Rowett minimum expectations for 17/18

Day

Rowett Expections  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the assumption that we'll end the season pretty much where we are now, I'd have to expect playoffs as required progress.

The proviso for that would be that GR is able to have the squad clear out and replace in the summer, as most seem to agree is required.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Does the question mean "What would we be reasonably happy with?" or "What does Rowett have to achieve to prevent Mel pulling the trigger again?"

Ah youre right thats a different question.

We'll need to be comfortably in the top 6, probably challenging for top 2 to avoid him being sacked.

Personally I just want us to win more than we lose or draw. 

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Does the question mean "What would we be reasonably happy with?" or "What does Rowett have to achieve to prevent Mel pulling the trigger again?"

What are your personal expectations

I think he'll be expected to be in the top 6. If he is allowed to bring in a few players I think that's acceptable. I'm a bit more realistic. I'd accept good signs in the first half of the season and staying in touch with the play offs.

I'm not going to give a league position, because I want to see clear signs of a club philosophy/style-of-play/whatever being implemented across the whole club.  I want it to look like we have some sensible idea of how we're going to play, I want us to be playing players that can do the jobs required of them in that system, and I want us to be signing players that suit our style.  I would much rather us finish 10th and show clear signs of that, than scrape 6th with a mish-mash of a squad and a load of players playing out of position.

Sith Happens

Sort the spine out, solve the George Thorne issue, hopefully that is George but if not someone else who can actually play the role.

Finishing 7th to 10th. Not lose to Forest over both games. Stop conceding silly Goals in the last minutes of games. Mel Morris to go into hibernation for the season and Steve Mac to still stupidly believe he has unfinished business at Derby County. They are my expectations for next season!

5 minutes ago, ColchesterRam said:

Finishing 7th to 10th. Not lose to Forest over both games. Stop conceding silly Goals in the last minutes of games. Mel Morris to go into hibernation for the season and Steve Mac to still stupidly believe he has unfinished business at Derby County. They are my expectations for next season!

Assuming there are games against Forest, of course :lol:

59 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This will depend on how the season pans out. If we play Billy Davies style football that gets us top 2 by November, then go on a miserable run that drops us out of the playoffs, both Mel and the fans won't be too happy with finally scraping a 7-10th place finish with some wins vs teams who are on the beach.

If we play entertaining football from the start but struggle to pick up points, that turns into more points when we start to click leading to a 7-10th place finish, then most people, including Mel would be much happier than the above.

I think Rowett is a good manager and we've got plenty of good players so I'll be surprised if we are not well in the playoff mix. Sunderland, Boro and Hull aren't a too scary prospect either. If Hull go down but keep their manager, they could be good.

Archived