Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Selling Martin would be daft. Gives us that plan B - and as Sparkle said, Nugent's no spring chicken, out of contract next Summer, Bent out of contract this summer, Winnall goes back to Wednesday. If Martin goes too, worst case is Nugent and Vydra. Bang goes the flexibility.

If we are to sell him, £5-6m would be daft too. Would you be able to replace Martin with someone similar for the same price? Not in my eyes.

Spot on

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Selling Martin would be daft. Gives us that plan B - and as Sparkle said, Nugent's no spring chicken, out of contract next Summer, Bent out of contract this summer, Winnall goes back to Wednesday. If Martin goes too, worst case is Nugent and Vydra. Bang goes the flexibility.

If we are to sell him, £5-6m would be daft too. Would you be able to replace Martin with someone similar for the same price? Not in my eyes.

Some would get rid of Martin no matter what the fee. That's not daft - it's idiotic. 

We keep him - not that I think there's a grain of truth in this 'rumour.

On 03/12/2017 at 15:46, Ninos said:

Most fictional post I ever saw 

Vyds Nuge and Winnall backing them up is sufficient ... I just read the Nuge Vydra combo being deadly AWAY from home part and knew you’re fabricating stuff - like all the Martin crazies. You need to pay attention to what goes on in games. Jeez.

kinda like the ding dong guy who said martin set up Russell and turns out he didn’t go to the game or even watch the game ... to know Matty Phillips gifted us the goal. 

and just stop with the Vydra Martin thing ...Vydra is fantastic and Martin is rubbish ... you don’t pair Filet mignon with lucozade. It’s Vydra and Nugent !!!! That’s the partnership that’s clicked and rocked opposition defences. Deal with it. 

Your whole post is a combo of lies and myth.

Now you can go shave your grans head. 

Ding dong

Hmmm,I think I'm pretty capable of watching the highlights of a game on a large screen TV from 3ft away and analysing that Russell scored off a deflection from Martin's parried shot which had then been horribly cocked up by Burton's unfortunate defender.

But then I didn't have my ridiculous, hilarious and extremely distorted ninos goggles on.

There is really something very wrong with you not to see how much improved we were with the addition of cm into the side against Burton...together with thorne,who you are somehow able to praise for his skill but utterly unable to see the same traits in Martin..

You really are becoming a joke ninos,get a grip.

nerd-glasses-big.jpg

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ding dong

Hmmm,I think I'm pretty capable of watching the highlights of a game on a large screen TV from 3ft away and analysing that Russell scored off a deflection from Martin's parried shot which had then been horribly cocked up by Burton's unfortunate defender.

But then I didn't have my ridiculous, hilarious and extremely distorted ninos goggles on.

There is really something very wrong with you not to see how much improved we were with the addition of cm into the side against Burton...together with thorne,who you are somehow able to praise for his skill but utterly unable to see the same traits in Martin..

nerd-glasses-big.jpg

Ah that is what Ninos looks like. I often wondered

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ding dong

nerd-glasses-big.jpg

Much improved against Burton? I couldn't disagree anymore. I think we played well against Ipswich and actually carved out a few really good goalscorer opportunities against a decent side. 

In the Burton game, I felt we were running out of ideas. If it wasn't for a poor decision by the defender, there would have been a lot more people criticising the performance. Didn't see what Chris Martin offered the team in this game either. Clearly showed on a few occasions why Rowett hasn't opted to play him with Vydra before. I was always curious as to why Rowett hasn't tried this, but Saturday was enough evidence to convince me. You could see the non-verbal communication between the two. They were getting very frustrated with either themselves or one another. The prime example was the through ball that got played into them both. Vydra ran towards the far post for the cutback, Martin thought Vydra was going to get it, then by the time he realised it was left for him, he didn't have the pace to get on the end of it; chance wasted.

5 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Much improved against Burton? I couldn't disagree anymore. I think we played well against Ipswich and actually carved out a few really good goalscorer opportunities against a decent side. 

In the Burton game, I felt we were running out of ideas. If it wasn't for a poor decision by the defender, there would have been a lot more people criticising the performance. Didn't see what Chris Martin offered the team in this game either. Clearly showed on a few occasions why Rowett hasn't opted to play him with Vydra before. I was always curious as to why Rowett hasn't tried this, but Saturday was enough evidence to convince me. You could see the non-verbal communication between the two. They were getting very frustrated with either themselves or one another. The prime example was the through ball that got played into them both. Vydra ran towards the far post for the cutback, Martin thought Vydra was going to get it, then by the time he realised it was left for him, he didn't have the pace to get on the end of it; chance wasted.

