Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

@Ninos I think a lot of people are tired of your view on Martin, we get it - you don't like him. You don't need to infect every single thread with this ****. We know you'd sell him. We know that even if he scored a hattrick you still wouldn't praise him, so stop flogging a dead horse, you won't ''convert'' people to your way of thinking, many people think you're talking crap when it comes to Martin, you say some things I agree with, but your anti Martin stance really is tiresome. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

@Ninos I think we're all tired of your view on Martin, we get it - you don't like him. You don't need to infect every single thread with this ****. We know you'd sell him. We know that even if he scored a hattrick you still wouldn't praise him, so stop flogging a dead horse, you won't ''convert'' people to your way of thinking, most people think you're talking crap when it comes to Martin, you say some things I agree with, but your anti Martin stance really is tiresome. 

Infect ? Surely you mean “purify”? 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

@Ninos I think we're all tired of your view on Martin, we get it - you don't like him. You don't need to infect every single thread with this ****. We know you'd sell him. We know that even if he scored a hattrick you still wouldn't praise him, so stop flogging a dead horse, you won't ''convert'' people to your way of thinking, most people think you're talking crap when it comes to Martin, you say some things I agree with, but your anti Martin stance really is tiresome. 

I wouldn't bother mate. Martin's going to Wolves because the 2 parties are talking and there's no smoke without fire. Cast iron certainty - almost as nailed on as the Toddy facts were.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Most fictional post I ever saw 

Vyds Nuge and Winnall backing them up is sufficient ... I just read the Nuge Vydra combo being deadly AWAY from home part and knew you’re fabricating stuff - like all the Martin crazies. You need to pay attention to what goes on in games. Jeez.

kinda like the ding dong guy who said martin set up Russell and turns out he didn’t go to the game or even watch the game ... to know Matty Phillips gifted us the goal. 

and just stop with the Vydra Martin thing ...Vydra is fantastic and Martin is rubbish ... you don’t pair Filet mignon with lucozade. It’s Vydra and Nugent !!!! That’s the partnership that’s clicked and rocked opposition defences. Deal with it. 

Your whole post is a combo of lies and myth.

Now you can go shave your grans head. 

Matty Phillips is a black winger who plays for West Brom

If they're is any truth to this rumour, I hope we get rid as early as possible in the window.

Not because I don't like Martin, in fact the opposite.

It pisses me off to see our smartest option up front left on the bench week after week, and then having to justify his rare appearances to those who believe he gives nothing to the team when he isn't God like when he appears.

He's literally made to play with Vydra, and why GR can't see it is a mystery. 

We've become a defensive, cautious side, yet our defensive record over the last few seasons is amongst the best in the division.

Get on the front foot, attack teams esp at home, and find a way to play our best players in the same line up, I include Nuge in that btw, no reason he, Martin and Vydra can't play in the same team.

get shut guys - he doesn't fit in anymore - and won't reach the goals / achievements of 13/14

He and us have moved on - good luck to the guy

Remember when Colin Todd - moved to Everton...cried all night.....but then realised  - had his day....

And Colin Todd was a lot better player!!

8 minutes ago, irobinson said:

get shut guys - he doesn't fit in anymore - and won't reach the goals / achievements of 13/14

He and us have moved on - good luck to the guy

Remember when Colin Todd - moved to Everton...cried all night.....but then realised  - had his day....

And Colin Todd was a lot better player!!

You were wrong about todd - that left a gaping hole - and your are wrong about martin. He showed his class yesterday.

If, and it's a big if, there's any truth in the rumour, it all comes down to the fee. If we get a big fee and have someone else lined up to come in who Gary thinks will improve us, then go for it. But if the fee is low and we don't/can't afford to get anyone else in, then no, we're much better keeping him. 

If this transfer becomes reality, should we fail to go up, what joy it will bring to many Rams fans.

Potentially Martin will join Hendrick, Hughes, Grant in the Premiership and maybe even Ince will still be there.

Of course like all of them for different reasons either not right for our system or good enough for our team, yet others see value! 

