield: a go nowhere liability. In his good spell he proved he couldn’t produce when it mattered and in the past 2 years at Derby that he can’t produce regularly. He needs a change of scenery. 

As to Mac, well Mcclaren is a far more useless manager than Martin is a player. He loved Bent, hated Vydra, which says everything. And his epic failures are well documented. The poor argument that he was bad elsewhere but had a magic at Derby - that it fit - is bogus. He was a fun coach who only knew to play one way - that’s it and that’s not good, not in today’s game. 

Finally, Rowett is excellent. What he’s done so far is a miracle. I don’t like some of the calls he makes - mostly to do with not introducing more young ones faster - like Thomas - but he’s tactically astute and no one would have gotten results out of this hodge podge of players of ours like he has - saw Butterfield for what he was and swapped him for Winnall, brought in Curtis Davies, and transformed Vyds into the best player in the division. Also did a number on Baird, Weimann, and raised the game of pretty much every player tbf. All this without upsetting the balance sheet. On preserving a win, the other day he ended the match with SIX defenders and two defensive midfielders. That was obvious but brilliant. Secured 3 points. Job done. Love him! 

Only one main player hasnt responded to GR - it’s this one - the one who has remained a dud. If he doesn’t go he needs to really step it up a level: I’ve seen him work hard before so I know he can do it. But he doesn’t. Most contract comfy player ever.

Being a passenger in the starting lineup may make several cats on this forum happy but not me sorry. He needs to play his part, work, excel, and that does not mean hold a ball up and make one good back pass, it means wreak havoc on defences because he’s so dominant.

People on here have low thresholds for this guy. They need to play fair and raise the bar for him too: Vydra loses the ball one time and he’s terrible - Martin loses the ball in a bad area that leads to a Carson wonder save and it’s not even mentioned. Weird.

Spot on last post it's because he was top scorer for 3 seasons and fans can't get past it. The guy could go all season without scoring and most fans on here wouldn't bat an eyelid yet his record last 2 seasons is terrible in fact not much better or possibly worse than Russell's yet he gets slated all the time 

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

All th

Martin is dead weight and needs shipping and any honest fan can see it on the pitch plain as day. He’s the least effective striker which is why he’s fourth choice and he’s only a choice at all because some believe he was effective years ago: he’s getting game time based on reputation and a desire to maintain his market value. He offers next to nothing currently.

??? some believe? 60 goals in those 3 season would say it’s pretty believable! 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Spot on last post it's because he was top scorer for 3 seasons and fans can't get past it. The guy could go all season without scoring and most fans on here wouldn't bat an eyelid yet his record last 2 seasons is terrible in fact not much better or possibly worse than Russell's yet he gets slated all the time 

1 goal every 3 games last year me duck, not too bothered about fighting his case this year as we’ve got options which excel in a new system but I don’t see any need to lie just to fit an argument. 

9 minutes ago, Saity said:

He loved Bent, hated Vydra, which says everything.

Vydra didn’t fit into Macs 4-3-3 system simple as that... and he would never have bought him fir the same reason ... doesn’t mean he hated him ....

Lionel Messi wouldn’t fit into Macs system ... now draw your conclusion, then guess what mine would be ... 

For the record Ninos I never write anything on here for the likes .... I couldn’t care less if everyone disliked or liked what I write..... it doesn’t bother me I don’t know anyone on here!??

If it were my choice I would sell Martin in January and bring in someone more hungry but quicker than Martin  or go the other way and get more experience and try for a loan bid for Danny Ings as I think we need 3 good strikers and Nugent is 32 and someone could get injured.

all I was saying was it’s not accurate to say CM hasn’t been given a chance 

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Lionel Messi wouldn’t fit into Macs system ... now draw your conclusion, then guess what mine would be ... 

Other than burning Martin at the stake, I doubt anybody exists on a stream of consciousness close enough to yours to be able to even hazard a guess.

Archived