Nick Blackman Plans

JaguarRam

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing he's on £30k a week - be shocked if he isn't especially when our wage bill is over £30 Million. Nobody apart from a chairman as desperate as Mel Morris will pay this guy £30k a week even if it's a free transfer!

The best we may get as a wage contribution is £5-£10k a week so we really are up the Sh***** with this one.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

The trouble is that's what he's looked like - it's not making it up. One of the obvious deficiencies in this squad is consistency, do you really think however great Blackman is (not) he's going to add that?

If his problem is consistency from what we've seen so far, then what's wrong? Lack of consistency is probably more to do with being low on confidence and not getting a run in the team. I'm not saying he's going to improve the squad and be amazing, I just feel it's ridiculous how he's seen as a joke figure who's utter trash without really being given a chance.

44 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Rotherham away last year, played down the line to him at 0-3, appalling 1st touch, weak in the challenge thereafter, leading directly to their 1st goal.

I'm not saying he's poor, but he's looked it every time I've seen him.

Yes he's had poor moments, but you could make every player look terrible, even Will Hughes, if you put together a highlights package of their worst bits of play. I really don't have a problem with people not rating him, it's those who seem to take pleasure in attacking him and wanting him to fail. 

I guarantee that if Will Hughes organised the Kit Collection with Punjabi Rams, people would be fawning all over him.

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

If his problem is consistency from what we've seen so far, then what's wrong? Lack of consistency is probably more to do with being low on confidence and not getting a run in the team.

Inconsistency is the best of his problems. Apparently he's sh@t-hot in training, where there's no pressure! If only he didn't vie with George for the sick-note crown we'd at least be able to be sure that he wasn't playing cos he's naff. I wouldn't miss him if we got rid and neither would the team to be fair!

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't find it odd, they are both pretty average players who offer less than what we already have. Weimann at least has a bit of energy. Blackman had a lucky patch.

It's odd we have bought a lot of players who don't play much or are played out of position. Squad depth is important but we have spent a lot of money on fringe players. Why buy Blackman or Weimann unless they will play or be in strong contention. Either recruitment hasn't been good enough (because they aren't good enough players) or they haven't been used properly. 

10 minutes ago, Davide said:

Why buy Blackman or Weimann unless they will play or be in strong contention. Either recruitment hasn't been good enough (because they aren't good enough players) or they haven't been used properly. 

Linked with changing managers as often as socks. But maybe recruitment could be improved?

7 minutes ago, Topram said:

No wonder we don't get anywhere when fans slag players of who haven't even got a chance yet still love fans favourites who have been awful all season! Give the lad a bloody chance ffs

Yes you're right, it's all our fault the team hasn't performed this season. 

Him not having a chance yet is a myth, whenever he's had some game time he's been by far the worst player, you can't just give bad players 6 or 7 games in a row in the hope they might come good, this is a results business. If you get 20 mins or half an hour you have to take the chance, nothing is given to you.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

Well, it made me laugh but I hope it was fairly light-hearted.

I haven't totally given up on Nick Blackman yet as I don't think he's really had a chance to settle into the team in his preferred position. People were saying much the same in defence of Vydra until recently and he looks like he could still come good now he's getting some games.

Although I am not sure that there will be the same opportunity for Blackman here given our number of forwards and he may well have to move to get back into a team on a regular basis. I feel for the guy.

Agreed with all of that except the final five words. I have it from a very reliable source that Blackman earns a basic salary of £1.5m a year with us. So I just can't bring myself to feel for him at all.

The craziest transfer since Conor Sammon, but in the same sort of league.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Yes you're right, it's all our fault the team hasn't performed this season. 

Him not having a chance yet is a myth, whenever he's had some game time he's been by far the worst player, you can't just give bad players 6 or 7 games in a row in the hope they might come good, this is a results business. If you get 20 mins or half an hour you have to take the chance, nothing is given to you.

I'm not saying it's our fault but let's be honest if you go to the games it's not long before moaning and groaning and no getting behind the players, they've let us fans down but we don't help ourselves at times mate!

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Agreed with all of that except the final five words. I have it from a very reliable source that Blackman earns a basic salary of £1.5m a year with us. So I just can't bring myself to feel for him at all.

If paying someone huge amounts of money guaranteed success, football would be simple! 

No real idea how that salary compares with our other players and I read all sorts of variations, for example Martin's recent pay deal was quoted anywhere between £18,000 and £30,000 per week.

As it's you, I  am more inclined to believe the figure for Blackman which I make £29,000 per week. I  still feel for him! 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

As it's you, I  am more inclined to believe the figure for Blackman which I make £29,000 per week. I  still feel for him! 

If he's fit and not being played next season would you expect him to put in a transfer request? If he did and it was refused, then I might just feel a teeny bit sorry for.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he's fit and not being played next season would you expect him to put in a transfer request? If he did and it was refused, then I might just feel a teeny bit sorry for.

On his salary he's got to be in GR's plans before the season starts or he's offloaded, 

we can't continue with this bloated squad.

There will be a number of departures in the summer and FFP is keeping an eye on us.

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

What does his salary have to do with it? It's not his fault someone offered him that money and I'm not sure the amount of money he takes home has anything to do with wanting to be made at home and feel wanted at a club. 

Separate point (not aimed at you at all Carl despite the quote). I find the criticism of him a bit strange really, for one reason or another we've barely seen him play. I think when he has played he's shown a good touch and some good ability all in all. And he seems a great bloke to boot with a really good attitude. Gets targeted more than anyone else which I just find a bit odd but also quite typical of our fanbase.

Archived