Nick Blackman Plans

JaguarRam

Now as we end the season and we have to offload some of our fringe players and reduce the wage bill. So I was thinking about some ideas to sell on a player that hasn't really worked out for him or for us... Mr Nicholas Alexander Blackman.

Ideas-

1. Sell Will Hughes and hide in the small print that by purchasing this player you agree to take Blackman (no refunds given) or offer Hughes out at 15 million or 12 million and NB

2. Offer NB on a 2 for 1 with another player.

3. Any communication with any other team (by fans or club) should include the words "Would you be interested in Nick Blackman today?"  Include this with any communication with away fans. Think the half price sweets in Whsmith.. In fact get them on it as well....

4. Change his name to something French and offer him to Arsenal.

5. Drop him off at Forest and run away

6. Drop him off at Burton and tell Nigel that he is just like Conor Sammon. Then run away.

7. Drop him off at Swansea and tell Clement that this is your mess.. You sort it. Then run away.

8. Drop him off at Reading and explain he is faulty and see if he under warranty.

Thoughts?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really not his fault! Always injured so far, and when he's fit nothing but a last throw of the dice.

Maybe he'll come good, but i see nothing other than a few heavily subsididised loan spells, the occasional bench appearance and the eventual cancelling of his contract by mutual consent.

Watch him bang in 25+ next season as Martin's foil!

10 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Now as we end the season and we have to offload some of our fringe players and reduce the wage bill. So I was thinking about some ideas to sell on a player that hasn't really worked out for him or for us... Mr Nicholas Alexander Blackman.

Ideas-

1. Sell Will Hughes and hide in the small print that by purchasing this player you agree to take Blackman (no refunds given) or offer Hughes out at 15 million or 12 million and NB

3. Any communication with any other team (by fans or club) should include the words "Would you be interested in Nick Blackman today?"  Include this with any communication with away fans. Think the half price sweets in Whsmith.. In fact get them on it as well....

6. Drop him off at Burton and tell Nigel that he is just like Conor Sammon. Then run away.

7. Drop him off at Swansea and tell Clement that this is your mess.. You sort it. Then run away.

8. Drop him off at Reading and explain he is faulty and see if he under warranty.

Thoughts?

I'm still laughing 

9 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Ideas-

Thoughts?

I say give the lad a chance. Given a fair bit of time you could be a comedian.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

He really isn't that's bad! It's like the whole Chris Baird thing all over again, some idiots have to have a scapegoat so we pick the player who's barely been given a chance. I really do feel like telling Derby fans to **** off sometimes.

I remember Harry singling him out as a gifted player during his spell here.Now whatever anyone thinks about  Harry,statistics seem to show that over a very long period his judgement on players in general was pretty good.Seems to me the lad has something we haven't yet seen

1 hour ago, JaguarRam said:

I've tried not to think negatively about Will's situation,but was very worried by Gary's comment that he brought Will on at HT to gain some midfield control.Kind of get's you wondering why he wasn't on at the start, if Gary thinks he gives us midfield control.Dark thoughts make you think that he may be off next year and Gary wants to work (in the main) with players who'll be here.The counter (thankfully) to this argument is that whilst we still had a chance of the play offs,surely Gary would pick the starting line ups that he thought gave us the best chance of winning.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

He really isn't that's bad! It's like the whole Chris Baird thing all over again, some idiots have to have a scapegoat so we pick the player who's barely been given a chance. I really do feel like telling Derby fans to **** off sometimes.

What, only sometimes?

Has he been given a proper chance? I mean up front as a striker. I don't think he has. He has been stuck on the wing and he isn't a winger- like Weimann and played only a handful of times, mostly as a sub. How many full games has he played up front? I think zero. Maybe one half v Leicester but that's it.  I don't think he has looked good on the ball but my point is he has not had a proper chance. A player should be given time, but we've bought players for the sake of it. Same with Weimann who actually looks good. He rarely has played though. 

3 hours ago, JaguarRam said:

This is absolute genius. Slap a beret on him and tell Wenger he's a rough diamond who's spent a few seasons with Sedan. Considering Wenger still has Yaya Sanogo under contract I think he'd actually be really impressed with Noirehomme.

Unfair criticism of a player who I've questioned in the past, but recently he has shown himself to be dedicated to the cause and working hard in training/to get fit to play. 

I get this is in jest, but to a lot of fans they deem it necessary to rip into players relentlessly over and over until they break, creates a really negative atmosphere. Support your damn team, and they players that play for it. Reserve the right to hound someone out until they actually deserve it (think Payet, maybe Mandanda at Palace repeatedly saying to french journalists he wants out, sitting there earning huge amounts)

7 hours ago, Davide said:

Has he been given a proper chance? I mean up front as a striker. I don't think he has. He has been stuck on the wing and he isn't a winger- like Weimann and played only a handful of times, mostly as a sub. How many full games has he played up front? I think zero. Maybe one half v Leicester but that's it.  I don't think he has looked good on the ball but my point is he has not had a proper chance. A player should be given time, but we've bought players for the sake of it. Same with Weimann who actually looks good. He rarely has played though. 

Hope we never see him in a Derby shirt again. Look at his record - we bought him after a short good spell of form for him but the rest of his record is not impressive. He may have been played out of position but what skills have we seen from him that suggest he is worth persevering with - Weimann is much more impressive even if his scoring record is not that good.

It's not enough for him to be hard working - he is the product of a flawed season ( 2015.2016 ) and he is presumably being paid well for his time here. It would be fairer to him to move on to another club.

Archived