Nick Blackman Plans

JaguarRam

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How can you tell!

So you were just stating a 'fact' for the sake of it not to suggest you'd play him, fair enough.

How can I tell what?

No, I was not stating any 'fact', just my opinion that he was our best player against Barnsley. I did this because somebody made the point that he had been given a start against Barnsley as a chance to prove himself.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How can I tell what?

No, I was not stating any 'fact', just my opinion that he was our best player against Barnsley. I did this because somebody made the point that he had been given a start against Barnsley as a chance to prove himself.

How could you tell he was injured - joke! Well then in 1 of 7 starts he proved himself (in your opinion), mine is that that doesn't seem to be good enough. Plus all we hear is how great he is in training, but he can't even get on the bench?

He's gonna move on a lot richer and perhaps wiser. I hope someone comes in for him, I'm sure a fresh start would be best all round.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How could you tell he was injured - joke! Well then in 1 of 7 starts he proved himself (in your opinion), mine is that that doesn't seem to be good enough. Plus all we hear is how great he is in training, but he can't even get on the bench?

He's gonna move on a lot richer and perhaps wiser. I hope someone comes in for him, I'm sure a fresh start would be best all round.

Maybe 'cos he has been injured?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not all the time he hasn't.

You're correct, he must have been almost fit to play in mid-Feb. Rest of the season though...

3.11.2016 - Derby County will be without Nick Blackman for six weeks after the striker underwent knee surgery.

22.12.2016 - Derby County striker Nick Blackman is back in training after over two months out with a knee injury.

6.1.2017 - Derby County striker Nick Blackman has suffered a slight setback in his comeback from injury. Blackman underwent knee surgery in October ...

3.3.2017 - Striker Nick Blackman is still a week or two away from a return to training, says Derby County boss Steve McClaren. Blackman underwent knee 

24.3. 2017 "I've spoken to Nick Blackman and he is hoping to get back into training in the next three to four weeks," Rowett told Rams TV. "We are hoping that we'll see him back on the pitch towards the end of the season, whether that's in training or in games. "Realistically, we're probably looking towards having him up and running for pre-season."

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

You're correct, he must have been almost fit to play in mid-Feb. Rest of the season though...

Well not quite as long as I thought, it's difficult though cos no-one mentions him much - he was in that training vid yesterday - I can understand why though.

At the end of the day (as much as I like the guy) he will only be a bit part player for Derby and for the money he is on that would be better spent on a younger player.. If a player is not a first team regular at 27 then he should be sold on. I know he has been injured but even before that he was not a regular.. We have better players. 

We need a good first team and some younger players looking to break through. 

2 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

At the end of the day (as much as I like the guy) he will only be a bit part player for Derby and for the money he is on that would be better spent on a younger player.. If a player is not a first team regular at 27 then he should be sold on. I know he has been injured but even before that he was not a regular.. We have better players. 

We need a good first team and some younger players looking to break through. 

You might be on to something here, I've got an idea, we could call it 'The Derby Way'.

On 20/04/2017 at 12:41, RoyMac5 said:

Baird and Warnock are good players.

Yes, but a lot of people would have happily seen them go for nothing without being given a good chance in the team at all. Reminds me of how people right now would happily see Blackman go for a fraction of what we bought him for, despite the fact that he's probably a pretty decent footballer when given the chance. 

I'm not saying I expect him to come in to the team and return to his form at Reading if given the chance because I honestly think he was just playing out of his skin at the time, but he's not as bad as many people are making out by any means.

On 15/04/2017 at 21:35, JaguarRam said:

Now as we end the season and we have to offload some of our fringe players and reduce the wage bill. So I was thinking about some ideas to sell on a player that hasn't really worked out for him or for us... Mr Nicholas Alexander Blackman.

Ideas-

1. Sell Will Hughes and hide in the small print that by purchasing this player you agree to take Blackman (no refunds given) or offer Hughes out at 15 million or 12 million and NB

2. Offer NB on a 2 for 1 with another player.

3. Any communication with any other team (by fans or club) should include the words "Would you be interested in Nick Blackman today?"  Include this with any communication with away fans. Think the half price sweets in Whsmith.. In fact get them on it as well....

4. Change his name to something French and offer him to Arsenal.

5. Drop him off at Forest and run away

6. Drop him off at Burton and tell Nigel that he is just like Conor Sammon. Then run away.

7. Drop him off at Swansea and tell Clement that this is your mess.. You sort it. Then run away.

8. Drop him off at Reading and explain he is faulty and see if he under warranty.

Thoughts?

I'd rather have Eddie Lewis on the books. 

God how any of you can call yourselves supports is beyond me.

By all means criticise a player but this goes far beyond criticising i t is nasty vicious utterly disgraceful

All the guy has done is to play out of place in what 16 gamesHe didnt make Derby pay 3 million for him( but who knows played regularly in hid prefered posiotion we might all be pleasantly surprised)

cast you minds back to Bairds early days how much stick did he get and now one of,if not THE. most dependable defenders weve got

6 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

cast you minds back to Bairds early days how much stick did he get and now one of,if not THE. most dependable defenders weve got

When Blackman proves himself to be the quality of footballer Baird is then by all means come on here and lambast us. Until then I will stick with my opinion that he pretty average at best.

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

God how any of you can call yourselves supports is beyond me.

By all means criticise a player but this goes far beyond criticising i t is nasty vicious utterly disgraceful

All the guy has done is to play out of place in what 16 gamesHe didnt make Derby pay 3 million for him( but who knows played regularly in hid prefered posiotion we might all be pleasantly surprised)

Shows how far we've fallen when Baird is our most dependable player .

Ive been wondering about him.

Perhaps its a mentality thing? Perhaps he's just overwhelmed in the match situation? Not a not trying thing but a put himself under pressure then crumbles himself in a vicious circle.

We hear noises from time to time he trains well and has some skill.

Still, I dont think he's done much to impress Rowett, but he's been injured so I dont see how he could really.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Perhaps its a mentality thing? Perhaps he's just overwhelmed in the match situation? Not a not trying thing but a put himself under pressure then crumbles himself in a vicious circle.

Still, I dont think he's done much to impress Rowett, but he's been injured so I dont see how he could really.

I think his problem is he's just not very good, can't do ote about it. You've either got it or you ain't.

I would have thought GR would  want to see him play in one of the systems that GR wants us to adapt before off loading him.

You never know he might become our main threat  next season?

TBF injury and lack of confidence have blighted his career with us so far.

59 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Time to time?! 

I think in the programmes this season the only player to not say he's the best in training is Masey B! 

I really wouldn't know what do with Blackman.

Archived