Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Or maybe Ed Dawes knows more than we do...................

Doubt it. I tend to take what he says with a pinch of salt - even more so since Owen Bradley left. OB was the calming influence, neutralising much of the drivel spouted by Dawes but now he's off the leash.

Apologies for going off topic.

15 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Don't see Martin going to Wolves now.. sorry Ninos.

Stellar signing, Mir.

Wolves are getting top quality; Neves now him. I’m jealous. Let’s pray that we are not stuck with the washed up booby prize while our rivals keep improving.

9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Wolves are getting top quality; Neves now him. I’m jealous. Let’s pray that we are not stuck with the washed up booby prize while our rivals keep improving.

5a4e1f2557a05_Deadhorse.gif.466895ecba7446f8a6ce9e52e3f47a68.gif

34 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I don't think even if we had the same money we would be able to draw anything close to the quality Wolves are getting. Not just about the money, about the people involved.

I'll keep more of an eye on the others in the top 10 as the 'rivals' we don't want to let get ahead of us.

Wolves are not, effectively, our competition any longer. It's just a question of how many points they accumulate and win the league by. They are racing against their own potential. Who they sign is largely irrelevant. 

As for Martin, it's Rowett who decides formation, style of play and dictates what he wants out of players on that basis. If Martin doesn't fit the bill and Rowett wants him out then I've no issue with that. If on the other hand Rowett sees something in Martin he thinks he has use of and wants him to stay, I can live with that too.

Rowett lives and dies by his decisions. The buck stops with him. He has us second with, Wolves aside, the best goal difference, most goals scored and least conceded. So far, on the whole, he has proven to have sound judgement and I'm more than happy to let that be the case with the Martin situation as well. 

Other opinions are available...

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Like how Mir says he come to the one of the largest clubs in England - ho ho 

Mir than he bargained for.....

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Excuse my ignorance but I've never heard of him!

(The Wolves guy not Chris Martin............He plays for Cold Play)

Most people haven't.

I assume he's good, because it's Wolves - they've done pretty well with players I've not heard of this season.

But looking him up he's a Valencia B player. So more of a prospect (at 20 y.o) than someone who's currently good.

54 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Cant see him leaving, nobody has the money bar Wolves. Imagine he'd be on a fortune after the contract renewal.

Boro maybe, Pulis likes a big target man although I think theyve got Gestede in that mould anyway.

Chris is not a big target man though ,,, he is a link up striker that drops deep to receive balls to feet and lay it off

Bristol City have been linked previously to Hugill who was rumoured at 9m at the time so maybe they could turn their attentions to Martin? Seems like they could afford him

If it was up to me I wouldnt sell Martin at all unless he wanted to leave

Archived