Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well done Mel. Looking forward to my next trip to see the Rams already.

This will now put an end to every championship manager telling us what a quality squad Derby have, before they outwit, and produce very little to turn us over. Preston are above us in the league. Look what Huddersfield are achieving, how quickly Leeds have come on, Reading back up the table, Fulham back up the table and us still going round in a circle.

This time I think Mel will get it right, with his selection, and I think we'll fly because his new man won't put up with the predictable players that SM brought to the club in his previous stint, before he got carried away with his Newcastle Premiership dream.

Upwards and onwards. Keep The Faith.

Up The Rams.

Enjoying a Leffe, great news.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

No he didn't. Given all the flack this was a brave move by Mel. He needs to redefine the Derby Way and go back to the whole footballing philosophy approach. We have a bloated squad of overpaid mediocrity and a new visionary man needs to come in and stick with the Derby plan. If it's true that all the scouts have gone that's good too!

The most upset group right now are forest fans who will know what an albatross manager we just axed.

I wouldn't disagree with the first part of your post. But sacking the manager in March isn't the way I'd go about that.

I thought the whole point of appointing a manager like McClaren who likes to play football was to give him time to get us back on track? To do that you need to give him stability behind the scenes, a summer, and a pre-season. You've said in your post that we have an overpaid, bloated squad of mediocre players so champagne football this season shouldn't be the expectation.

McClaren hinted in his pre-match interview before Brighton that certain individuals lacked commitment. My impression is that with the play-offs clearly falling away and summer fast approaching, the manager recently told a few players some home truths and they didn't like it.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Right now I'm not sure, I'd have put an interim in charge until the summer and decided then based on who's available, but it doesn't look like we're hanging around which if we get the right man is probably better, gives him more time to make decisions. Out of who's available now, I'd probably back warburton the most however.

An interim. What like Wassall who you've also slagged off as being 'clueless' - that sort of interim or were you thinking more like Guus Hiddink :thumbsup: You've got Rowett anyway mate. Enjoy!

Mel put an ad in the China Times - I reckon they would die to pick up one of the founding clubs of the football league. Invest a few billion job done..

Would be in safer hands than yours that's a fact..not a Mac fan at all but this constant knee jerk leadership is pointless..

Ranieri needs a job :D

1 minute ago, Rammy1 said:

rowett was with Mel al day yesterday at his house in mercaston. Saw him arrive and leave. 

its100%

Do you stalk them? 

PistoldPete2

I think it's right to get the new manager in now rather than faffing about like we did last season. He can look at what we've got and decide what to do about it in the summer. 

quote from the daily mail

"Sources indicate senior players not signed by the former England manager during his first spell held reservations about his style."

some of these players are absolutely toxic and need to get out of this club ASAP

1 hour ago, Rams forever said:

This is getting beyond a joke, we need some stability for feck sake .

Why the obsession with stability? Is this stability now? 

We all know the team needs ripping up, that will    Destabilise us, it's about who we can trust to see that process through

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

@ninos & @Millenniumram - as two of McClaren's biggest critics you need to spill now - who'd you favour now you've got your way? Rowett 1/6 by the way....

Have I upset you? :whistle:

If we want to get out of this league.., Warnock..

If I had to choose between Rowett and Warburton.. The latter please.

It will be a lottery anyway..

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

An interim. What like Wassall who you've also slagged off as being 'clueless' - that sort of interim or were you thinking more like Guus Hiddink :thumbsup:

Would have kept Powell and left him in charge until the end of the season, guus hiddink would be nice though:lol:

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

No matter which side if the fence you sit on in this fiasco there is one depressing fact that has been over looked. With Chris Powell gone, it means Wassell will more than likely be taking the  training in the morning. We need the new man in ASAP!!

Wassall got us into the play-offs and we actually played some decent football under him, at times. The football could be erratic but he did what was asked of him. 

I don't pretend to understand his reputation. 

Archived