Nick Blackman Plans

JaguarRam

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, cannable said:

Weimann' registered either a goal or an assist every time he's started as a striker for Wolves.

Funnily enough he's only scored one in thirteen as a winger!

Let's see if Rowett wants him then shall we ( may depend on if we sell Ince)

On 15.4.2017 at 22:45, reveldevil said:

It's really not his fault! Always injured so far, and when he's fit nothing but a last throw of the dice.

Maybe he'll come good, but i see nothing other than a few heavily subsididised loan spells, the occasional bench appearance and the eventual cancelling of his contract by mutual consent.

Watch him bang in 25+ next season as Martin's foil!

Exactly, maybe its my nature, but im much more inclined to give him a chance, when he has never been given a chance.

Rather that than consider extending the contract of Bent who doesnt work hard, cannot link play, has lost his pace, and has lost the ability to time a run and look along the lie to stay onside. Im at the end of my teather with him. I genuinally think if Blackman had played as often as Bent most people opinions wouldnt be so negative of him.

26 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Good player who is injured and low on confidence. I can see Rowett cashing in Ince and giving Blackman a go. Noteven close being as good in dribbling, but would give more heading ability and sheer power.

I've been saying this for ages. Just needs to be given a chance in his best position, for me. 

36 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I've been saying this for ages. Just needs to be given a chance in his best position, for me. 

I'm sure he played right of a front 3 under Pearson?

I vaguely remember the misery at Barnsley,wasn't it Benty who started and Martin came on at half time?NB on the right?

He definitely played on the right pre season V the Blades.

Given a chance in the side I'm pretty sure he'd turn out to be a decent player. I also seem to remember Baird and Warnock being written off by some fans before becoming POTS contenders once finally given a run of games in the team. 

48 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Given a chance in the side I'm pretty sure he'd turn out to be a decent player. I also seem to remember Baird and Warnock being written off by some fans before becoming POTS contenders once finally given a run of games in the team. 

You're wasting your time with such sensible comparisons. 

1 hour ago, SIWY said:

Baird and Warnock are good players.

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I'm sure he played right of a front 3 under Pearson?

I vaguely remember the misery at Barnsley,wasn't it Benty who started and Martin came on at half time?NB on the right?

He definitely played on the right pre season V the Blades.

Yes and he was probably our best player that day. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes and he was probably our best player that day. 

God we must have been rubbish then! If this guy was any good he's have forced his way into the side, he'd have shown something when he played. But he hasn't. Who would you drop to play him then?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

God we must have been rubbish then! If this guy was any good he's have forced his way into the side, he'd have shown something when he played. But he hasn't. Who would you drop to play him then?

Sorry? 

Where did I say I would drop someone for him?

Just saying on 1 of his 7 starts he was the best player in my opinion.

You do realise he has been injured most of the season don't you?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sorry? 

I remember him starting on the opening day, and very early on into that game he beat his man down the right and got a great cross in for Bent. It was like a different player than we had seen, not only was he willing to use his right side, he also got quality in. That really has stuck in my head for some reason. I just honestly think he needs a good run in the side - but the major problem with this is Ince plays in his best position, and is a better player.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

I remember him starting on the opening day, and very early on into that game he beat his man down the right and got a great cross in for Bent. It was like a different player than we had seen, not only was he willing to use his right side, he also got quality in. That really has stuck in my head for some reason. I just honestly think he needs a good run in the side - but the major problem with this is Ince plays in his best position, and is a better player.

He looks positive on the ball and wants to get shots away, something that we have not done enough of this season.

Surprised more do not like him for that, after all there are a few who shout 'shoot' any time one of our players touched the ball within 40 yards of the opposition goal. (Only to slate the player for missing the target seconds later).

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sorry? 

How can you tell!

So you were just stating a 'fact' for the sake of it not to suggest you'd play him, fair enough.

Archived