Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

For the record Ninos I never write anything on here for the likes .... I couldn’t care less if everyone disliked or liked what I write..... it doesn’t bother me I don’t know anyone on here!??

If it were my choice I would sell Martin in January and bring in someone more hungry but quicker than Martin  or go the other way and get more experience and try for a loan bid for Danny Ings as I think we need 3 good strikers and Nugent is 32 and someone could get injured.

all I was saying was it’s not accurate to say CM hasn’t been given a chance 

We’ve probably never in our history had three more lethal, prolific performing strikers at the start of a season - than Vydra Winnall and Nugent - they’ve ferociously grabbed their chances. They’re unstoppable.  We should be delighted. Martin was the seasons starting striker was he not and how did we get on? He hasn’t had a lot of chances lately I’ll concede that but that’s because of what the others are doing but GR continues to give him sporadic minutes, but when he’s given the chance he offers the least you could possibly expect.

Derby are scoring and winning and regularly smashing the best teams in this league and the Mcclaren/Martin admirers are still complaining. You do the maths, mate.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

NICE POST nino

I didn't want Martin ( le sulk ) back , I also said get rid of Hughes and ince . 

I was labelled an idiot and a wind up merchant most stupist post of the year lol .

I smile now !! when I look back and look at where we are now.

On a further note if GR goes to stoke he must want his head looking at , just because there prem doesn't mean a manager should go , you have to way up the facts that GR feels an affection for Derby , that he has them on a roll , would you really want to go from a buzzing dressing room to a depressed one . Me if I was going to do that it would have to be to a bigger club than stoke to leave derby in this position.

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Derby are scoring and winning and regularly smashing the best teams in this league and the Mcclaren/Martin admirers are still complaining. You do the maths, mate.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Other than burning Martin at the stake, I doubt anybody exists on a stream of consciousness close enough to yours to be able to even hazard a guess.

Hehehe. Welcome back, Captain Fan Basher. You’re funny. Good to see you again. 

My point was that benching a great player because he doesn’t fit is not the sign of a good manager is it. A closed minded Mcclaren inherited Vydra and saw nothing. To the bench he went. An open minded Rowett inherited Vydra and saw the best number 10 in the division - what’s Messi but a number 10. Look what happened : Vydra is the scourge of the division.

Do you prefer Mcclarens Vydra or Rowetts Vydra ? 

Just now, Ninos said:

All Mcclaren ever did was lay eggs so he’s a chicken and therefore the chicken came first 

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe you're the chicken that's laying eggs across the forum on Martin? Then act so surprised when they start hatching around you squawking back.

Martin doesn't fit this system you are correct, he will have to adapt or move on, if he fails to adapt that does not make him a bad striker, his record speaks for itself, yes he's had poor spells, show me a striker that hasn't at this level. The way you go on we've got a donkey with 2 left feet which clearly isn't the case.

Maybe stop laying those eggs and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe you're the chicken that's laying eggs across the forum on Martin? Then act so surprised when they start hatching around you squawking back.

Martin doesn't fit this system you are correct, he will have to adapt or move on, if he fails to adapt that does not make him a bad striker, his record speaks for itself, yes he's had poor spells, show me a striker that hasn't at this level. The way you go on we've got a donkey with 2 left feet which clearly isn't the case.

Maybe stop laying those eggs and see what happens.

Donkeys have four feet. You’re confusing them with da chickens !

I gave you a clap @Ninos for your monologue above, as l thought it a good, enjoyable read. Not that l agree with it line for line, but the general thrust l can go with.  

In many ways l feel regret for Chris Martin the way things appear to be turning out. Been a very good servant of the club, and in the right system remains a top end championship striker. He would for instance be a good fit still at Fulham, or in teams like Reading or Brizzle who are happy to play pretty triangles. Rowett’s approach is much more linear; not often pretty on the eye, but clearly effective.  

Bottom line Martin no longer fits at Derby, and at this point Rowett has earned the opportunity to continue his project.  Hence l am pretty sure if he can Rowett will be looking for a more direct player (a younger Nugent) to replace Martin this window, or (if that not possible) in the Summer.  Shame for Martin who l think loves the club, shame for fans who love seeing pretty triangles, but not a shame at all in my view if we secure promotion this season (or next). 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Being a passenger in the starting lineup may make several cats on this forum happy but not me sorry. 

Not really worthy of a response that rant. We've been over it a trillion times before with you. What is bizarre is the random moments you choose to launch your attacks. You having a bad day chicken?

latest.gif.b61b15a0ada4065b8fd0e6b0b825b93e.gif

Has there actually been anything on Martin leaving during this transfer window other than someone saying Wolves may put a bid in because they tried to at the end of the last window? 

Annoyed with Ed Dawes trying his best to convince people that Martin is going before the game on Monday, saying that if Martin comes on it will probably be his last at Pride Park in a Derby shirt. Absolutely no need for comments like that.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Has there actually been anything on Martin leaving during this transfer window other than someone saying Wolves may put a bid in because they tried to at the end of the last window? 

Annoyed with Ed Dawes trying his best to convince people that Martin is going before the game on Monday, saying that if Martin comes on it will probably be his last at Pride Park in a Derby shirt. Absolutely no need for comments like that.

Ed Dawes v Rynny for who’s more ITK and got his good pundit game on ... I know who I’m pickin...

#vivaed

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I gave you a clap @Ninos for your monologue above, as l thought it a good, enjoyable read. Not that l agree with it line for line, but the general thrust l can go with.  

In many ways l feel regret for Chris Martin the way things appear to be turning out. Been a very good servant of the club, and in the right system remains a top end championship striker. He would for instance be a good fit still at Fulham, or in teams like Reading or Brizzle who are happy to play pretty triangles. Rowett’s approach is much more linear; not often pretty on the eye, but clearly effective.  

Bottom line Martin no longer fits at Derby, and at this point Rowett has earned the opportunity to continue his project.  Hence l am pretty sure if he can Rowett will be looking for a more direct player (a younger Nugent) to replace Martin this window, or (if that not possible) in the Summer.  Shame for Martin who l think loves the club, shame for fans who love seeing pretty triangles, but not a shame at all in my view if we secure promotion this season (or next). 

Agree pretty much with all of that. I like Martin a lot, I like how he plays and I would be more than happy for him to stay. However, as you say, bringing in a player who more suits our current style (which I have got to say i’m loving) can only be good for the club.

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Only at Derby can people actually criticise our players who are second in the league and regularly in the selected 18 

LOL ! Seriously? How dare we criticise any regular 18s such as Alex Pearce like that! We’ve hit a new low for success. Just be in the 18 and you’re mint. Rock on mediocrity?

Martinites retreating and now lowering the bar further ... presumably based on visible green grass evidence.

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Ed Dawes v Rynny for who’s more ITK and got his good pundit game on ... I know who I’m pickin...

#vivaed

Well if Martin is leaving imminently why risk playing him, why not give us more than "If Martin comes on it could well be his very last game in a Derby shirt at Pride Park" come on Ed, who is interested? When does it look like he will be going?

And tbh ninos I don't really care what you side you pick or what you say and your sad reactions to posts to any post from your "Martinites" in this thread.

I think it's pretty obvious that if a reasonable bid comes in for Martin, he will be sold.

But whilst he is a Derby player, he should be respected. He's been nothing but a class act for this club and I'm sure he's given all of us some class memories. 

Any team in this league, that use him correctly, have got a bloody good goalscorer in their hands. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Interesting you mention Fulham cuz jokanovic is once again on the hunt for a striker. Would he go for Martin again given all the drama there before? I’m thinking he very well might.

Archived