Leaves me quite sad at the thought Martin could join that "club" :(

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

If this transfer becomes reality, should we fail to go up, what joy it will bring to many Rams fans.

Potentially Martin will join Hendrick, Hughes, Grant in the Premiership and maybe even Ince will still be there.

Of course like all of them for different reasons either not right for our system or good enough for our team, yet others see value! 

Leaves me quite sad at the thought Martin could join that "club" :(

...and bryson?

I'm genuinely puzzled by people that say we should sell Martin because they think we have enough strikers.

Who do we have?

1. Nugent,  A good player but will he be fit for the whole season? Maybe he will, but a risky strategy.

2. Winall.   Only on loan. A decent young prospect but a bit raw yet. Do we really want to base our attack around him?

3, Bent.   He's a hundred and three years old, permanently offside and he's Darren Bent.

4.            er... that's it.

I suppose it will be pointed out that G.R. could use the money to buy a replacement, but please tell me who we could realistically buy that would be guaranteed better than Martin and different to Nugent.

6 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

I'm genuinely puzzled by people that say we should sell Martin because they think we have enough strikers.

Who do we have?

1. Nugent,  A good player but will he be fit for the whole season? Maybe he will, but a risky strategy.

2. Winall.   Only on loan. A decent young prospect but a bit raw yet. Do we really want to base our attack around him?

3, Bent.   He's a hundred and three years old, permanently offside and he's Darren Bent.

I suppose it will be pointed out that G.R. could use the money to buy a replacement, but please tell me who we could realistically buy that would be guaranteed better than Martin and different to Nugent.

He's not exactly young either, he's 26. He's a younger version of Darren Bent. Can't base our attack around that kind of player.

2 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Who do we have?

There is literally 0 logic to the idea of selling him because as you've just illustrated, it would leave us very short of quality up top. It also leaves is desperately short of players who can unlock a packed defence, which Martin has just shown us he can do against Ipswich and Burton.

The only people who are calling for his sale are the ones who've had a massive chip on their shoulder against him for a very long time. These are the same type people who thought Keogh was crap and would still lambaste him on here or on the phone in regardless of how well he played. It's this weird breed of fan who whenever they dislike a player for whatever arbitrary reason, they spout pure hatred regardless of how well the player does. 

Admittedly I am being a bit unkind to some who are saying 'if the price is right', which is fair I suppose but it's not exactly like we're strapped for cash nor could we replace him cheaply. Vydra was around 7 million and that's relatively cheap compared to the going rate for top strikers around this level.

Martin is a good footballer who has forgotten he’s a centre forward.

He knows he’s not quick and so is using his footballing brain and passing skills to put others in. This has come at the expense of personal attempts on goal which must be way down on the stats. You don’t win the lottery if you don’t buy a ticket.

If we are happy he plays in a 10 role a la Sheringham we keep him. If not, we sell.

However, Lawrence isn’t exactly pulling up trees so we should be careful what we wish for.

It tells a very big story that the top of the table and the best football side this season want Martin - he would be perfect for them! That said he should also be perfect for us to pair with Vydra regularly- if wolves got him that would guarantee promotion for them and if we lost him it would be likely to affect our chances of promotion also because replacing him would be very difficult.

we should only sell if they offered crazy money and by that I mean £10 million plus 

nugent has been great but I believe he is nearly 33, Winnall is not our player, Bent needs to move on which leaves us with Vydra who may attract a high bid which we would seriously consider.

other teams only want your best players normally- we need to clear out the the non contenders in our squad and move forward with youngsters which we are generating ourselves.

for me keep Martin and use him especially with Vydra 

Selling Martin would be daft. Gives us that plan B - and as Sparkle said, Nugent's no spring chicken, out of contract next Summer, Bent out of contract this summer, Winnall goes back to Wednesday. If Martin goes too, worst case is Nugent and Vydra. Bang goes the flexibility.

If we are to sell him, £5-6m would be daft too. Would you be able to replace Martin with someone similar for the same price? Not in my eyes.

Archived