Hello ninos,no need to be all shy!

On 12/3/2017 at 20:02, reveldevil said:

If they're is any truth to this rumour, I hope we get rid as early as possible in the window.

Not because I don't like Martin, in fact the opposite.

It pisses me off to see our smartest option up front left on the bench week after week, and then having to justify his rare appearances to those who believe he gives nothing to the team when he isn't God like when he appears.

He's literally made to play with Vydra, and why GR can't see it is a mystery. 

We've become a defensive, cautious side, yet our defensive record over the last few seasons is amongst the best in the division.

Get on the front foot, attack teams esp at home, and find a way to play our best players in the same line up, I include Nuge in that btw, no reason he, Martin and Vydra can't play in the same team.

This ^.

Thorne, Martin, Vydra, Russell. If that combination of players start regularly, we have a chance of going up this year. Sadly, I suspect that those players do not conform to GR's "smash n grab" , style. :mellow:

13 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ding dong

nerd-glasses-big.jpg

Becoming?

Get rid imo - he deserves better. He would absolutely smash it at wolves, and I've come to terms with the fact that we're not going to consistently see the 13/14 - 14/15 Chris Martin again. Not because he's declined, but because we're not going to get the best out of him.

He's definitely got a couple of 20+ goal seasons left in him, just not with us.  

2 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Get rid imo - he deserves better. He would absolutely smash it at wolves, and I've come to terms with the fact that we're not going to consistently see the 13/14 - 14/15 Chris Martin again. Not because he's declined, but because we're not going to get the best out of him.

He's definitely got a couple of 20+ goal seasons left in him, just not with us.  

3 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Hi, you are allowed your opinion, but just wanted to counter one point from being there on Saturday. The Martin/Vydra frustration moment you talk about was because Vydra ran towards the ball, gave up and ran in the opposite direction leaving Martin a near impossible job.

Vydra kinda played that game on Saturday, probably from fatigue, but he was playing for himself rather than the team. Another example of this was when Vydra knicked the ball from lawrence with his back to goal, when lawrence had a clear strike which does him no favours.

You say two players haven’t linked after 60 minutes and you blame the one who didn’t get substituted?

Appreciate everything he has done for the club and will never slag him off. That being said, Im in full agreement with those that he isn't the player he used to be. He doesn't look like scoring goals. He is not mobile enough anymore and certainly not for the way Rowett wants us to play. We need a striker who can run the channels, stretch the defense and ultimately create chances for himself. Martin thrived under McClaren in a possession based system where we committed so many players forward and ultimately created lots of chances for him. That being said, we were way to open and such a soft touch. I personally like Rowett and enjoy being more solid and tough to break down. Teams who have been successful in this league have that make up (Burnley, Brighton, Boro, Newcastle)... The current system doesn't suit Martin so lets get a good deal for him. I wouldn't sell for peanuts, but drive as much out of Wolves as we can and then sign a top class striker to fit the mould of what we need.

53 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Appreciate everything he has done for the club and will never slag him off. That being said, Im in full agreement with those that he isn't the player he used to be. He doesn't look like scoring goals. He is not mobile enough anymore and certainly not for the way Rowett wants us to play. We need a striker who can run the channels, stretch the defense and ultimately create chances for himself. Martin thrived under McClaren in a possession based system where we committed so many players forward and ultimately created lots of chances for him. That being said, we were way to open and such a soft touch. I personally like Rowett and enjoy being more solid and tough to break down. Teams who have been successful in this league have that make up (Burnley, Brighton, Boro, Newcastle)... The current system doesn't suit Martin so lets get a good deal for him. I wouldn't sell for peanuts, but drive as much out of Wolves as we can and then sign a top class striker to fit the mould of what we need.

Whilst I don't disagree that he doesn't suit the way Rowett generally sets up as a team, what he does give us is option to adapt that style. For example, the last two home games where both opponents have parked the proverbial bus. It's all well and good saying sell him and sign a top class striker but of all the people advocating this, I've yet to see any of them come up with the actual name of this so called 'top class striker.'

10 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Excellent post. That’s exactly what went on, except that unlike you I wasn’t eve curious about Vydra plus Martin as it seemed a daft pairing. Vydra not only scores but he can carve out good chances for players who can dart into spaces - but Martin don’t dart anywhere. Hes also referenced his partners ability to work hard off the ball as something that creates opportunities for himself. Then there’s just all the goals they’ve created together.

No serious Derby fan can currently question the Nuge Vydra partnership or want to replace it ...  it’s clicking

5 hours ago, Ramdale said:

A good common sense post. Nicely said.

Archived